[1.0.x - NEM/HC] The Dreidel - The Spinning Budget Duelist

Hey man, just wanted to suggest a bit changed skill tree for this build, let me know what do you think about it. I've removed upper nodes and replaced with scion hp and 2h damage nodes, but removed 1 essential endurance charge. It will have a lot more dps and hp in my opinion.

tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAdwB5wUtCZYS4RQgFHEb-iXfJ-0ppTGeMgk1kjboOuFAoEGqRmlHfkp9SshN404qUEdW-lcNWK9br2BLYSFlTWegapNsRm5pbqpybHKpdO14DXrvfNl89YLkhNmE74dqh3aI8Yoiiq-QCpARkGyRzpkrmy2euZ7Nn8ukGaZXpzCpbqmUq8WsWayqtfK2Qb2Bvoq-p768wA_ApsDz0iHSTdXt3Q3nY-sJ8kXz3fcy97746_yJ_MX-Cv6P
"
wertter wrote:
Hey man, just wanted to suggest a bit changed skill tree for this build, let me know what do you think about it. I've removed upper nodes and replaced with scion hp and 2h damage nodes, but removed 1 essential endurance charge. It will have a lot more dps and hp in my opinion.

tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAdwB5wUtCZYS4RQgFHEb-iXfJ-0ppTGeMgk1kjboOuFAoEGqRmlHfkp9SshN404qUEdW-lcNWK9br2BLYSFlTWegapNsRm5pbqpybHKpdO14DXrvfNl89YLkhNmE74dqh3aI8Yoiiq-QCpARkGyRzpkrmy2euZ7Nn8ukGaZXpzCpbqmUq8WsWayqtfK2Qb2Bvoq-p768wA_ApsDz0iHSTdXt3Q3nY-sJ8kXz3fcy97746_yJ_MX-Cv6P

Dunno whose tree is better, but there is one thing you can definitely fix on your tree. Since you're taking Elemental Adapation, you can just grab it + ResTech with 2 travel nodes coming up from the Endurance Charge near the mara tree, instead of spending 4 travel nodes going along the far left side.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAdwB5wUtCZYS4RQgGS4b-iXfJyAn7SmlMZ4yCTWSNug64UCgRmlHfkp9SshN404qUEdW-lcNWK9br2BLYSFlTWegapNsRm5pbqpybHKpdO14DXrvfNl89YLkhNmE74dqh3aI8Yoiiq-QCpARkGyRzpkrmy2euZ7Nn8ukGaZXpzCpbqmUq8WsWayqtfK2Qb2Bvoq-p768wA_ApsDz0iHSTdXt2WHdDedj6wnyRfPd9778ifzF_gr-jw==

Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
Last edited by Sarganis87 on Nov 22, 2013, 11:31:24 AM
"
wertter wrote:

tree

There's a few points you can save on

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAdwB5wUtCZYS4RQgGS4b-iXfJ-0ppTGeMgk1kjboOuFAoEZpR35KfUrITeNOKlBHVvpXDVivW69gS2EhZU1noGqTbEZuaW6qcmxyqXTteA1673zZfPWC5ITZhO-Haod2iPGKIoqvkAqQEZBskc6ZK5stnrmezZ_LpBmmV6cwqW6plKvFrFmsqrXytkG9gb6Kvqe-vMAPwKbA89Ih0k3V7dlh3Q3nY-sJ8kXz3fe-_In8xf4K_o8=

To be honest, I'd rather go as much survivability as I can, since nemesis mods are pretty nasty, you can literally die from anything.
"

Hahahah that's the first time I've heard that in dutch.

ALSO- BUILD UPDATED TODAY FULL TREE IS UP
Do you mind linking your gear? I'm following a similar spec but I'm not bumping anything near 6K HP at level 77.
Looking for a check up, i dont know much about the game really, just trying to take in all the tips i can get, here is my current gear
Spoiler

just alched the chest, so im 20-30% over in all res's atm :S
also know i need a ar helm but cant afford it atm

and my build is following op's other than i finished that big hp wheel of 8%'s for the time being, main thing i want to know, is getting a carnage heart good for this build since its not vaal pact? never really messed with leech and always assumed it was shit, all input welcome
Last edited by qyg on Nov 24, 2013, 8:42:05 AM
Hey, I see you took close to none damage nodes, whats your DPS with this build?
UPDATE: I decided to finally do the rolled museum map sitting in my stash for a week.. pulled the first two bosses guess what drops...

UNIQUE NIGHTMARE BASCINET

After 2 weeks of trying to chance, 1 week of trying to get monsters to drop it, I finally got it!!

"
Phylaris wrote:
Do you mind linking your gear? I'm following a similar spec but I'm not bumping anything near 6K HP at level 77.

Sure thing. I'll link the setup without the Bringer (6.1k without, 6.3k with)

{SEC WONT LET ME POST WITH GEAR)

I can easily hit 6.5k hp I believe. with the bringer of rain.

"
benjiwoosh wrote:
Hey, I see you took close to none damage nodes, whats your DPS with this build?

DPS was 1.5k without bringer in a 5 link, 2k with it. I'm not sure what my late game weapon is going to be so I just went with 2h nodes for now, till I figure out if I'm going to be using a sword or an axe.

"
Looking for a check up, i dont know much about the game really, just trying to take in all the tips i can get, here is my current gear
Spoiler

just alched the chest, so im 20-30% over in all res's atm :S
also know i need a ar helm but cant afford it atm

and my build is following op's other than i finished that big hp wheel of 8%'s for the time being, main thing i want to know, is getting a carnage heart good for this build since its not vaal pact? never really messed with leech and always assumed it was shit, all input welcome

Gear is looking alright! The thing with carnage heart is that you're losing a lot of life. It reduces your max life, and doesnt offer any + max life by itself. It's not really necessary IMO as life on hit, the 2% physical leech lode and other pieces of gear giving you leech is enough.

TLDR: I don't think it's worth it
Very nice put together, However your full tree shows 87 skillpoints and not 100+

Thx =)
Ive started a duellist (after RIPping my 67 marauder due to 8% fire res and far shot dogs :P) and so far following your build but...
Im level 34 ATM, using Geoffrey's and... my DPS with cyclone blows :P My double strike (lvl 9) deals 780 DPS, linked it with splash, which gives me more or less 50% of that as AoE damage. While cyclone (lvl 4) gives me... 200DPS. And way higher mana consumption.
So... whats the actual point of using cyclone? :P Exept the fact that it looks cool :P
Last edited by benjiwoosh on Nov 25, 2013, 5:02:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info