Cheap Physical Crit Split Arrow, The Blood Dance Ranger build[Nemesis]

Hi, great guide so far, I'm in domination, lvl 69 and have about 8k dps on frenzy, 3k dps on split arrow with 7frenze +3power. However, my defense stats are a little low (I die a lot xd). Can you post something, like a picture, of your stats so I can get a reference?
can i reset me skill i start wrong biuld tree with upper dmg arrows not evension and life :)
Have you consitered using Point blank in order to do more damage to the close mobs and to avoid dying to reflect on off screen mobs? in that way you get a chance to recognize the reflect before you take real damage from it. I know it forces you to get up and close to the enemies which is offcause dangarous.
What is your oppinion on that?
Can someone help me, all I can get is 6 charges of frenzy and I'm doing crap damage. Any help greatly appreciated. I haven't deviated from this build at all and I'm currently level 38
Any updates to this build for 1.10 ?
Hardcore
I will update it, i am rolling a shadow with this build on invasion league currently. When i reach a point where i can map, i will update it for sure.
IGN: ISeppukyu
Have you updated the build since the new leagues started?
Hello folks!

I've been using this build in Ambush. Simple, fun, effective. Especially in a party if you have someone to tank for you.

First, the data.

The Data
I'm level 81. My current skill tree is here.

My current gear

Some of my old gear
(I vendored, sold or gave away the rest.)

Damage: 10700 DPS on Frenzy; 4500 DPS on Split Arrow ("Current gear", with Hatred, max charges).
Crit Chance: 56,6% (Drillneck, max charges); 61% (Miracle Nails/old quiver, max charges); 41,9% (Drillneck, no charges)

Defense: 8200 Armour ("Current gear", with Grace, max charges); 4500 (max charges); 3900 (no Grace, no Charges)
Life: 4294; Life regen: 42,9 (base), 343,5 (max charges).

Resists: Fire 64%, Cold 107%, Lightning 108%, Chaos -60% (Fire resist took a hit when I got Drillneck).

About my gear

Soul Stinger (old bow, 145 pDPS) was bought for 1 chaos.
Miracle Nails (old quiver) was a hand-me-down from a guildie.

Gale Horn (current bow, 245 pDPS) was bought for 20 chaos.
Blood Clasp (amulet) was a drop from a corrupted chest, given by a guildie.
The Blood Dance (perfect roll) was bought for 3 chaos, early in the league. Somewhere around day 4 or so.
Agony Loop Two-Stone ring was a drop (probably), as was Drillneck.

Everything else was bought, nothing more than 3 chaos.

About my gems

Vaal Summon Skeletons is perfect for this build as a distraction. Linking them to Blind and Increased Duration improves them greatly, especially so on higher levels.

I don't really use Bear Trap because I tend to play with dedicated cullers. Currently leveling it just because. Same with most gems in my chest and bow.

Bandits

Normal: Oak (life)
Cruel: Oak (physical damage)
Merciless: Kraityn (frenzy charge)

And now, my commentary.

Build works perfectly even with only a 4-link (Split Arrow + Faster Attacks + Added Fire Damage + Power Charge on Critical). Pierce would probably be my fifth link, while Increased Critical Strikes, Blind/Chance to Flee or Physical attack damage would be my sixth link.

If you can't decide between PCoC or Pierce, go with PCoC and grab Piercing Strikes from the tree. My DPS went up quite a bit when I did that. It will also provide a nice synergy with Drillneck, if you ever happen to buy one.

My thoughts on the quivers:
Spoiler
Sharktooth - Good for leveling, before you start using Blood Rage.
Broadhead - Nice for extra damage, gets worse as you hit higher levels (when compared with the other quivers).
Penetrating - If you find one with life, resists and crit chance, you'll have a long-term partner. :)
Spike-Point - perhaps the best base quiver type for the build. Yeah, you'll lose implicit pierce chance from the Penetrating quiver, but it's only 10%. Critical chance more than makes up for it.

(Note: It's entirely possible that I'm being slightly nostalgic about quivers - A Spike-Point served me long and hard. In any case, it always boils down to what you find or buy.)

This is roughly the way I leveled this char, together with commentary. And the way I'd level a second character with this build.
Spoiler
11 points - Primal Spirit is EXTREMELY useful during early and mid levels, maybe even up to the moment you grab Mind Drinker in the Shadow Area.

25 points - I more-or-less beelined to Iron Reflexes. Didn't take the Frenzy node until later.

36 points - Went for the Gymnastics cluster, then the frenzy node and the crit cluster.

50 points - Aspect of the Eagle, life and Deadly Draw. Decided to do it this way because it'd take me a longer if I went through the Ondar's Guile side. Plus, I wasn't really looking for crit chance on my gear at this time.

60 points - Lethality, the two remaining Frenzy nodes, reaching the edge of Shadow area. About the time when I started to focus more on crit.

70 points - Piercing Shots, Conditioning, Nullification. Nullification is tad bit too good to pass up, especially since this build isn't really keen on taking Evasion nodes. 18% Evasion and 8% all-resist for 2 points, plus you're already passing by.

80 points - Took Mind Drinker, dropped Primal Spirit (I think I dropped it earlier, though), took Talons of Murder (but not the rest of the cluster), Haste, Mental Acuity and the life/mana cluster between them. This way you'll save one skillpoint (the OP went through two 10-INT nodes past Mind Drinker). If you're short on Intelligence, spend it on a +30 node. Better gain, same investment.

90 points - Life cluster next to Mind Drinker, the rest of the Talons of Murder cluster, Assassination, Reduced Mana Reservation node. Mana reservation node helps a TON. Really. You'll suddenly have a bunch more mana. :)

100 points - Bloodthirst, life cluster past Bloodthirst, assorted +30 STR/INT nodes. I added them to the tree just now, even though I took them MUCH earlier on my char. Take them when you need them, basically.

111 points, the end - The way I plan to finish this build, level 90 or 91. Written in Blood, the rest of Assassination and Nullification clusters, Master Fletcher (Ranger-Duelist border).

Note: take the +30 STR and INT nodes when you need them. If you haven't taken Iron Reflexes, grab it first, and then the STR/INT nodes. In my opinion, the sooner you take IR, the better.

Besides the point I saved by going through Haste (instead of Mental Acuity), I wouldn't change anything about the tree.

About partying... I find summoners to be the best ones to party with with this build. They tend to run Clarity, Discipline and Hatred at the very least. You can completely forget about Decoy Totems that way, and drop an aura. Overall, your DPS and survivability will jump.

I also play a lot with a Searing Bond Scion. She tanks and culls, while I try to kill everything else. :)

A couple of ideas to finish this post (and possibly spark a discussion). :)
Spoiler
Clarity - very useful while leveling. Keep it at level 1 and don't level it. It gives a nice mana regen bonus, requires minimal investment.

Skeleton totem - instead of Decoy totem. Haven't tested it, but should work as good or better. I was thinking: Spell Totem (red, STR/INT)) + Summon Skeletons (blue) + Blind (green) + Chance to Flee (green, DEX/INT), or Faster Casting (blue) instead of Chance to Flee.
No love will ever save you, no kisses are too deep.
No cross will give you answers, or satisfy your needs.
No faith will give you pleasure, that takes away the pain.
But hate will give you meaning, and make you feel again.
(Ordo Rosarius Equilibrio)
Last edited by Ansung on Apr 2, 2014, 4:12:56 PM
Is this build still viable?
will use

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info