ZiggyD's Etheral Knives Mana Shield Scion/Shadow Build Guide - Hardcore (Updated for 1.1)

"
renyzen wrote:
wow! I'm surprised you can maintain AA and MoM without ES and mana regen on your gear and without running discipline...how much is your mana regen/sec? A pure ES chest might be nice since you already have alot of armor/ev on your other pieces

I'm at around 220 mana regen per second after Clarity. I'm running a Level 19 Arctic, and when I run at full speed the mana regen perfectly cancels out the Arctic Armour's degen.

I couldn't run it before I bought my second ring (the Brood Knuckle). So I guess a useful reference for this build is to get around 100% increased mana regen rate on gear.

I might consider a full ES gear piece, but mana isn't a huge problem right now. It could be higher of course. I am only sitting at 500 mana unreserved. It would involve trade off if I were to try to get significantly more mana.

Now that I consider it again, the gloves may be the most easily replaceable.
"
renyzen wrote:
wow! I'm surprised you can maintain AA and MoM without ES and mana regen on your gear and without running discipline...how much is your mana regen/sec? A pure ES chest might be nice since you already have alot of armor/ev on your other pieces

I'm at around 220 mana regen per second after Clarity. I'm running a Level 19 Arctic, and when I run at full speed the mana regen perfectly cancels out the Arctic Armour's degen.

I couldn't run it before I bought my second ring (the Brood Knuckle). So I guess a useful reference for this build is to get around 100% increased mana regen rate on gear.

I might consider a full ES gear piece, but mana isn't a huge problem right now. It could be higher of course. I am only sitting at 500 mana unreserved. It would involve trade off if I were to try to get significantly more mana.

"

good to hear that 220 regen is enough for AA and MoM, was really worried im far from being able to run both, im at 207 mana regen atm with my crappy gear that will be upgraded soon, which will bumb up my regen to probably 250-300ish
Last edited by renyzen on May 5, 2014, 2:01:19 PM
Just want to say this build is awesome. I basically take no damage from anything and have decent clear speed.

My gear:

Hello,i have one question, what is better wand with increase spell damage or increase physical damage for ethernal knife :)
Spoiler
"
Jakub19911 wrote:
Hello,i have one question, what is better wand with increase spell damage or increase physical damage for ethernal knife :)

Spell damage. Increased physical damage on a wand does not increase the damage of Ethereal Knives. EK is a spell; physical damage on a wand only increases physical attack damage. Be wary with other items as well. "Adds x-y damage" mods only affect attacks and will not add damage to EK, but "% increased damage" mods affect spells (as well as attacks) and will add damage to EK.

"
bum_hunter wrote:
Spoiler

And?
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on May 13, 2014, 9:19:04 AM
Currently trying out this build (3rd char on invasion) level 41 at the moment, i was planning to use molten shell but early on i managed to pick up a Vaal Molten shell OMG I LOVE THIS.

Obviously you cant pop it all the time but TBH your not taking damage all the time, i stack up the vaal souls and save the molten shell for when needed but it does so much damage, especially if you get a group on you.

Normal MS hits the mobs once and only when you,ve taken the damage to proc it.
VMS explodes on every hit you take.

Im thinking Vaal Molten Shell + Fire Penetration + Increased duration + life leech
Currently lvl 54 on invasion, recently picked up MoM and feel so tanky.

Was wandering around what level 3 auras becomes possible with a decent mana pool for MoM, is it not until the last reduced mana node in the top left has been taken and reduced mana is lvl 20~?

Also by the sound of things people are agreeing that grace is the better 3rd aura over discipline's mana regen because its not much?

Working my way to shaper so i can level my AA further and have about 2k health and 500-600 unereserved mana atm, not sure if i need to start grabbing other life nodes or just work my way to holy strength to get the last reduced mana aura after. Thoughts?
I built this and it's not very tanky once you start getting hit and mana disappears and the damage resistance along with it not to mention cant cast anything like Lightning warp to escape because you have no mana. Also Arctic armor turns off in many situations no matter your regen due to dipping past sustainability upon taken lots of damage. I had 800 mana reserve with 315 mana per sec and still would shut off AA in big battles.

So I changed it using a lightning coil - better dam resistance without the mana drain. Plus got 3 skill pts back. Now I can face tank much better. I also need to turn in my mana regen on jewelry for faster casting and such. I got too much mana regen.

Current tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAEZYVIBXnFm8W8xcvGYUZhhmKGmwajxzcHRQdqh6UJDwkqiY8JpUnqSj6KaUqTSzpLUctgy9vL5026TqzPI5FnUZxSVFKfU4qUEJVS1XGVdZWLVfJWm1br2TnZ6Bte2-ecLtzs3qqf8aApIIegseDCYPbh3aIQow2j0aTJ5cGmuCbtaEipwinXKw_rEesf7QMuJO748HFwzrEospKznHPZdDQ1U_ZE9sL3FfdDd534Yjjauq66yzr7vBr89322vno-tL7CfxL_MX-ug==

Also this shield is the bomb.

I run clarity + Purity of lightning + Grace + hatred Have over 9K armor in 77 maps, over capped resists and LC's insane dam resists.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 16, 2014, 6:43:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info