[1.2.x] Oos' Crit Dagger Capped Block Ranger (Reave / Flicker / Double Strike) Acrobatics or IR

"
marciusyeong wrote:
"
Oosband wrote:
"
marciusyeong wrote:
How do u handle the mana issues while leveling? I'm running clarity and 5% mana leach but my mana levels seem to fluctuate alot.

Mightflay helps a lot because it's slow and high physical damage.
Have you tried Multistrike? Casts 3 times but you only use mana for one.

Below is my current gear and skill tree, I'm lvl51 and run with tempest shield, Clarity.

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4FfQW1BfkILg5IEZYV8Ba_GL0ZjhrbG60i6itvMHEyATiWPeJI7lVLVupW-mHibXtwUniufXWH24w2myabjZ2Wo4qmf6c0r-uxs7IZskS1SLcXt9PAUcaizerPetN-1CPXy92o3vbjhOd06NbtQe2D7g7z6vlj_MX-ug==

Also how do you max your resists I am having trouble doing that.

I think you can probably come up with an answer for that. Look at your gear for resists. I went more defensive for now meaning more evasion and more resists on gear rather than all out damage, might kill a bit slower but its safer. IMO try to get triple res and high dual res on gear, it will make it easier.

Last edited by thewretched on Dec 15, 2013, 2:43:34 PM
Hit 44 with this build. Having tons of fun with it, its a nice break from my groundslam/heavy strike marauder which I absolutely love to play (I know I know its weird, but its my fave build). I've opted to go with a really fast (1.84 weapon attack speed) sword for now until I spec into dagger nodes. I'm starting to see the potential of this build and its just awesome.

The best moment I've had so far was tanking Kole and not getting touched once lol. I think I might go for the acrobatics evasion build in the long run. Thanks for posting this build Oos, I will update again once I'm into the 60's.
"
marciusyeong wrote:
"
Oosband wrote:
"
marciusyeong wrote:
How do u handle the mana issues while leveling? I'm running clarity and 5% mana leach but my mana levels seem to fluctuate alot.

Mightflay helps a lot because it's slow and high physical damage.
Have you tried Multistrike? Casts 3 times but you only use mana for one.

Below is my current gear and skill tree, I'm lvl51 and run with tempest shield, Clarity.

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4FfQW1BfkILg5IEZYV8Ba_GL0ZjhrbG60i6itvMHEyATiWPeJI7lVLVupW-mHibXtwUniufXWH24w2myabjZ2Wo4qmf6c0r-uxs7IZskS1SLcXt9PAUcaizerPetN-1CPXy92o3vbjhOd06NbtQe2D7g7z6vlj_MX-ug==

Also how do you max your resists I am having trouble doing that.

It's interesting that you're having mana problems with 4% leech. I guess it's because you're low level and already using a 6L Reave with a small mana pool. Maybe turn off Tempest Shield for farming and level clarity 1-2 more levels. Your mana goes up with each level so it will get easier to sustain.

As for resists, you're pretty much wearing full uniques, that will be fine up until Merciless Act 2, but after that you should look out for Life + Double Resists rare items for most of your slots.

"
thewretched wrote:
Hit 44 with this build. Having tons of fun with it, its a nice break from my groundslam/heavy strike marauder which I absolutely love to play (I know I know its weird, but its my fave build). I've opted to go with a really fast (1.84 weapon attack speed) sword for now until I spec into dagger nodes. I'm starting to see the potential of this build and its just awesome.

The best moment I've had so far was tanking Kole and not getting touched once lol. I think I might go for the acrobatics evasion build in the long run. Thanks for posting this build Oos, I will update again once I'm into the 60's.

Haha sounds good, keep me posted.
IGN: @Oos
Hey,
A few questions:
- why did you put "Capped Block" in the thread title?
- when and why would You play this build / char (PvP? / PvE?) over another build / char?

