Just bought my Grim Dawn Beta access.....

"
anubite wrote:
D3 was just a marketing promo game to get year subs for WOW. POE is actually built upon D3's original source code.

10/10 would read again. Most hilarious claim in this thread yet.
I just looked the game over and saw the $85 preorder gets you the game and the FIRST expansion.If they are going to keep charging for every expansion I'll stay away.
"
Elynole wrote:
I ended up buying my pack, I think it was the 85 dollar one? a week or so ago. But didn't really read much about it or anything. I'm not even sure if it's in Alpha Testing yet? I dunno, I planned on looking at it again when I got home tonight and doing some more research on it.

I bought the same KS package. Enjoyed TQ and enjoyed it more with IT expansion. Granted the whole greek gods/equipment wasn't my thing the character developement was. I really don't know how I'll manage my play time between PoE, GD, and D3 when/if an expansion hits. :)
member of The Old Timers Guild
Also playing : D3 valhalla#1240 , Grim Dawn , TQ+IT
"
I just looked the game over and saw the $85 preorder gets you the game and the FIRST expansion.If they are going to keep charging for every expansion I'll stay away.
Because yes, how dare companies charge for the work they do.

The $85 isn't the price they're charging for the game + expansion anyway, it's party of a "loyalty" package, same as POE "charges" people $1000 for the game and some extra stuff (how terrible of GGG!). If you just want to buy the game and the expansion, you'll be able to do so for much less than $85.
Im going to keep my eye on grim dawn, I really liked titans quest. It had some problems but when titans quest came out thare was a large lul in the market. D2 was still around and kicking but was nice to platy a new game at the time ( it was also really preety game if u could play it at max spec, most could not on launch )

However PoE will be hard compition for it. If PoE dose as well as i think it will then we could c alot of clones being rushed out after, not to mention the companys that are rusing to try to steal the WOW / D3 market away from blizzard. So with grim dawn coming may be nice since it is not a clone but just another crack at the champ D2 that is ... mabey soon PoE !!
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
"
"
anubite wrote:
I hope they examine POE some and take some ideas from it, or advance the ideas GGG has placed here.
I kinda hope they don't. Not that GGG has had bad ideas, but most of the new stuff they've done isn't really advancements in the genre formula, it's the stuff that makes Path of Exile the game it is. And if I want to play that game, I can play it.

Man are you crazy? Two bushes in the hand instead of one bird sounds to me like an awesome deal.
If crate can take some ques from ggg regarding replayability, item customization, and skill flexibility and progression; how many of you would complain about having 2 highly absorbing Arpgs to lavish your attention on.
Traveling in a fried-out combie, On a hippie trail head full of zombie.
I met a strange lady, she made me nervous, She took me in and gave me breakfast,
And she said, "Do you come from a land down under?, Where women glow and men plunder?"
I liked TQ in the beginning, Where Iron Lore was actually listening to their userbase on the forums and such. That went downhill quickly though, And the game got less interesting as well.

I've looked at Grim Dawn once or twice, but the gameplay videos and feature list on their site isn't impressing me much. It's a different approach to ARPG than PoE, obviously - They are talking about easy respecs (spending money on respec skills etc) and 'more consistent rewards' for loot, which means easier to get higher end gear, i guess.

I might be too harsh, but right now - I don't get the same feeling of "damn, that's nice, interesting!" i got when i saw Path of Exile for the first time.

Maybe because they are in a much earlier stage than where PoE was when i got introduced.
Playing a dual-wielding swordsman of some kind.
In game name is Kaosu and/or ChaosBlade.
Honestly. I was interested in Grim Dawn quite a while before I started looking at Path of Exile. But really, I'm not entirely sure they're in competition. They both look solid ARPGs, with different ideas. And honestly, if Grim Dawn had anything playable right now, I'd be struggling to split my time.

Two ARPGs doesn't spoil the broth.

Aside from that. I'm liking the art-style of Grim Dawn, and some of it's ideas. Instead of completely randomised maps, they're altered through pathways being closed and open. Destructible environments, etc.

And if I want that, or the slightly Victori-esque look and feel, I'll play Grim Dawn. If I want real open classes, and heavy build-emphasis, Path of Exile will always be my first and foremost.

And really? I honestly hope Crate Entertainment comes out with just a solid a game as GGG.
"Unless I'm Wrong"
----------------------------------------
Lahni ~ Sihane ~ Enywe
What's Grim Dawn?
"
"
anubite wrote:
I hope they examine POE some and take some ideas from it, or advance the ideas GGG has placed here.
I kinda hope they don't. Not that GGG has had bad ideas, but most of the new stuff they've done isn't really advancements in the genre formula, it's the stuff that makes Path of Exile the game it is. And if I want to play that game, I can play it.

I have no idea what you're talking about. I couldn't play TL2 because of the potions alone. POE's flask system is great. GD is going to need.... something like that. I'm not saying it should copy POE, just that it should take a hint that the potion mechanics of D2 weren't great and copying them wouldn't be a great idea at this point. Something has to change about them.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info