ZiggyD's Etheral Knives Mana Shield Scion/Shadow Build Guide - Hardcore (Updated for 1.1)

"
Dakilula wrote:

Your gear is better then mine, and I also have 3.5k health, and only 75% resists with -12% chaos. My dps is 4,400. Granted I only have a 5L, 10 nodes from levels less than you and a few levels on EK to go, but I don't see how I can ever scale DPS. Do you believe you've reached the crest of the builds potential?

He has OK gear, but you can get much better stats and gear, both. I think I'm close to that limit, but I'm not quite there yet. I can still get a better shield, a wand (in theory), an amulet with Spell Damage / More Cast Speed, and Rings with Cast Speed. Also, a few gems need to reach 20. And more life on some of those would be nice, of course.

Aura Setup: Hatred/Clarity/Haste/Discipline + AA.

Life: 3990
Life Regen: 80
Mana: 742/3926 (Aura Setup above)
Mana Regen: 426 (Aura Setup above
DPS: 15116 (Aura Setup above)
Armor: 2516/10863 (no Grace) - 7366/19310 (with Grace) (depends on Flasks)
Block: 30% Attacks / 16% Spells
Res: 75/75/75/-52%

Misc: Arctic Armor (-259 Physical/Fire Damage) + MoM, 30 IIQ / 187 IIR (once IIR reaches lvl 20 again, some blessed on the amulet).
Move Speed: +32% / +102% (Flask)

Current Gear:
Spoiler

Flasks:

Current Tree:

Summary:
Spoiler
106 of 120 points used
* Eldritch Battery: Converts all Energy Shield to Mana
* Iron Reflexes: Converts all Evasion Rating to Armour. Dexterity provides no bonus to Evasion Rating
* Mind Over Matter: When Hit, 30% of Damage is taken from Mana before Life
+170 to Dexterity
+230 to Intelligence
+60 to Strength
+60 to maximum Life (with Oak - Normal)
+20 to maximum Mana
30% Chance to Avoid being Stunned
10% increased Attack Speed
15% increased Block and Stun Recovery
27% increased Cast Speed
24% increased Effect of Buffs on You
24% increased Evasion Rating and Armour
120% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
6% increased Movement Speed
30% increased Physical Damage (with Oak - Cruel)
41% increased Projectile Damage
20% increased Projectile Speed
24% increased Radius of Auras
42% increased Spell Damage
70% increased effect of Auras you Cast
184% increased maximum Life
96% increased maximum Mana
2% of Life Regenerated per Second
41% reduced Mana Reserved
+8% to Chaos Resistance
+10% to all Elemental Resistances
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Dec 28, 2013, 3:23:10 AM
i already tried it with a different wand with 100 spell damage and 15 cast speed and another shield that gives 70 spell damage i had 10k dps on EK with the same setup

but the wand was just given to me to see if EK is indeed useless and it can not be
"
CantripN wrote:
"
Dakilula wrote:

Your gear is better then mine, and I also have 3.5k health, and only 75% resists with -12% chaos. My dps is 4,400. Granted I only have a 5L, 10 nodes from levels less than you and a few levels on EK to go, but I don't see how I can ever scale DPS. Do you believe you've reached the crest of the builds potential?

He has OK gear, but you can get much better stats and gear, both. I think I'm close to that limit, but I'm not quite there yet. I can still get a better shield, a wand (in theory), an amulet with Spell Damage / More Cast Speed, and Rings with Cast Speed. Also, a few gems need to reach 20. And more life on some of those would be nice, of course.

It doesn't get much better than that I think. All of our dps gems are 20 quality.

Can you tell me your dps without Empower? I'm rolling a 5L, and on Nemesis I'll never have a 6.

Thanks

Last edited by Dakilula on Dec 28, 2013, 10:29:55 AM
All things being equal, without Empower I'm at about 13K, a bit more.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
what about cloak of defiance? is it only good for leveling or a viable endgame item? why didnt ziggyd pick doom cast? which map mods should be avoided? anything that i might wnat to know but wasnt covered in guide?
Hello, I was interested in your guide specifically the easter egg version with spectral throw, I haven't completely mapped it out perfectly so there may be flaws I'm only at lvl 36, and I've been following your guide roughly,so I can't really say how well it works out. I've been wanting to try my route out but was hoping for input on if the dmg would be better or worse then the EK route.

Here is my take on it, would really like your opinion on the path.

Last edited by VayneAtrius on Dec 29, 2013, 6:32:28 PM
Hey guys, wondering if someone can help me - so 2nd week in PoE and using this build and loving it.

However im trying to figure out exactly why in the CoDT setup -

"
CoDT Level 4 + Enduring Cry Lvl 7 + Decoy Totem Lvl 9 + Molten Shell Lvl 9

CoDT Level 6 + Enduring Cry Lvl 8 + Decoy Totem Lvl 10 + Molten Shell Lvl 10

You stop leveling gems and dont keep leveling, only reason i could think of is str limitation but was kinda assuming there another reason im missing?

Thanks,
Rose
"
You stop leveling gems and dont keep leveling, only reason i could think of is str limitation but was kinda assuming there another reason im missing?

Cast on damage taken cannot support gems which have higher level requirement that its own (codt).

Also you dont wanna level CoDT too much cause it's gonna take more damage to proc on higher than on lower levels.
"
CantripN wrote:

It's awesome you can run all of those Auras! I've improved my mana quite a bit recently (Up to 3200 base) but I still don't even have enough mana to run Grace/Hatred/Dicipline and still don't have 700+ free. I guess when I start to get some of the Next few +Aura Effect nodes my dicipline will scale up enough to give me that spare mana? So far just too much reserved. Was considering an alpha's howl but I might not need it if those +aura effect nodes fix the issue (Last 3 levels of reduced mana won't hurt either) I thought I'd be able to get to that 700 free by now but still seems like I'm not quite there yet.
Last edited by damelon on Dec 30, 2013, 11:42:20 AM
So just curious why you went for Iron Reflexes when all your gear is armor/ES. Whats the point if your not using any evasion gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info