Just bought my Grim Dawn Beta access.....

Looks like next year i'll be balls deep in arpg excellence....... 3 Acts of Path of Exillence and grim dawn alpha........(hopefully)
How am I gonna find time to work to pay for my addiction....... next time you hear from me i'll be living under a bridge, lurking mcdonalds for the free wifi connection, accosting old women for their pension money so I can buy more bling from the game store.........aaarrrrgggg!
Arpg what have you done to my life?! Once I had a wife and home but now I am doomed to be a true exile......
Traveling in a fried-out combie, On a hippie trail head full of zombie.
I met a strange lady, she made me nervous, She took me in and gave me breakfast,
And she said, "Do you come from a land down under?, Where women glow and men plunder?"
I ended up buying my pack, I think it was the 85 dollar one? a week or so ago. But didn't really read much about it or anything. I'm not even sure if it's in Alpha Testing yet? I dunno, I planned on looking at it again when I got home tonight and doing some more research on it.
I'll be keeping an eye on GD, of course, but for now, this little game probably deserves the bulk of my keyboard attention. ^_^
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
I wasn't much of a fan of Titan Quest (just not my kinda design) but I hope their game does well.

For my ARPG needs, PoE is where it's at.
Been watching this for awhile, but honestly , i dont wanna put to much thought into something thats not even out, and really not all that to close to being out. POE seems to suffice now, and when the day comes that Grim Dawn releases, im sure i will check it out.

I just hope its a vast improvement over TQ. That game was kinda a drag IMO.

Cheers.
GGG - Why you no?
I was a big fan of Titan Quest after playing it for a while it had some decent ideas like the combination of classes and a pretty flexible skill system and brought some nice ideas to the arpg genre in my opinion.

This game however isn't really able to amaze me, I've seen the kickstarter campaign and gathered quite a bit of information about it, was watching gameplay and checking forums but this game just seems to lack the certain aspect that makes the difference between a good and a great game...
IMO - POE is going to eat this game alive. While I have only played this game for about 10-15 hrs or so in actually game play and only at HC lvl 25 with my first guy. I only see minor flaws which will write on forums in a couple weeks and things that would seem like nit picking.

While I haven't played Titan quest I looked at some videos of this game before and I feel that it does not look near completion and it is not to great in code. All guys explode similar and flying in air fake. They are going to have a lot of competition going against this game.

IMO Path of Exile 2 years ago http://web.archive.org/web/20101103040615/http://pathofexile.com/ was further along than this game.

I have low expectations but this game will be hard to beat. With the increase in exposure and timing with D3 Failing the D2 fans it is perfect timing. The looks how this game is being ran with will only progress and IMO will stay one step ahead of that game.

I bought and played Torchlight to around level 20 something on HC and was burnt out because was to cartoonish. Hate the idea of having a game with mods... It just ruins it IMO. However will play arma 3 and the mods that people come up with, that will be awesome.

I think it is a couple years away from being complete minimum and by then it will be outdated and this will be light years away.

"
HumanTension wrote:

I have low expectations but this game will be hard to beat. With the increase in exposure and timing with D3 Failing the D2 fans it is perfect timing. The looks how this game is being ran with will only progress and IMO will stay one step ahead of that game.

If I wore a tin foil hat. I'd go out on a limb and say that Blizzard Entertainment is feeding GGG, with the recent update to PvP disappointment on the D3 Forums - right when PoE is set to launch for Open Beta...

That being said, I'm quite sane. So I'll keep my comments and imaginary tin foil hat to myself :P
D3 was just a marketing promo game to get year subs for WOW. POE is actually built upon D3's original source code.

Also, Grim Dawn interests me, but if it's like TL... I probably won't play it. I hope they examine POE some and take some ideas from it, or advance the ideas GGG has placed here.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Dec 29, 2012, 12:35:00 AM
"
anubite wrote:
I hope they examine POE some and take some ideas from it, or advance the ideas GGG has placed here.
I kinda hope they don't. Not that GGG has had bad ideas, but most of the new stuff they've done isn't really advancements in the genre formula, it's the stuff that makes Path of Exile the game it is. And if I want to play that game, I can play it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info