[1.2.x] Oos' Crit Dagger Capped Block Ranger (Reave / Flicker / Double Strike) Acrobatics or IR

Awesome build!! I'll try the Iron Reflexes variation with a 6L carcass jack and a Aegis aurora shield, rainbowstride...

I think will be funny.

Thanks.
Hey Oos. Wanted you to take a look at my gear and see if I should invest in Maligaro's or something else.

Spoiler

I'm at 41%(Base) Crit Chance[49.6% with Increased Crit Chance Gem], Max Resist, 50% Block. Would the 50% Increased Crit Chance from Maligaro's be enough for me to drop my Increased Critical Strikes gem? I want to be as close to 50% Crit Chance.

Not sure how to calculate the crit chance myself.
Warband: IGN: Benko
Last edited by Yuufe on Apr 2, 2014, 8:17:35 PM
50% (Maligaro's) < 105% (crit chance gem)

With Maligaros you will end up with around 44-45% critchance....so little less. On the other side you will get additional 5% attack speed plus some more crit damage....and most important one free gemslot which could be filled with increaed crit damage or additional fire damage. So dps-wise Maligaro's will be quite good boost.

For me the biggest downside of Maligaro's is that you loose life and resistances. Especially as I find it hard to get a good amount of life from tree in this build and you are pretty much forced to get life on yr gear.
"
OleOlof wrote:
50% (Maligaro's) < 105% (crit chance gem)

With Maligaros you will end up with around 44-45% critchance....so little less. On the other side you will get additional 5% attack speed plus some more crit damage....and most important one free gemslot which could be filled with increaed crit damage or additional fire damage. So dps-wise Maligaro's will be quite good boost.

For me the biggest downside of Maligaro's is that you loose life and resistances. Especially as I find it hard to get a good amount of life from tree in this build and you are pretty much forced to get life on yr gear.

Ah, thanks for the response. Yea, the only thing I was worried about was loosing resist/life, but i think I might be able to make that up in other gear. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Warband: IGN: Benko
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
is it easier to craft a dagger or to buy one? (when you poor? around 30 chaos?)
and how did you get 7 aps?
i am at 2.3 aps...
and i already took all the attack speed node..

Never craft a dagger from scratch. Wands, daggers and staffs can roll spell damage and attack mods, so they're very hard to make a good one.
The only crafting you want to do it exalting a last mod on a dagger, or alching white daggers and rerolling them 5to1 at a vandor.
You should buy a decent non-crit dagger for now and farm up to buy a gg crit dagger later.

Please post all your gear in here and I'll be able to help you. You shouldn't have 2.3aps with multistrike/faster attacks.
I got a lot of attack speed from 20/20 faster attacks and a decent speed dagger. I'm guessing you have a 1.2aps dagger?

"
Fizzed wrote:
Would you still say Bringer of Rain is worth it for this build? After the nerf.

The new BoR isn't that great, I'd rather use a 5L chest until you can afford a 6L. Some people have used the new BoR with this build, not sure of their current market value, but maybe it's a good option (it's better than a 5L chest I guess).

"
MildorDArkehn wrote:
Awesome build!! I'll try the Iron Reflexes variation with a 6L carcass jack and a Aegis aurora shield, rainbowstride...

I think will be funny.

Thanks.

Yeah sounds good, you should pick up the ev/es cluster in Shadow. Let me know how it goes, I haven't tested this.

"
Yuufe wrote:
Hey Oos. Wanted you to take a look at my gear and see if I should invest in Maligaro's or something else.

Spoiler

I'm at 41%(Base) Crit Chance[49.6% with Increased Crit Chance Gem], Max Resist, 50% Block. Would the 50% Increased Crit Chance from Maligaro's be enough for me to drop my Increased Critical Strikes gem? I want to be as close to 50% Crit Chance.

Not sure how to calculate the crit chance myself.

The new Maligaros aren't amazing, it may be better for you to use Rat's Nest helmet now, and get some good phys damage/hp gloves (attack speed/accuracy on gloves is a bonus). Only problem for you it you have a very nice helm and will need to swap around a lot of gear.

You mentioned in your other post that you worry about life/res, I only like to use one piece of gear without life. So I'd suggest planning out what gear you want to look for then slowly buy the right pieces and swap to it all once you've got them.
For your build I'd do:
Get new rings with phys damage, hp, res.
New amulet with phys damage, crit, leech, hp.
New boots with hp/res. (you don't really need move speed with this build due to whirling blades, but move speed is still nice ofc)

Then depending on your gear/res, you can swap your helmet for Rat's Nest and buy some gloves with phys damage, hp, res. Then you'll be sorted and can drop crit chance gem in your 5L for crit damage, will be a big dps boost.
After that you can save up for a crazy dagger and 6L and be completely sorted.

Crit is scaled from the base of your dagger, so to work out your crit chance:
Your dagger is 7.88% crit.
I think the final build has 410% crit chance (with no crit on gear/gem):
(4.10 x 7.88) = 32.308
+ 5 (base crit chance is 5%) = 37.308% crit chance.

Lets do the same calculation but with Rat's Nest (75% + 410% = 485%) and a 9% crit base dagger:
(4.85 x 9) + 5 = 48.65% crit chance.

As you can see; a good base crit dagger makes a big difference but you shouldn't worry about that yet.
Linking Power Charge on Crit with Tempest Shield will give you a decent passive way of generating charges when you have high block.
Using Crit Chance/PCoC gems in your 5/6L is nice, but Crit Damage will be more dps overall when you have a nice crit base. The only time you would drop Crit Damage is if you want less spiky damage vs reflect (already have a lot of crit multi on gear), or if you want to freeze more.
IGN: @Oos
Oh well after farming for long time and getting my currency ended up with this gear, and i do 25k dps.

This is just awesome, I love my char and this build. #thisisepic.

Gear

would lightning stirke be a good idea for the shock?

or with ST?
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
Last edited by xenochaos1 on Apr 4, 2014, 9:16:44 AM
Spoiler

Awesome build. I'm using slightly modified version of this build (mostly same), but my reave dps is ~20k :(
Any advice on gears?
Last edited by LittleMonk on Apr 4, 2014, 3:08:05 AM
"
Oh well after farming for long time and getting my currency ended up with this gear, and i do 25k dps.

This is just awesome, I love my char and this build. #thisisepic.

Gear

Nice gear man, glad you enjoy! Next stop: 6L and gg crit neck :D

"
xenochaos1 wrote:
would lightning stirke be a good idea for the shock?

or with ST?

Lightning Strike is good but you need double the leech because half is converted to elemental.
ST is good but I'd do a different build, getting Ballistic Mastery and some aura nodes with Lightning Coil chest. I've gotten a crit dagger ST build to 92, I posted my gear/tree/spec earlier in the topic.

"
LittleMonk wrote:
Spoiler

Awesome build. I'm using slightly modified version of this build (mostly same), but my reave dps is ~20k :(
Any advice on gears?

Your gear is decent, and 20k dps isn't that bad. If you want to improve your damage output then invest in a 6L (you can add Crit Damage, will be crazy with Conc Effect+Carcass). And also get a crit amulet.
Your dagger has nice crit but low physical and slow base. A 1.5 base with crit and higher phys damage will improve your dps substantially, although they're hard to find,

Cheapest upgrade would be your amulet, then 6L Carcass, then Dagger. The rest of your gear is fine.
IGN: @Oos
Just one teeny question, the progression section is up to date right? It's just that I spent hours getting a crit shadow from 0-60 only to find the progression section was old and I wasted my time..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info