New class of item rarity: Mythical

I suggest a new class of item rarity that would possibly be about as rare in drop percentage as Unique items are:

MYTHICAL ITEMS

>> What are Mythical items?
Mythical items are PURPLE items which drop with both a distinctive glow and sound (item hunting goosebumps!). They have some similarities to Rare items but Mythical items have very important and decisive distinctions:

1) Mythical items always have 6 magic prefixes and sufixes. Rares randomly have 3-6 mods.
2) Mythical items will randomly roll 4 prefixes and 2 sufixes or 2 prefixes and 4 sufixes (Rare Items can have, at most, 3 prefixes and 3 sufixes but never 4/2 or 2/4). This alone makes Mythical items very special.
3) Mythical items may (even more rarely) roll 1 prefix or 1 sufix that cannot normally occur in that particular piece of gear — an "abnormal mod". I.E. A Sword could roll Mana or Armor as an abnormal mod.
4) Mythical item mods never roll lower than 33% their item level magnitude. This makes them even more special. I.E. A Mythical ring of item level 68 can not roll lower value prefixes and sufixes than item level 22.
5) You may not Mirror (of Kalandra) a Mythical item, nor Exalt it (obviously), nor Chaos it. Its intricate magical nature forbids it. This makes each Mythical item even more special.
6) You may use Divine Orbs, Blessed Orbs, Jewelry Orbs and Orbs of Fusing on Mythical items.
7) Selling (vendoring) Mythical items could yield higher orbs since its already so rare. A "common" Mythical might sell for 1 Orb of Scouring while a Mythical item with an "abnormal mod" could yield 1 Chaos Orb.

>> Options for balancing Mythical items:

1) The prefix/sufix 4/2 or 2/4 combination of Mythical items alone can make it extremely powerful. As such, Mythical prefixes and sufixes can roll at most at 90% item level magnitude. I.E. A Mythical ring of item level 68 would not roll higher value prefixes and sufixes than item level 61.
2) An "abnormal mod" can roll at most at 75% item level magnitude.
3) Whenever a Mythical item rolls an "abnormal mod", it will also roll a seventh mod from a "Cursed" mod list (minus life, minus resistances, minus attack speed, etc.). This could be a minor annoyance or actually quite severe (RNG).
4) You can equip at most 1 Mythical item at any one moment with a character.

- - -

>> Other color suggestions:
DARK GREEN or CRIMSON RED (may be too similar to Uniques' color).

>> Other name suggestions:
EXQUISITE, MYSTICAL, EXCEPTIONAL, EXTRAORDINARY, EXCLUSIVE, MAGNIFICENT.

Thanks for people posting here for both general and name feedback! :- D
- - -

EDIT HISTORY:
- Added options for balancing "abnormal mods".
- Changed the name from Exquisite to Mythical.
- Added and changed other details.
>> Allow Home and End keys to quickly travel through the Stash!!!
Last edited by markus7 on Jan 28, 2014, 7:59:43 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I like it.

I'd also put the restriction that they can't be chaosed. Maybe that is obvious, since they aren't a rare, but you felt the need to say they couldn't be exalted even though they aren't rare and thus no reason for anyone to think they could be exalted.

Thank you! I edited the original post to clarify the no-Mirror, no-Exalt and added the no-Chaos condition which makes perfect sense.
Bump.
This deserves more feedback.
Maybe a DEV will see it...
Bump!

Very nice idea! But you can also consider the following if the item is too op.
1) Once equipped, the item is locked. It cant be traded.
2) Cant change the stat
3) Cant be mirrored
Etc etc
Well if it becomes bound when equipped, then perhaps it could become mirror'able once bound, and the mirrored version would also be bound.

This is just because you might want to dual wield identical versions of a weapon.

But I'm not really fond of soul/accountbind mechanics.
Forum Warrior - Why are you creating a thread about this subject? Use Search!
Also Forum Warrior - Nice necro.
Last edited by Nurvus on Nov 18, 2013, 10:51:02 AM
i had an idea a couple of months back about an item type that could roll normal prefixes and affixes + 1 or 2 mods from a separate pool with more "unique" affixes

these items should not be rerollable with orbs, except for sockets, links and colour of course
Addition, only 1 exquisite item can be worn on a character at a time.
"
Crapzor wrote:
Addition, only 1 exquisite item can be worn on a character at a time.
no bullshit like this

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info