A few thoughts:
- Fun build, until one reaches 70+ and starts doing serious maps.
- Without a Huge investment in defensive gear, the survability is far from good.
- Without a Huge investment in a good dagger, the kill speed is mediocre, at best. When I say Huge investement, I do it from my point of view, which is a casual player with 2-3 hours of play time/day that is unable to pay 5+ ex for an item (and when I say 5+, check xyz and see how much a 2-3res + hp + good armor/eva costs, or a 8% crit dagger).
I am stuck with my crit mara wanderer and hoping to try other build.
My main build is still my easy but weak Summoner Witch (due to crappy gears).
Your build seem to be interesting to try.

Question from casual player :
How do you solo Piety and Dominus?
Any particular strategy or step?
"
scorburel wrote:
Hey,
A few questions:
- why did you put "Capped Block" in the thread title?
- when and why would You play this build / char (PvP? / PvE?) over another build / char?

A few thoughts:
- Fun build, until one reaches 70+ and starts doing serious maps.
- Without a Huge investment in defensive gear, the survability is far from good.
- Without a Huge investment in a good dagger, the kill speed is mediocre, at best. When I say Huge investement, I do it from my point of view, which is a casual player with 2-3 hours of play time/day that is unable to pay 5+ ex for an item (and when I say 5+, check xyz and see how much a 2-3res + hp + good armor/eva costs, or a 8% crit dagger).

Capped Block is in the title because with investment into the skill tree and gear like Crest of Perandus, you will have capped (or close) block.

I designed this build to be effective in both PvP and high level maps. I don't map on the character much anymore, but I PvP on it some nights, hopefully GGG will start the tournaments soon.

I don't think this build is very hard to gear up at all; Crest shield costs 1chaos and the rest of the gear can be picked up pretty easily. Searching for 70+ hp and dual 20+ resists on every gear slot, you can buy each piece for 2-5 chaos.
The hardest part is finding a good Dagger.

On Domination this was my first character, a lot of my gear is self found, the rest was bought from the currency earned by mapping.
Then I rerolled this character on Nemesis and was capped res, 4.5k hp when starting maps. Again, on Nemesis it was my first character so I had no bank to work with but could gear up the character fine.
I don't really know what else to say. Obviously if you compare your gear to the gear I posted in the first post it's going to feel bad, but you can have that gear level before you reach 90. Have a look at my Nemesis gear, that's more reasonable to compare to:

Spoiler

I have 12k Reave dps.
http://i.imgur.com/aqTMIc4.png

I don't know why the dagger isn't there; the character is dead/deleted but the dagger wasn;t very good anyway.

On both Dom and Nem I had a rubbish 200dps Dagger for the longest time, the clear speed isn't the best at the start but it's better than any other self-found melee build because of the crit.

Maybe link your gear, might be able to help you out.

"
yurayong wrote:
I am stuck with my crit mara wanderer and hoping to try other build.
My main build is still my easy but weak Summoner Witch (due to crappy gears).
Your build seem to be interesting to try.

Question from casual player :
How do you solo Piety and Dominus?
Any particular strategy or step?

Yeah you can solo farm Piety and Dominus. I even had a set of MF jewelry to farm Dominus effectively.
You can also kill any map boss with proper planning (and maybe some spell block).

As for strategy/step, just get Mightflay and Crest of Perandus at start, they're very strong leveling items.
I'm playing, from what I've seen a very close build, I'm not following any guide. Full evasion with acrobatics and spell block, act 2 mercy now and no deaths. Cruel dominus took an entire party out at 5 times while I survived. Very fun and safe build which doesn't happen much.
"
wenlock wrote:
I'm playing, from what I've seen a very close build, I'm not following any guide. Full evasion with acrobatics and spell block, act 2 mercy now and no deaths. Cruel dominus took an entire party out at 5 times while I survived. Very fun and safe build which doesn't happen much.

Nice man, very strong build :)
Oos,

Can you take a minute to take a look at something for me? Currently I am playing a level 69 Duelist, its the highest character I have, I have been playing the game only for about 2 weeks give or take.

I am about to link my build and I want to hear your honest opinion. I like Tanky builds and thats why i went with my current set up, but my DPS is so low, at 69 I barely have a 1k DPS sheet, and my Double Strike doesn't even do 3500 yet, and it's 5 linked with Multi, Melee, Splash, and Blood magic.

