[1.2.x] Oos' Crit Dagger Capped Block Ranger (Reave / Flicker / Double Strike) Acrobatics or IR

"
n00boxular wrote:
Just one teeny question, the progression section is up to date right? It's just that I spent hours getting a crit shadow from 0-60 only to find the progression section was old and I wasted my time..

Yeah it's up to date. Although I'd drop Fencing and grab Aspect of the Panther instead.
The progression trees are for IR but you can later chose to swap to the Acrobatics version if you prefer.
IGN: @Oos
i dont know if you already mentionned it, but about quality on gem, what gem should we start using GCP on first?

also, i just reached lvl 59 and i am about to buy my gear, but i want to think of the gem i will use before spending currency, so i buy the good base stats,
is this a good idea?:
i would also like to have comment on my gem setup? any advise? or change you can suggests? and where i have put X and * can you give me advise? on what i should use there?
-curse?
-4th link with imm call?

Spoiler
4s (strg/eva)helm (RRRX)
codt/ end cry/ molten shell /curse*

4s (strg/eva)boot (RRRX)
codt(high lvl)/ imm call/ inc duration/ vaal vold snap*

4s (es/eva)glove (RBBB)
red mana/ tempest shield/ power charge / inc crit chance

3s dagger (RGX)
red mana/ hatred/ portal*

3s (eva)shield (GGB)
whirling blade/ faster atk /power charge

5s (eva)armor (RRGGB)
reave/ multistrike /melee phys d/ faster atk crit dmg
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
Last edited by xenochaos1 on Apr 4, 2014, 6:25:58 PM
Currently level 57 and struggling
2500 life
3000 Dps with Hatred
Usual Shield is perandus

Sorry for asking a lot of questions, but do you know how much dps i would get with an average bino's?
Steam- squurellkiller
IGN- Sir_Loots (Standard)
i see in your reave PVE screenshot that you have 12% lifeleech.... but from looking at your gear you only have 4% from amulet and 3% from shield... so where is the other 5% coming from?
and what is your thaught on thsi hlm?
Spoiler
Rarity: Unique
Starkonja's Head
Silken Hood
--------
Evasion Rating: 301
--------
Requirements:
Level: 60 (unmet)
Dex: 138
--------
Sockets: G-B G
--------
Itemlevel: 67
--------
50% reduced Damage when on Low Life
+40 to Dexterity
10% increased Attack Speed
25% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
+99 to maximum Life
50% increased Global Evasion Rating when on Low Life
--------
There was no hero made out of Starkonja's death,
but merely a long sleep made eternal.
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
Last edited by xenochaos1 on Apr 5, 2014, 6:07:43 PM
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
i dont know if you already mentionned it, but about quality on gem, what gem should we start using GCP on first?

also, i just reached lvl 59 and i am about to buy my gear, but i want to think of the gem i will use before spending currency, so i buy the good base stats,
is this a good idea?:
i would also like to have comment on my gem setup? any advise? or change you can suggests? and where i have put X and * can you give me advise? on what i should use there?
-curse?
-4th link with imm call?

Spoiler
4s (strg/eva)helm (RRRX)
codt/ end cry/ molten shell /curse*

4s (strg/eva)boot (RRRX)
codt(high lvl)/ imm call/ inc duration/ vaal vold snap*

4s (es/eva)glove (RBBB)
red mana/ tempest shield/ power charge / inc crit chance

3s dagger (RGX)
red mana/ hatred/ portal*

3s (eva)shield (GGB)
whirling blade/ faster atk /power charge

5s (eva)armor (RRGGB)
reave/ multistrike /melee phys d/ faster atk crit dmg

Gem set up looks fine. Not sure if I'd run a full 4L for Tempest Shield, maybe just put it in with Hatred and use PCoC. That will save you a 4L to use with something else. For your other 4L you could use Flicker or a magic find culling skill.

As for gem GCPs, depends on your budget but Faster Attacks and Crit Damage gems benefit the most from quality. Reave is also nice with the attack speed boost. The rest you can just wait until they're level 20 and do the gem/gcp recipe.

"
r3ddit wrote:
Currently level 57 and struggling
2500 life
3000 Dps with Hatred
Usual Shield is perandus

Ok your life and dps are fairly low.
I'd get someone to rush you through quests so you can farm City of Sarn for a while, then buy all your starting maps gear.
Your dagger is fine for now, so is the helmet. You should set up your CWdT 4L in your helmet because you wont need to replace that for a while.

Buy a 5L and get Melee Phys and Crit Damage, and drop Blood Magic gem. You should be able to cast off mana now. Get Reduced Mana on your Hatred and later add in Tempest Shield. You may need to get an additional 2% mana leech on gear (I;m guessing you already have Mind Drinker node).

Boots are fine.
The rest of your gear is weak, you have no dps stats. Maximise hp/res, and phys damage/crit where possible.
I would upgrade your gear in this order:
5L Chest (any white, alch/scour to hp/dual res roll)
Rings (phys damage, hp, res, (maybe accuracy))
Gloves (phys damage, (maybe accuracy), hp, res)
Belt (high hp, dual res)
Amulet (hp, CRIT, phys damage, leech)
The rest.

