Malpheas wrote:
"
Mallet wrote:
"
Malpheas wrote:
With apologies to the OP,

"Funny, he doesn't look duelist."

Reference? :)

Space Balls, Jewish general comment: Funny she / he doesn't look Druish / Jewish.

RE: The Dreidel is a Hebrew toy, or at least in origin.

That said, I do like the build you're making.

Haha I just haven't watched that movie in forever. Try it out, let me know what you think!!

Also, I'll spend some time tidying up the original post and going over how to deal with each nemesis mod.
Last edited by Mallet on Nov 19, 2013, 2:09:44 AM
OP could you update your post with your gear and add a section on what bandits rewards you took?
also what lvl's is best with your Cast on damage taken gems
"
NastyNati wrote:
OP could you update your post with your gear and add a section on what bandits rewards you took?
also what lvl's is best with your Cast on damage taken gems

My equipment can be found in the first page, lower down.

As for cast on damage taken, I have a level 7 molten shell (which might get swapped out with decoy in the future), level 1 temp chains (I dont know level requirements for curses?) and level 5 enduring cry.

Also added in bandit rewards, thanks!! Keep me updated as to how the builds going for you!
Last edited by Mallet on Nov 19, 2013, 3:56:45 PM
Would like to give a report on my Scion version of this build (ignore if you are not interested)
Spoiler

Got my Scion to lvl 60, and I'm enjoying this build a lot. It's really fun, tho I run it at Domi league, because I prefer to bruteforce some bosses (Dominus, I hate you, and screw you) instead of boring (for me) kiting and TP'ing back to base if I'm in danger.
Skill tree for now:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAdwB5wUtEuEUcRpVG_ol3ymlMZ41kjXWNuhAoEGqRQpGaUd-Sn1KyE3jTipYr1nzW69gS2EhZKNlTWegapNuaW6qcql07XgNeu982YTZhO-Haod2iPGQCpBVnrmfy6QZplenMKluq8WsWayqtfK2Qb6Kvqe-vMAPwBrQR9JN1e3dDeLq52P0xvcy97746_zF_gr-jw==

Maybe I missed some nodes, but the general idea is the same (grabbed 6% allres node just to compensate pretty "meh" gear, will respec out of it later, I think.
My gear:
Spoiler

Really love the amulet, helps to stay alive most of the time (tho I may swap it, because I don't really need all that stats now).
I almost don't use DS (maybe after I manage to get multistrike that will change), prefer just to spin enemies to death. Tho it's nice on bosses, thx to LS from gem and amulet, tho sometimes I have to run around for regen (I should re-roll at least 1 flask for instant recovery, but I'm too lazy).
As for bandits- I helped Oak all 3 times, don't regret that. 5 Endurance Charges really help to stay alive.
All in all- thanks for idea, I really love the build, and I think it will only get better.

As a side note- this build is the only one, in which desync actually does not matter all that much- I'm happy if I'm in the middle of the monster group.
Last edited by mikerelf on Nov 19, 2013, 6:11:11 PM
Glad to hear you're enjoying it!! I'm going to finish speccing the skill tree tonight for super late game (90+) in case anyone is curious as to what it will look like!! Also hoping to tidy OP up and add nemesis mods strategies!
How much tooltip DPS does this build's cyclone achieve?
"
Phylaris wrote:

With the not so good gear I have listed, ~900 dmg each time I hit I believe, which is multiplied by 6 (number of max hits per spin) which is 5400. With a 5 link, and concentrated effect gem @ lvl 1, the damage jumps up to 1200-1300 per hit, and with a 6 link, you can easily reach 1800 damage per hit = 10800 damage per spin, which is ridiculous.

At that point, you may be able to swap out life gain on hit (which gives you ~40/hit) to a life leech, which will give you 126 life per hit, but the issue is that it won't be instant life back.

Like I said in the original post, when you get that 5 link, your damage will be nuts, and then once you get your 6 link, it will be INSANE.

End game, the build switches up, and you should be using:

1.) Bringer of rain
2.) Rare shield with high block/res/life/armor OR lionseye shield
3.) A strong ass 1 handed weapon (which is hard to find at the start)
Last edited by Mallet on Nov 19, 2013, 8:46:06 PM
"
Mallet wrote:
"
Phylaris wrote:

With the not so good gear I have listed, ~900 dmg each time I hit I believe, which is multiplied by 6 (number of max hits per spin) which is 5400. With a 5 link, and concentrated effect gem @ lvl 1, the damage jumps up to 1200-1300 per hit, and with a 6 link, you can easily reach 1800 damage per hit = 10800 damage per spin, which is ridiculous.

At that point, you may be able to swap out life gain on hit (which gives you ~40/hit) to a life leech, which will give you 126 life per hit, but the issue is that it won't be instant life back.

Like I said in the original post, when you get that 5 link, your damage will be nuts, and then once you get your 6 link, it will be INSANE.

1.) Bringer of rain

Is there any reason to run a 1H+Shield setup over a Facebreaker+Shield setup?

Also, what's the source on the 6 hits per spin number? The wiki page lists it as 2 hits per spin.

With regards to your build - how come you take Unwavering Stance, but not Iron Reflexes? =S
Last edited by Phylaris on Nov 19, 2013, 9:17:54 PM
Been following this guide since lvl 10 or so, 45 now and easily doing 48 area's
Just wondering why not level up the cast on dmg taken? You take tons of damage, so it seems like ven with at 700hp it would proc alot
"
Phylaris wrote:
"
Mallet wrote:
"
Phylaris wrote:

1.) Bringer of rain

Is there any reason to run a 1H+Shield setup over a Facebreaker+Shield setup?

Also, what's the source on the 6 hits per spin number? The wiki page lists it as 2 hits per spin.

With regards to your build - how come you take Unwavering Stance, but not Iron Reflexes? =S

1.) I think facebreakers are too specific on gear (i.e. you MUST have phys damage on a lot of your gear) whereas I believe that it's easier (especially for self-found chars) to just pick up random gear.

2.) IR should be highlighted, I keep trying to update the link but it doesn't work for some reason?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info