ZiggyD's Etheral Knives Mana Shield Scion/Shadow Build Guide - Hardcore (Updated for 1.1)

"
SapphireRyoko wrote:
Hi all! :)

First, thank you for sharing your build with us, ZiggyD! I'm having a lot of fun with it, and this is my first time to get this far on hardcore in any ARPG. I have a question :)

First, here is my gear:
Spoiler

here is my passive tree:
Spoiler
My Build

I'm putting my next 2 points in the 6% life + 8% mana nodes

and here are my stats:
Level: 78
Life: 4256
Mana: 3342 total, 928 unreserved
Mana Regeneration: 251 per second
Armor: 8507
Resists: 75 fire/cold/lightning, 11 chaos
Auras: Clarity, Grace, Discipline, Arctic Armor
DPS: 1878

I am playing on Nemesis. My question is: am I ready for Merciless Dominus solo? I've watched some videos of him, but they were all using completely different builds, so I couldnt get a good idea of how well I'd be able to handle his damage. Would I be able to survive, for example, his lightning stream attack and the touch of god? (Yes, I avoid them, but what if it desyncs? I'm trying to cover all my bases since I really do not want to die on him after coming this far) If I am not ready for him, am I close, or am I way below what I'd need to beat him? I've heard that he is way overtuned and people die on him even when they're like 10 levels over him, so I want to be sure before I take him on :)

I would suggest you farm for an upgrade regarding your sceptre. 1.8k dps will mean an extended fight, and you don't want the 2nd phase (with all the corrupted blood and stuff) to last for 2 hours.
Besides, a bit more dps never hurts ;)
To learn is to live...
Why is it that the original build doesn't take the aura nodes right of Harrier? With it you could run 3 auras + Clarity. This would provide you massive flexibility since with being able to run Discipline, Hatred, and Grace you gain everything the build needs and allowing you better variety with gear choices. I'm 77 and very tempted to go in that direction but is there a specific reason?
Loving this build, made it on Dom cause I have more currency there

My current items at level 65
Gear

Really working great, can do 67 maps without trouble
Im currently lvl 71 and in domination for this build.
got a 2.4k EK with hatred on, mainly because I don't have a 5L yet.
I'm pretty tanky right now, but because of my gear, I have some resist problems but depending on the area, I swap out different resist rings.
I have about 340-360 mana regen depending on what ring I use.
Any reccomendations to what I can do?

Here's my gear
Spoiler

And here's my tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAP0IZw0CFLAVIBZvFy8XUBg8GNsZihqPHNwdFB2qHpQppSpNLOktqDGeNZI6MD8nQYdGcUrIS0lMLU3jTipVxlXWVi1br18qZOdsFm6qb550VXTxfM5_xoIegwmD24UyiPGPRpMnkzqboZu1oqOmV6w_rFmsf6yYsZC0DLXytz631r0nwBnB88M6ykrOcc9l0NDbC9tZ3FfdDd7l4YjnY-vk9tr31_no-tL7CfxL_gr-jw==
Last edited by Aspality on Jan 3, 2014, 7:31:54 AM
@ Trebel, its actually very viable. If your look up a guy named Cantripin on the forums he also has a ehtereal knives build that makes use of Clarity, Discipline, Hatred, and Haste. If your not in harcore i would definitely go for the aura nodes. If your in nem/hardcore, your hp might be a bit lower than Ziggies, but you could potentially throw in grace/purity of elements instead of hatred/haste to increase your defenses even further. I would really look up Cantripin's guide, while his build is overall more expensive, i would say that its a lot more fun, (higher dps, and more party support with more auras) than Ziggy's.
"
DrMagic wrote:
@ Trebel, its actually very viable. If your look up a guy named Cantripin on the forums he also has a ehtereal knives build that makes use of Clarity, Discipline, Hatred, and Haste. If your not in harcore i would definitely go for the aura nodes. If your in nem/hardcore, your hp might be a bit lower than Ziggies, but you could potentially throw in grace/purity of elements instead of hatred/haste to increase your defenses even further. I would really look up Cantripin's guide, while his build is overall more expensive, i would say that its a lot more fun, (higher dps, and more party support with more auras) than Ziggy's.

Can you guys give me your opinion on.....

1. next items to farm/trade for?

2. If I should try Cantripn's passive tree changes for more dps (I am in standard league remember) http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/545446/page/1

Current stats:
Lvl 68
EK 5L dps: 3144
hp: ~3080
mana: ~1300
phys reduction: 26%
fire: 75(85)
cold: 73
light: 70
chaos: -52%
mana regen: 230
buffs: AA lvl 15, disc, clarity, hartred with 500 mana reserved.

My Gear

Pots:

Thanks!
IGN: Sweethart
Last edited by haenic on Jan 3, 2014, 3:36:41 PM
Hey guys. Just a quick question about something I can't understand really. Since we are picking EB in the skill tree what's the purpose behind running Discipline? I mean reserve -for example- 60% of 500 Mana to get 100 additional from the aura? Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.

Clarity 5 mins after posting edit:
Is it cause of the fact that the actual mana pool will grow so there will be better mana regen and therefore better utility for MoM?
Last edited by CensoredX on Jan 3, 2014, 4:37:26 PM
Essentially it gives you an extra 200 plus mana, and your mana regen sclaes off your total amount of mana, so even tho it reserves a lot of mana( you should put it with reduced mana support and get some reduced reserved nodes, that should bring it down to 33%) you get a ton of regen from it
Is there a domination version of this build or is it also good with this version?
Closed Beta Member.
@up
I'm running this build on domination (currently on level 78) and I really like it. However, I skipped some life nodes, I'm running hatred all the time (instead of Grace) and I'm using projectile weakness instead of Enfeeble.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info