The Plan for Content Update 1.0.2

"
elvy wrote:

Hello there mr troll, you seem to have missed 8 out of the 10 bullet points from the OP! Achievement [fail at trolling] complete for you!

Generic forum rats who quote-mine posts and complain about quote-mining should have their posting privileges removed.
Abstain from further posting.
Thanks for the feedback about the lack of Domination vs Nemesis PvP segregation. There are problems with too much segregation (especially in leagues like Hardcore that don't have as many players) but we'll take it on board. I'd love to have it entirely league-specific but only if there are enough players to make it awesome.

"
colexian wrote:
While I think the video for the 1.0.1 patch was very enjoyable, if it takes time away from development or otherwise improving them game then I am disinclined to approve of them.
As you said, they take considerable time.

It's just my weekend really :P
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
awesome :), by the way I love the videos tbh but if they are taking to long might be a good idea to think about making them simpler in some way or just cut them out all together.

p.s. any chance for maybe a livestream for 1hr on a certain day of the month? I think a lot of people would love to interact with you and just chat nothing serious unless you would want it that way.
"
PathOfNerfs wrote:
"
elvy wrote:

Hello there mr troll, you seem to have missed 8 out of the 10 bullet points from the OP! Achievement [fail at trolling] complete for you!

Generic forum rats who quote-mine posts and complain about quote-mining should have their posting privileges removed.
Abstain from further posting.

I agree! And since you quote-mined me, we should both shut up! /leaves
"
Aux wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
Aux wrote:
I can't hope enough that the PvP will be league specific.

In 1.0.2, Standard and Hardcore can fight each other. Domination and Nemesis can fight each other. The old leagues cannot fight the new leagues because that's unfair.

The advantage Domination has over Nemesis is huge, I can't see how this is fair even slightly. I just knew after waiting for legit PvP for so long that some bullshit like this would turn up where hardcore is pitted against softcore.

I don't even know what to say, words escape me right now...

+1 to this.
"
Chris wrote:
Thanks for the feedback about the lack of Domination vs Nemesis PvP segregation. There are problems with too much segregation (especially in leagues like Hardcore that don't have as many players) but we'll take it on board. I'd love to have it entirely league-specific but only if there are enough players to make it awesome.

"
colexian wrote:
While I think the video for the 1.0.1 patch was very enjoyable, if it takes time away from development or otherwise improving them game then I am disinclined to approve of them.
As you said, they take considerable time.

It's just my weekend really :P

I hope ur getting some time to play the game urself, momma always said all work and no play is bad for you :)
Last edited by twistedforce on Nov 14, 2013, 11:48:46 PM
The Unfairness of PvPing against Softcore Characters as a Hardcore Character

To me this is quite mind boggling obvious that the thought process behind this decision is extremely lacking. The only thing I can possibly come up with is logistical reasons (remember that Chris posted that roughly ~2% of the players are playing hardcore currently). Forcing hardcore players--and Nemesis by comparison--is completely unfair and not inline at all with the competitive nature of PvP.

Winning in PvP should prove that you are the best player on your respective league--regardless of how many players play in that league. I would like to quote Mark who put it very eloquently when asked why Anarchy (the softcore league from last season) players who finished the league with a character that had zero deaths couldn't be moved to Hardcore instead of Standard.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
In Hardcore, if a character dies, they're out of the league. This doesn't only affect the character, it affects the economy, because all items that character had died with them, and as far as HC is concerned, are gone forever. It is never possible in HC for you to be using an item that belonged to a character that died, because their items were taken out with them.

In Anarchy, characters can continue when they die. While we track character deaths and could move to hardcore only characters that never died in Anarchy, they would be carrying items that do not belong in a hardcore economy, because they've traded with characters who died, and obtained items tainted by death. These characters managed not to die by directly benefiting from a non-HC economy, where far more items are easily available because they aren't constantly leaving, and would carry hundreds of death-tainted items to HC with them, should such a transfer occur.

Even if we kept death counts for every individual item in the league, and didn't transfer those, we'd have characters arriving in hardcore without most of their gear, losing HC gems that were socketed in non-HC items, and fundamentally, we're still putting characters in HC who didn't avoid dying in hardcore.

Not dying in a softcore league and not dying in a hardcore league are not the same, because the softcore league has far more easily available items in the economy, due to them not leaving when characters with them die. It's easier to gear up.
A character who only "didn't die" in Anarchy did not achieve the same as a character who didn't die in HC. They probably used items that wouldn't exist in a hardcore economy. They almost certainly benefited from the larger numbers of items in the economy. If they ever played in parties with characters that died, then they made progress they could not have made in HC.

A character who didn't die in Anarchy, or any other softcore league, is not equivalent to one who doesn't die in hardcore. As such, moving characters from such leagues to hardcore would not be reasonable.

Replace Anarchy with Domination and you have summed up all the reasons that this should not be allowed in the single most competitive aspect of any game--fighting against an intelligent non-AI opponent to the death.

Let's take a quick look at the current availability of certain levels of items in the Domination marketplace (thanks to poe.xyz.is) and compare them to those on Nemesis. (I will not be going into the differences of HC and Standard in this post as I think it's pretty obvious to anyone who reads Reddit and sees the vast amount absolutely absurd perfectly rolled items for all slots available there for mirroring and other means.)

Quality of Loot - Best for Sale at Time of Posting
2H Swords DPS
Domination: 553 DPS
Nemesis: 518 DPS

Dagger DPS
Domination: 347 DPS
Nemesis: 263 DPS

I could go on but the trend is the same. Some items are a bit closer but some are so skewed

Availability of Loot - Seemingly rarest item in game?
Kaom's Heart
Domination: 5
Nemesis: 1

Most items are this way for obvious reasons, nothing moves, it's all permanent for one league, and everything is liquid in the other.

I urge you to reconsider this. I can't believe that I'm really having to plea the case for not pitting Hardcore leagues against Softcore leagues against each other in PvP. This completely kills the spirit of the game and everything that I know many people have worked for since the introduction of this game at Open Beta with the promise of PvP on the horizon. Now that time has come and I feel like everything I've put countless hours in for already on the new leagues to be as ready as I can be for PvP against other players who have to deal with mortality and the perils that await in Wraeclast. I have lost a level 75 character already, and many other players have lost characters already in these leagues and they have to rebuild from scratch. On top of this we are forced to fight an uphill battle against softcore players that lose at the very most 10% of their current level, and can plow their body against a ridiculously hard boss in extremely high maps after a fresh ding with no risk of losing anything to try and push ahead in the item and--more importantly--map hunt that those of us with a single life dare never risk for the reward will never be outweight the chance of losing hundreds of hours of work and all of your best items.

I am probably one of the biggest proponents of PvP and I'm sure many people in the community can vouch that this is the only reason I play this game. For me to play handicapped--by this I mean choosing to play in a perma-death league--against softcore players is an utterly disgusting thought for me to have to deal with, and frankly I just won't do it. It really feels to me like you just punched my lovely mother in her face while looking me in the eyes, then walked away.

Extremely Pissed,

Aux
IGN: Aux
Last edited by Aux on Nov 15, 2013, 12:51:47 AM
"
Chris wrote:

It's just not going to be fun Chris. Better leave it up to luck than 100% half ass it and piss people off.
Can we get a guild log yet to see who is taking and putting in?

Update looks great, good work guys!
Looking for a clan/guild? https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1889102

Discord Server: https://discord.gg/rh8FXgt
hope you won't change burning :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info