[Strongest Solo Variation: Projectile Madness Spectres] LMP/GMP Ice Spear 2x Totem 2x Curse 3x Traps

Also what should you totem damage be at around 45, as mine is only 75dps and I have GMP in a 4L at the moment. What is it that really pumps up your damage other then the sepcters?

Also I looked for the Flame Specters in the Lunaris Temple Lvl 2-3 and couldn't find them are they only in Cruel+ Difficulty ?

"
rustypipe wrote:
Also what should you totem damage be at around 45, as mine is only 75dps and I have GMP in a 4L at the moment. What is it that really pumps up your damage other then the sepcters?

Also I looked for the Flame Specters in the Lunaris Temple Lvl 2-3 and couldn't find them are they only in Cruel+ Difficulty ?

They don't always spawn, in that case do the map again.
Ign: Elestrasza(Anarchy)/YoloSparkler(Standard)
One other thing I noticed is when dropping the totems further away it takes much longer to kill mobs, which I found odd as I would of thought this would be faster as the 2nd form of frost spear is hitting them which should be always critting? However when I drop the totem closer it kills them almost twice as fast. I'm assuming this is because more of the frost spears are actually hitting them instead of just 1 spear.

So should you still keep your totems further away?

Also if anyone can comment on what your DPS should be like on your FP totem at around lvl 45 that would be great, I find the DPS really lacking and i'm not sure how to pump up the DPS
"
rustypipe wrote:

Also if anyone can comment on what your DPS should be like on your FP totem at around lvl 45 that would be great, I find the DPS really lacking and i'm not sure how to pump up the DPS

I am in the same boat as You, I feel my DPS is really lacking. I guess it is because my gems are all @ zero quality & they are not max level, but still I think it should be a little higher. I am currently level 50.

This is what I am running with right now:
Spoiler
IGN: BirgitSuomaa

"Man. I shot the hell out of that guy, huh?"
Ellie.
Last edited by squalltheonly on Jun 6, 2013, 10:54:08 AM
Just wondering if anyone has tried Power Charge on Crit with this build to help the DPS. Since this build has such a high chance of crit you would essentially always be running with max charges adding even more crit% allowing the first phase of ice spear to do more damage?

Just a thought
Is spell totem affected by crit from power charges? I heard that the spell totem is not affected by increased spell power on gear, so I assume crit doesn't affect it either.

On a different note, would it be viable to get conduit so that we share charges with the specters/skeletons?

Ellie.
"
squalltheonly wrote:
Is spell totem affected by crit from power charges? I heard that the spell totem is not affected by increased spell power on gear, so I assume crit doesn't affect it either.

Wrong, it's affected by all three(this is obviously the reason why your dps is lacking). The charges you have are applied to the totem when you place it. The totems can't get and generate charges themselves though. So it's worthless especially if you have two.

"
squalltheonly wrote:
On a different note, would it be viable to get conduit so that we share charges with the specters/skeletons?

No, only works on players.

Last edited by SirRooster on Jun 7, 2013, 6:08:12 PM
I have gotten some upgrades and my DPS has increased, Frostbite and Flammability are both helping greatly.

This is my new gear:
Spoiler

Right now I am saving up to buy a Midnight Bargain for cheap, I want to run 4 specters :)

How can we gain power charges w/ this build? I got no more space for either power syphon or power charge on critical.

Really enjoying this build now that my DPS has increased, but in a full party it lags sooooo much lol.

Ellie.
"
squalltheonly wrote:
I have gotten some upgrades and my DPS has increased, Frostbite and Flammability are both helping greatly.

This is my new gear:
Spoiler

Right now I am saving up to buy a Midnight Bargain for cheap, I want to run 4 specters :)

How can we gain power charges w/ this build? I got no more space for either power syphon or power charge on critical.

Really enjoying this build now that my DPS has increased, but in a full party it lags sooooo much lol.

About the midnight bargain: your gear looks like you would use CI - if so, you can't use it. :)
http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Midnight_Bargain

I am level 81 now and I see this build in a slightly different way. Well, I stopped playing solo at some point and in a group you really shouldn't use spectres because they cause lags and they get less and less useful, the better your group is.
I see this spec as a very group friendly spec as you freeze everything (with elemental proliferation) and you can easily go for permanent triple curses, which you can adjust to your group and the map you are doing. For bosses you have your fire traps, which do quite a lot of damage. :)
So from my experience I wouldn't recommend putting too much into spectres - they are just bad later on when you play in a group.
IGN: RachelSuperCasual (Torment)
RachelShockerina (Rampage - retired)
RachelElysia (Ambush - retired)
LadyVinara (Nemesis - retired)
"
rustypipe wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has tried Power Charge on Crit with this build to help the DPS. Since this build has such a high chance of crit you would essentially always be running with max charges adding even more crit% allowing the first phase of ice spear to do more damage?

Just a thought

You don't gain power charges when your totems crit, only when you crit. So no, it would be a useless gem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info