I currently run grace/armor.

The question is really this... I feel like the build you have here can be JUST as tanky as the one I am currently running, but do a TON more damage. The only thing I am worried about or wondering about, is everyone says that Unwavering Stance OR stun recovery is a MUST for a melee with a shield... How does your build prevent that issue?

Also... Does your build have a lack of HP? or am I just not seeing it correctly?

I want to start your build for myself for the tanky/damage, but please - if this is going to be a waste of my time based on what I explained about my other character, let me know.

Thanks so Much.... Here is what i am currently playing and I LOVE the play style, just hate the lack of DPS, it's not horrible, but I feel at 69 I should have a higher sheet than 1100. Or is is just my gear? Should I play it out a little longer?

My Build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBmSu9gavFR35lTYTZypBuab6n0k3AD1jbU9-bg6yvhO8aVXTteu9gSwUtxFgn1UCgnrlkozboAeenMBRxQar46_cycql82ayqJ-3z3Rku1I-53fIv7w7nUlRJXz_2SIzPUFBYY8bYPfx8uCkuJd8b-qQZ1e1qk7ZBTioppVuv3Q38xXjr3ILnCu960354rkjuG6094rfT18sa20xgBLGVZvGKJ09hIbcXOJYUIFBH55E=

Mostly self designed, but there are a lot out there that are close to it, from what I can tell, I didn't know it when I made it.
"
Insomniak2 wrote:
Oos,

Can you take a minute to take a look at something for me? Currently I am playing a level 69 Duelist, its the highest character I have, I have been playing the game only for about 2 weeks give or take.

I am about to link my build and I want to hear your honest opinion. I like Tanky builds and thats why i went with my current set up, but my DPS is so low, at 69 I barely have a 1k DPS sheet, and my Double Strike doesn't even do 3500 yet, and it's 5 linked with Multi, Melee, Splash, and Blood magic.

I currently run grace/armor.

The question is really this... I feel like the build you have here can be JUST as tanky as the one I am currently running, but do a TON more damage. The only thing I am worried about or wondering about, is everyone says that Unwavering Stance OR stun recovery is a MUST for a melee with a shield... How does your build prevent that issue?

Also... Does your build have a lack of HP? or am I just not seeing it correctly?

I want to start your build for myself for the tanky/damage, but please - if this is going to be a waste of my time based on what I explained about my other character, let me know.

Thanks so Much.... Here is what i am currently playing and I LOVE the play style, just hate the lack of DPS, it's not horrible, but I feel at 69 I should have a higher sheet than 1100. Or is is just my gear? Should I play it out a little longer?

My Build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBmSu9gavFR35lTYTZypBuab6n0k3AD1jbU9-bg6yvhO8aVXTteu9gSwUtxFgn1UCgnrlkozboAeenMBRxQar46_cycql82ayqJ-3z3Rku1I-53fIv7w7nUlRJXz_2SIzPUFBYY8bYPfx8uCkuJd8b-qQZ1e1qk7ZBTioppVuv3Q38xXjr3ILnCu960354rkjuG6094rfT18sa20xgBLGVZvGKJ09hIbcXOJYUIFBH55E=

Mostly self designed, but there are a lot out there that are close to it, from what I can tell, I didn't know it when I made it.

Hey there. Your build seems mostly fine, although lacking slightly in HP.
I would respec the Marauder start and spend those points elsewhere, maybe even respec RT too. Something like this:

The damage nodes you got on the tree are fine (apart from the 3% attack speed nodes), you probably just need slightly better gear. Would you mind linking what you have? Sometimes it;s hard to scale 1 handed damage without crit, but you should be fine. Mostly focus on getting a very strong physical 1 hander, and physical rolls on jewelry. Bringer of Rain is amazing too but it may be out of your budget.

Do you run Hatred? It's a nice dps boost.
Could get some reduced mana aura nodes if you want to run both Grace and Hatred:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info