[Strongest Solo Variation: Projectile Madness Spectres] LMP/GMP Ice Spear 2x Totem 2x Curse 3x Traps

What is a good support green gem to attach to raise skeletons? I got that green slot but nothing to use it with, I don't use temporal chains much.

Maybe faster attacks? or how about red support gems? Melee splash or iron will?

IGN: BirgitSuomaa

"Man. I shot the hell out of that guy, huh?"
Ellie.
Since that's a pure ES hat, a very small number of chroms would turn it 4 blue, and you could put minion life and cast speed in as well, assuming you don't have anything better to do with the slots.

I find with this build I don't really have a lot of slots to spare though, between totem, 3 curses, 3 traps, frost wall, and auras, I can't even run all the things I want without going 4L on skellies. The most I'd be willing to dedicate to skellies is 2L (skelly + faster cast).
Last edited by magicrectangle on Jun 8, 2013, 10:52:21 PM
I am only running 2 curses, Flammability and Frostbite. I have never ran Frost wall and I don't feel like I need it, the mobs target the skellies almost 80% of the time and the other 20% they target the totems, so my specters are fine and I always have enough mana to refresh the totems.

I am also only running Fire Trap and Conversion Trap, I haven't even tried Bear Trap.

Ellie.
I am aiming to have a Doedre's damning and Dreams Fragments, are those 2 rings good for maps? Or should I focus on getting rings with resistances? Doedre will help me cast elemental weakness, frostbite, and flammability.

Ellie.
"
squalltheonly wrote:
I am aiming to have a Doedre's damning and Dreams Fragments, are those 2 rings good for maps? Or should I focus on getting rings with resistances? Doedre will help me cast elemental weakness, frostbite, and flammability.

Yes that's a fine combination as long as you get enough resists elsewhere (maybe run purity). I personally went with windscream to get my 3rd curse, but it does kind of suck having the slower run speed.

I'm not really sold on your choice of three curses, but eh. I actually change up my curse selection a lot depending on group composition, but my standard solo is ele weakness + frostbite + temp chains. I don't solo much though with this char, I think of it more as a group support type character.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Jun 11, 2013, 11:07:00 AM
Woaw, made it to merc act 3 & shit just got real. Chaos dmg is so high, so I had to take CI but since I only have 2000 ES I have to still be very careful. Overall still satisfied w/ the build due to having totems/skeletons/specters that all attract aggro from enemies, I don't think I would even try the other 2 regular builds.

Now to save up for a better shield and chest piece, and to get my hands on a midnight bargain :)

EDIT: I know i'll have to take off CI, hopefully by then I can raise my chaos res even more.

Ellie.
Last edited by squalltheonly on Jun 12, 2013, 6:56:07 AM
playing this build now

This is a good gear for this build:
1.decent es
2.decent mana
3.10%cold damage
4.lv15 concentrated effect=64% more damage on fire-flag

But I have to admit 50% reduce es CD is annoying. You need take some time to adapt it.
I was curious if this build could be switched to use Fireball instead of Ice Spear, can someone comment?

Ellie.
Thanks IRubbish for the Rime Gaze Advice, works out quite well.

I had some luck and dropped

and first thought it wouldnt help me with this Build.

But the Ice Spear Totems spread Concecrated Ground everywhere which is quite nice for Spectre/Skelleton survivability. I also took Zealot's Oath so I can also take advantage of the 5% Life regen which mitigates the Rime Gaze Cooldown a bit.

I am sure there are better rings but it works quite nice.
IGN: Nuppimperator
Hi! I certanly want to try out the build, but can you please post a small leveling guide? Which passives to go to first and when to swich to totems. thnx for the guide anyway!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info