ZiggyD's Etheral Knives Mana Shield Scion/Shadow Build Guide - Hardcore (Updated for 1.1)

"
CantripN wrote:

And yes, I really felt the loss of those 20%. Not sure I'd need more than that, though.

I suppose my point is that if I just need some Mana Regen then I look for it on gear. I do not go out of my way spending 3 points to get, say, 8% Increased Mana and 40% Increased Regen from the tree. Similarly, if I needed (or wanted) some Projectile Speed -- and a meager 20% at that -- I would look for it not from the tree but from gear. It is indeed nontrivial finding a wand with Spell Damage, Cast Speed, and Projectile Speed (at least we don't necessarily need Crit or Spell Elemental Damage or Mana Regen on wands), but so is finding an Alpha's Howl, a 6-link, or any well-rolled rare for that matter. In general, if all I need is mediocre roll on a suffix on a piece of gear, I would be reluctant spending 3 points on the tree.

Consequently, I do not prioritize Ballistic Mastery over the core nodes (HP, Aura, Keystones, etc.). It takes 80+ levels to grab all the core nodes. After that the choices are between Nimbleness, Path of Savant, IF, and maybe Ballistic Mastery, but of course at high enough levels one can have everything.

(All of the above is predicated on Projectile Speed being necessary. Each player should first decide for himself whether this is indeed the case.)
Its that possible to go with RF / IR / MoM / EB?
Aura: Hatred / Clarity / Purity of Fire / Vitality / AA

seems don't have enough mana to run it at the same time. :(

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGe31thN21mUoC2o2mKxkGh0gwn56EZxb55Bh7QMykq3PpMnwzr-CsauHNzcV1Ytm7XnYzwtf8YelKx_GYqI8Uz_xPZ346KjEZYvnaw_-wmsWa9sJ-2uPsHzcLsW8_baNZLFivPdZ5ttGYIe2RMmPBqP_o-18vAfKS7bCy9vTeNuqgSzogB8uKZXSsgCcT38MZ4_J1hjKk1QUMbYFSCMzyzp9kjdDV8__MVbr2egTioY24d2KaV08Up9IWCFMkCgBS2eucRYYEsn1XrvdO0=
Last edited by AMAZINGZAMIANG on Dec 31, 2013, 5:59:52 PM
Hey guys. I'm a bit frustrated with DPS. I cannot break 5,000.

No upgrades around for
. Literally no wands on Nemesis for sale over 80ish spell damage.

Is it time for crafting? I only need spell damage and cast speed. I'm over kill on mana regen. I don't need projectile speed either, I think Projectile Speed gem is enough. But at +77 spell damage, I think I can get over 100 on wands. Anyone have thoughts on this?

"
Dakilula wrote:

No upgrades around for

Is it time for crafting? I only need spell damage and cast speed. I'm over kill on mana regen. I don't need projectile speed either, I think Projectile Speed gem is enough. But at +77 spell damage, I think I can get over 100 on wands. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Could you post your links and the level of your EK gem ?
The wand is very good, the 50% mana regen on it is valuable.
To learn is to live...
Last edited by Stakhanov on Jan 1, 2014, 9:31:57 AM
Hi.
Plz have a look at my thread:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/732849/page/1/#p6366091

THX and greetings!
My InGameName: Aui
"
Stakhanov wrote:
"
Dakilula wrote:

No upgrades around for

Could you post your links and the level of your EK gem ?
The wand is very good, the 50% mana regen on it is valuable.

Here is my setup:
Spoiler

I can get better boots and gloves, but that just improves my survivability and MF.

Here is my build. Pretty standard.

Spoiler
Build at 78

I could drop Mana Geyser, but then I'd lose 24% of my mana and 40% regen. my unreserved mana would collapse and be under 10% of my health. Might as well then drop MoM.

Health 4,300
Armor 2,600 w/o Grace
DPS 4,200 with Haste,Hatred
Also running AA and Clarity
Unreserved mana 739. could be 1,020 with the addition mana reservation node, but I don't feel I need it now.

I'm facetanking all maps under 69. No 70's have dropped yet.

Any ideas or gear suggestions appreciated!
Last edited by Dakilula on Jan 1, 2014, 10:08:35 PM
I am currently leveling my first nemesis character and I'm gonna try doing this build. Just have one quick question, when do you start using arctic armor?
"
Dakilula wrote:
Here is my setup:
Spoiler

I can get better boots and gloves, but that just improves my survivability and MF.

Here is my build. Pretty standard.

Spoiler
Build at 78

I could drop Mana Geyser, but then I'd lose 24% of my mana and 40% regen. my unreserved mana would collapse and be under 10% of my health. Might as well then drop MoM.

Health 4,300
Armor 2,600 w/o Grace
DPS 4,200 with Haste,Hatred
Also running AA and Clarity
Unreserved mana 739. could be 1,020 with the addition mana reservation node, but I don't feel I need it now.

I'm facetanking all maps under 69. No 70's have dropped yet.

Any ideas or gear suggestions appreciated!

This is weird, I'd say the only difference between your wand and mine is the 96% crit chance, but I don't think it is enough to explain such a difference in terms of dps... I'm on 5k6 buffed with a level 18 E.K and hatred alone (took Iron will out of my 6L to test).
Guess some more levels on the gem will help.
To learn is to live...
I think I'm still quite new to this game and I've got a question about the build: what's your unreserved mana without discipline ?
After doing some maths (probably wrong method somewhere, but I don't think I would get different results after changing it) I ended with that there must be more whole mana coming from discipline than 1,03 of the whole mana without it - after passives, items, ES etc., so I want to know how it works in practice.
Hi all! :)

First, thank you for sharing your build with us, ZiggyD! I'm having a lot of fun with it, and this is my first time to get this far on hardcore in any ARPG. I have a question :)

First, here is my gear:
Spoiler

here is my passive tree:
Spoiler
My Build

I'm putting my next 2 points in the 6% life + 8% mana nodes

and here are my stats:
Level: 78
Life: 4256
Mana: 3342 total, 928 unreserved
Mana Regeneration: 251 per second
Armor: 8507
Resists: 75 fire/cold/lightning, 11 chaos
Auras: Clarity, Grace, Discipline, Arctic Armor
DPS: 1878

I am playing on Nemesis. My question is: am I ready for Merciless Dominus solo? I've watched some videos of him, but they were all using completely different builds, so I couldnt get a good idea of how well I'd be able to handle his damage. Would I be able to survive, for example, his lightning stream attack and the touch of god? (Yes, I avoid them, but what if it desyncs? I'm trying to cover all my bases since I really do not want to die on him after coming this far) If I am not ready for him, am I close, or am I way below what I'd need to beat him? I've heard that he is way overtuned and people die on him even when they're like 10 levels over him, so I want to be sure before I take him on :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info