[1.0.x - NEM/HC] The Dreidel - The Spinning Budget Duelist

Heya.
Doing something similar but starting scion.

I was wondring why you pick anger as aura.
I never played cyclone so maybe i'm missing something but wouldn't wrath be better when you hit quickly ?
"
Hostagefour wrote:
Hi just wondering do you level up your con.effect or just leave at level 1? Currently 76 on nem really enjoying the build :)

Hey! Of course I level it. Such a big dps upgrade!

"
DeadManWalkin wrote:
currently starting a character with this build - although on domination, not on nemesis. :)

question is, what gear should I be focusing? more towards armor, or more towards evasion rating? or a mixture of both?

for stats, I believe that the usual life+res is to be used, or is there anything else I should keep in mind?

What gear? As for evasion/armor it doesnt matter, because you have iron reflexes. What matteres is the stats on it. +Life and +Res is very necessary. If the chest has high/armor evasion, that's amazing then too!

"
Hostagefour wrote:

For me i made a rush towards iron reflexes then steel skin onwards sentinel then path of the warrior that should make you tankish mid game.

Yep! Iron reflexes earlier on in the game will make you really tanky!

"
DeadManWalkin wrote:
Yeah I thought so, but actually that wasn't the question. I wanted to know which GEAR to focus on. Armor, evasion or a mixture... Or maybe even energy shield?!

The chest has to be armor OR evasion OR both. If you find a really good helmet that's evasion/energy shield, but has GREAT resistances and stats then use it!
"
DeadManWalkin wrote:
Yeah I thought so, but actually that wasn't the question. I wanted to know which GEAR to focus on. Armor, evasion or a mixture... Or maybe even energy shield?!

Opps misread the qns sorry :P .Regarding gear this build is pretty heavy on str and kind of struggling for int and dex (@79 have near 460 str and only 90 int/160dex) so pure armor or arm/eva might be your best bet.
i'm playing this on standard, and it's amazing. Lot of life and defense, plus nice dps, here's the gear i'm using, lvl 77 atm and grinding dominus and piety the whole day pretty easy.

Spoiler

For the skill points, i just followed the tree, and sometimes spent points on resistance nodes first, then respecced em for hp/str/dmg boosts
IGN: BloodyRoA
Would like to see OP's gear. Also, I see that his Dreidel is now on Standard so I guess it didn't work too well in Nemesis.
IGN: Dawn_Keebals
Last edited by papanugget on Dec 26, 2013, 9:04:59 AM
"
Blackorion wrote:
i'm playing this on standard, and it's amazing. Lot of life and defense, plus nice dps, here's the gear i'm using, lvl 77 atm and grinding dominus and piety the whole day pretty easy.

Spoiler

For the skill points, i just followed the tree, and sometimes spent points on resistance nodes first, then respecced em for hp/str/dmg boosts

Glad to hear!

"
papanugget wrote:
Would like to see OP's gear. Also, I see that his Dreidel is now on Standard so I guess it didn't work too well in Nemesis.

The build works just fine, and it's worked for tons of people in the thread, not to mention theres skill trees in the duelist forum that look nearly identical to mine.

The problem with nemesis is that sometimes, death is inevitable. I ran into about 30 ranged elemental monsters standing next to a diamond totem on a minus max resist vulnerability promenade. I didn't even get shotgunned down, it took them a while to kill me.

Also, please look through the thread, I've already posted my gear.
Running this build on domination currently 41 , needed more int to be able to use my armor. Other than that it's pretty good , started cyclone at level 30 managed to survive with blood magic.
I have 1.3k hp and 3.6k armor at 41 while running grace

-edit- Now I'm 54 , easily clearing maps just that my ele resist is still kinda low. currently with 2.2khp and about 5k armor
Spoiler
Last edited by jakelee on Jan 8, 2014, 10:22:39 AM
is it worth going for vaal pack around level 60-70?
Any thoughts on the Dreidel in the new patch? Should it still be decent?
I have been playing this in 1.1.x and have no issues.

At level 53 my tree is:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAdwB5wUtG_okmyXfJy8ppTboPfxAoEZpR35OKlcNWGNYr18_YEthIWVNah5qk25pcql07XgNeu982YCKhNmE74dqjM-QbJHOmSueuZ7NpBmkrKcwqBiplKvFtkG77byfvYG-ir6nwA_G2NIh0k3V7eOf7w7yL_ZI9zL3Tfe-

I have close to 4.5 K damage with double strike (Double strike - Life Leech - MultiStrike - Blood Magic) and close to 2K damage with cyclone (Blood Magic - Cyclone - Life Gain on Hit - Melee Splash). Admittedly, most damage is due to a nice rare 2H axe that I found:

It did take until mid 40's before I could stop watching my health when using cyclone.

My goal build will likely be:

http://www.poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgQAAdwB5wSzBS0JlhLhFCAUTRiRG_okiySbJd8nICcvJ-0ppS3SMZ4yCTWSNug62D0PPfxAoEd-Sn1KyE3jTipQR1cNWGNYr1oaW69fP2BLYSFlTWegah5qk2xGbmluqnJscqlyu3Ttd2J4DXrvfLt82YCKgziE2YTvh2qHdojxjM-QbJHOmSueuZ7NoW2iAKQZpKymV6cwqBipbqmUq8WsqrXytkG5zbvtvJ-9gb6KvqfAD8QVxPbFisbY0iHSTdXt3Q3jn-sJ7w7vfPAf8i_2SPcy9033vvyJ_MX-jw==

Depending on whether I find a better 2H axe or 2H sword, small damage node tweeks will be made near the end.

For mobility I have: Leap Slam - Blood Magic - Faster Attack - Endurance Charge on Melee Stun.

As a defensive setup: Cast When Damage Taken (Lvl 4) - Molten Shell - Enduring Cry - Temporal Chains.

I also have grace - reduced mana - hatred. This combined with a nice armor gives me 75% physical damage reduction, which goes even higher (~90%) when I leap into mobs.

I am also hoping to get bloodrage running, but i need my reduced mana gem to gain another level or 2.

Cheers,

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info