Kripparrian's wand Templar?

you can find his gear/gems here:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/61016/page/65

I´m also playing thru the game atm with a similar build but it´s getting slow at around lvl 35. I´m still mele with lightning strike/heavy strike. I´ve switched over to the power siphon setup a few times but it´s just to weak and even with clarity i can´t keep up the mana.

Other people that followed a similar build, at around what lvl did you switch from mele to ranged, if you didn´t ranged from start?

Is it all in the + elemental gear and thats why im to weak atm?

Also i can´t believe how much crapp people gives you if you ask anything about a build like this in /global. Some people prefer playing already tried builds rather than always making their own builds. Can´t get why people have such issues with people doing what they enjoy.
"
david4077 wrote:
you can find his gear/gems here:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/61016/page/65

I´m also playing thru the game atm with a similar build but it´s getting slow at around lvl 35. I´m still mele with lightning strike/heavy strike. I´ve switched over to the power siphon setup a few times but it´s just to weak and even with clarity i can´t keep up the mana.

Other people that followed a similar build, at around what lvl did you switch from mele to ranged, if you didn´t ranged from start?

Is it all in the + elemental gear and thats why im to weak atm?

Also i can´t believe how much crapp people gives you if you ask anything about a build like this in /global. Some people prefer playing already tried builds rather than always making their own builds. Can´t get why people have such issues with people doing what they enjoy.

yeah all elem.

was playing this build and sticked to power syphon from around lvl 10... if you get a good wand its very powerfull.
It all in the wand, I went from 70 dps to 250 dps when I found a decent wand. Cruel is going smoothly.
"
david4077 wrote:

Maybe because global is the wrong place for those types of questions. I know some people are so tired of questions like that they have been deliberately giving wrong answers. Then, of course, there are the 'elite' kids that get their jollies putting someone down. For my part, I run with global off most of the time and only bother with it to buy/sell. Given the chat system as is, come the 23rd it is only going to get worse.

A build isn't just the passive tree at level 70+, it is the progression, the equipment, the gems and the play style that go with it at each stage. If you create your own builds, you learn what works and why, you know how to progress - what nodes to take next, what gems to use, what equipment you need, and you develop a play style that fits the build. Using someone else's build you mimic their play style and try to get the same gems, equipment, progression as they did, and without a detailed guide you're going to have a ton of questions.

Personally I don't care what build someone uses. On the other hand, someone using a build they don't understand is likely to have all sorts of other questions applicable pretty much only to that build, and I'm not going to be bothered trying to answer them - in game at least.

My 2c worth anyhow.
It´s a complex game, not everyone wants to learn all the mechanics. And it is just that, a game in which people have diffrent amount of time to devote for.

Yes if everyone would take the time to learn the mechanics there would be less stupid questions and they would have a easier time to understand the game. Though not everyone, even though they might enjoy the game, want to go thru the proces of inventing the wheel all over.

Or they just want new ideas for their next build and they happend to se gameplay of this build in action and would like to have something similar. Theres plenty of reasons why someone would want to copy or play similar to a already invented build instead of making their own from scratch.

By the way, i assume you produce your own shoes and grow all the food that you will be cooking and eating, right? Cause then you´ll have a better understanding of how things work :)
"
david4077 wrote:
By the way, i assume you produce your own shoes and grow all the food that you will be cooking and eating, right? Cause then you´ll have a better understanding of how things work :)

I was in agreement with your post more or less until you added this rather snide rejoinder. The funny part is, I'm a retired old man who grew up on a farm in Appalachia and you'd be surprised what I've learned and, hell, forgotten over all these years.

Granted there are and will be many players who don't have the time to learn all the nitty gritty details, and there should be detailed guides for such players, together with someplace, like these forums, where they can ask questions about the build. Invalesco's guides over on the Shadow forum are a very good example of this.

My main point is, and was, that general chat in game isn't the best place to expect to get answers. The second was and is, that spending some time to research the mechanics involved with the build you are using, the fewer questions you'll need to ask. For the most part, people have already done the hard work - there's the mechanics threads, the threads on the various gems, etc. Already done and there for the reading.
"more or less until you added this rather snide rejoinder"

Wasn´t meant like that. Even considering your background, im willing to bet that most 1337-kiddies that respond in a not friendly way in general chat are not like you. For someone spending 8-12h / day in the game it´s easy to act elitist and beat down on someone that only might be able to spend 8h / week and doesn´t know as much and might find it a good idea to ask a simple question in general chat.

The 1337-kiddie might be awesome, and know everything about the game but he might not be as good at preparing the food that he is reliant on like everyone else :)

Agreed though that everything doesn´t have to go in general chat and it´s easy to search some simple answeres.

(ill stopp OT now)
Last edited by david4077 on Jan 3, 2013, 3:49:12 AM
"
david4077 wrote:
It´s a complex game, not everyone wants to learn all the mechanics. And it is just that, a game in which people have diffrent amount of time to devote for.(...)

Have fun exploring Cruel difficulty. Again and again.
What are you going to do, when you see another skill passive tree that you like? And then another and another one. Please respond that you'll ask for the gameplay plan each time.
#81 Aug-19-2012HCLadderRushSolo.
#13 Aug-26-2012HCLadderRushSolo.
"
altarr wrote:

What are you going to do, when you see another skill passive tree that you like? And then another and another one.

Try it, probarbly, until i find one that im happy with.
I would be glad to get more information about this build, or just some general information on what kind of item properties wand templar has to focus on getting..
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info