[1.2.x] Oos' Crit Dagger Capped Block Ranger (Reave / Flicker / Double Strike) Acrobatics or IR

EDIT: UPDATED FOR 1.2 NEW PATCH
The build got some changed, the tree is very different, the build is still very viable.
I've updated the topic with 1.2 trees. This guide is a bit old now, but all the information is still valid, maybe some small values have changed but it still plays the same. Search through the comments if you have a question, it has probably been answered already.
I don't play this build anymore, just the occasional PvP match.

Hey dude nice build, but how do you only have 70ish STR and use the high level red gems.....it makes no sense. You have no STR on your gear.....So where do you get it from?

Thanks!
"
EDTAkiller wrote:

EDIT: UPDATED FOR 1.2 NEW PATCH
The build got some changed, the tree is very different, the build is still very viable.
I've updated the topic with 1.2 trees. This guide is a bit old now, but all the information is still valid, maybe some small values have changed but it still plays the same. Search through the comments if you have a question, it has probably been answered already.
I don't play this build anymore, just the occasional PvP match.

Hey dude nice build, but how do you only have 70ish STR and use the high level red gems.....it makes no sense. You have no STR on your gear.....So where do you get it from?

Thanks!

he did not update his gear prob since 1.1 but updated the tree.

The build is very str/int starved and you really need around 70 str on gear to make it work. No shame in taking a 30 node or 2 until the gear is set.
items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
Hi,
I'm really impressed by this build from the looks of it and wanted to respec my lvl 85 ranger to it. I would love some help gearing, I have a budget of around 100-150 exalted (so no crazy mirrored dagger, but I was thinking maybe Bino's would be a good purchase?). Also, is a BOR recommended or should I shoot for a good 6-L eva armour and rare helmet (or abyssus?).

Any input or suggestions esp when gearing would be great, or even with an example gearing. Strampi5 was the only set of gear updated for this patch that I saw in the thread, but I didn't look back more than like 7-8 pages. It seems like with this build I will need a good number of stats on gear (or some +30 stat nodes) as well as 100% of resists needs to be on gear as you don't get any auras or resists in the tree.

Thanks for any suggestions.
IGN: IskyOfTheSea
1) Bino is a really strong dagger.
2) 6L > BoR
3) You will need some +int and +str on your gear. Benchcrafting can help with that alot as well.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
with 100-150 ex Id go for a solid 300+ pDPS crit/demon dagger, a 6L 2-3 res 1500+ eva chest, rats nest, ias/hp/res gloves, dual crit/hp amulet, 2 diamonmd rings with hp/res/accuracy

example of very good gear for the build

don't mind the linked gems
items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
Last edited by missuse on Aug 30, 2014, 5:34:18 PM
Thanks to both of you for the advice. I'd been seeing your names (and candoerfer's other guide) quite a bit in the thread. It's nice to see that sickly sweet gear from Missuse, but it's way out of my budget for the moment. I'm well aware of that crazy crit dagger, which I believe is like 200ex or so.

I didn't realize rat's nest/6-L rare eva armour was optimal, but that shouldn't be too bad to get! Thanks for the quick replys that will be very helpful getting started.
IGN: IskyOfTheSea
I personally don't like Rat's Nest too much. You can go near 100% crit with Assassin's Mark and power charges so the crit chance on it is wasted and you loose life and resistances.
If you can get your hand on a 300pDPS dagger it is certainly a nice DPS boost however good non-mirror daggers are very scarce. Since you mentioned my buid, I have ~65kDPS selfbuffed (~84kDPS with power charges) with an average bino, so the dagger is suffiecient for all endgame content.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
About the Dagger: Bino has another big advantage: You get insane Life regen after killing mobs (of course in combination with adder's touch.) And i don't think that you need more damage than this weapon provides. With Hatred and Herald of Ash i have 71k DPS. If i change the melee splash to a Added fire Damage i'm a bit over 100k. For killing enemies you don't really need more damage.

The reflect mobs are very scary. With 71k DPS you can hit a mob with melee splash and survive it. If you boost your damage it get's really scary.

BTW: My gear is worth about 75-80ex. But i bought a perfect maligaro's for 10ex. If you're lucky you can get the gear for 65ex.
Last edited by Strampi5 on Aug 31, 2014, 7:27:39 PM
"
Strampi5 wrote:
About the Dagger: Bino has another big advantage: You get insane Life regen after killing mobs (of course in combination with adder's touch.) And i don't think that you need more damage than this weapon provides. With Hatred and Herald of Ash i have 71k DPS. If i change the melee splash to a Added fire Damage i'm a bit over 100k. For killing enemies you don't really need more damage.

The reflect mobs are very scary. With 71k DPS you can hit a mob with melee splash and survive it. If you boost your damage it get's really scary.

BTW: My gear is worth about 75-80ex. But i bought a perfect maligaro's for 10ex. If you're lucky you can get the gear for 65ex.

Hey man would you link your gear? i am pretty interested since that is pretty much my budget, and i want to go with a build like this. I made the mistake of buying a dagger with no crit (6.8%) but it was pretty cheap 330 dps, but i would like to see your other gear.
Last edited by coldhandslol on Sep 1, 2014, 3:09:59 AM
Just go to page 76. It's the Bringer of Rain Setup.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info