Can be hard to get the dps boosts with high hp and capped res, but as long as you can farm maps then you'll be able to progress when you get some better drops. Let me know how it goes for you.

"
Sorry for asking a lot of questions, but do you know how much dps i would get with an average bino's?

Hard to say without seeing your gear/level already. I did a lot of testing with Bino's, it has slightly less sheet dps than my current rare dagger, but the extra crit and powerful poison makes up for it. and of course the healing is over powered :)

On Reave; with bad gear that dagger will give you like 20k dps at level 70 (roughly). But you can get 70k+ with great gear and level 90+.

"
xenochaos1 wrote:
i see in your reave PVE screenshot that you have 12% lifeleech.... but from looking at your gear you only have 4% from amulet and 3% from shield... so where is the other 5% coming from?
and what is your thaught on thsi hlm?
Spoiler
Rarity: Unique
Starkonja's Head
Silken Hood
--------
Evasion Rating: 301
--------
Requirements:
Level: 60 (unmet)
Dex: 138
--------
Sockets: G-B G
--------
Itemlevel: 67
--------
50% reduced Damage when on Low Life
+40 to Dexterity
10% increased Attack Speed
25% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
+99 to maximum Life
50% increased Global Evasion Rating when on Low Life
--------
There was no hero made out of Starkonja's death,
but merely a long sleep made eternal.

I answered before but I was using Blood Rage then (+Ming's Heart), I used to farm with that setup on lower maps. But 7% leech is fine, even 3-4% is fine if you have good damage.

Starkonja's Head is good but Rat's Nest is better for that gear slot. Starkonja's has hp but is more of a ranged crit build helmet due to the Low Life bonuses (stops you dying to reflect).
"
Oosband wrote:

Buy a 5L and get Melee Phys and Crit Damage, and drop Blood Magic gem. You should be able to cast off mana now. Get Reduced Mana on your Hatred and later add in Tempest Shield. You may need to get an additional 2% mana leech on gear (I;m guessing you already have Mind Drinker node).

Thanks for the advice but i cant afford to buy a 5link right now Esp since i used three fusings on the helm and didnt get a three link, I think i will take a break from this build and come back if i ever have the money to make it work.

That being said... My crit chance feels very low (25%~) so surely crit damage is a wasted gem?

Someone lent me their copy of AXN's dagger, here's Reave DPS (no charges)

Could probably reach 180k-200k with charges + Ming's Heart.
Wow oos, dat damage man!

Anyway, I've finally reached a decent level with some decent gear.

May I know what your opinion is on my gear, and what I should probably upgrade next?

Gear

For passive stats, will definitely get the following soon: 4 +2% block nodes, Adder's Touch nodes, and dagger nodes near Nighstalker.

I'm a noob when it comes to buying proper gear, so I bought the uniques which were recommended here on the thread (as long as I could keep my resistances maxed).

I'm looking at buying a Bino's next (it's going to be a while). Still, looking at my Reave paper damage it's only like 3k+, I'm worried I'm doing something wrong.
IGN: Gennard
League: League SC
Timezone: GMT +8
"
Gammarax wrote:
Wow oos, dat damage man!

Anyway, I've finally reached a decent level with some decent gear.

May I know what your opinion is on my gear, and what I should probably upgrade next?

Gear

For passive stats, will definitely get the following soon: 4 +2% block nodes, Adder's Touch nodes, and dagger nodes near Nighstalker.

I'm a noob when it comes to buying proper gear, so I bought the uniques which were recommended here on the thread (as long as I could keep my resistances maxed).

I'm looking at buying a Bino's next (it's going to be a while). Still, looking at my Reave paper damage it's only like 3k+, I'm worried I'm doing something wrong.

AH some of your gear is really nice. You need a new dagger though, I'm surprised you've made it to 78 with Mightflay. Buy a high phys dps dagger, with crit chance if you can afford it. Your dagger is really holding you back at this point.
Also recolour your gems in the 5L:
Reave / Multistrike / Melee Phys / Faster Attacks / Crit Damage.
Level up a Added Fire for later.

You seem to love Added Cold gem, but it isn't great for this build, much better gems to be using.

It looks like you rely on your jewelry for resists. Your rings have decent phys damage but no HP, maybe look for similar stats+hp. Your amulet slot has huge potential for dps, it can roll crit mods and high phys damage, so well worth utilising that equipment slot for dps.

You also don't run Hatred. I noticed you're using Grace+Clarity, you should drop Clarity for hatred and grab the 5% reduced mana node in Shadow. With a new dagger you should have enough physical damage to leech back from mana (maybe need another 1-2% mana leech).

Overall your gear is pretty nice, you just need a new dagger, recoloured chest, dps necklace and hp on rings.
You may need to drop one of your uniques to make up for the resistance loss.

Just the aura change and gem swapping should help you a lot, but your dagger is what is really holding you back at that level. Let me know how it goes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info