Mors' Max Str, Ironwill, Freeze pulse build (updated for 1.3 tree (tentative)

Not really sure how/if it would work, but I think I'll turn this into a storm call and grab static blows for the luls
Thanks for the gear update Mors. So ideally when running FP on 6L DPS 2-2.5K? Yours at the moment?
Hey Mors, I've been following the Ground Slam leveling build and it's been really awesome so far. However, I'm now at the end of Act 3 Cruel and Dominus is keeping me from progressing to Merc.
I'm playing on Nemesis so "yolo DPSing" Dom is not a viable option.
Should I still attempt to solo him or is it too risky? (I don't know any trustworthy person on Nemesis to duo him with)
At level 56 my life is at 3k, 1300 armor, 1.9k Ground Slam.

Sorry if this comes across as a bit of a noobish question, first time playing Ground Slam.
"
Toshibad23 wrote:
Not really sure how/if it would work, but I think I'll turn this into a storm call and grab static blows for the luls

It could be very strong, I've been trying to come up with a strong storm call build using high str.

"
Kenza wrote:
Thanks for the gear update Mors. So ideally when running FP on 6L DPS 2-2.5K? Yours at the moment?

Mine is 1790 with haste up, level 18 FP. Each level should give me 250-400 dps.

"
Boredoms wrote:
Hey Mors, I've been following the Ground Slam leveling build and it's been really awesome so far. However, I'm now at the end of Act 3 Cruel and Dominus is keeping me from progressing to Merc.
I'm playing on Nemesis so "yolo DPSing" Dom is not a viable option.
Should I still attempt to solo him or is it too risky? (I don't know any trustworthy person on Nemesis to duo him with)
At level 56 my life is at 3k, 1300 armor, 1.9k Ground Slam.

Sorry if this comes across as a bit of a noobish question, first time playing Ground Slam.

First rule of Mors Thread is there are no noob questions.

Most of the time I would get a Dom rush from someone in a public trading board, or chat. All of the new content is still overtuned and will probably continue to be so for another couple of balance patches (in my opinion).

Most of the difficulty comes down to your leveling gear, or just gear in general. In most games in this situation, the advice would be to give it the old college try. Unfortunately hardcore is hardcore, and everyone wins when you get a rush from your friendly over leveled trade buddy :).

Whether you can solo Dominus =\= whether your gear\build\skills are good in PoE.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
Is this build doable with EK? ofcourse different gem combinations,respec out of few crit ndoes you have and pick up phys or projectile dmg
"
Morsexier wrote:
First rule of Mors Thread is there are no noob questions.

Most of the time I would get a Dom rush from someone in a public trading board, or chat. All of the new content is still overtuned and will probably continue to be so for another couple of balance patches (in my opinion).

Most of the difficulty comes down to your leveling gear, or just gear in general. In most games in this situation, the advice would be to give it the old college try. Unfortunately hardcore is hardcore, and everyone wins when you get a rush from your friendly over leveled trade buddy :).

Whether you can solo Dominus =\= whether your gear\build\skills are good in PoE.

Thanks for your reply. I am happy to report I successfully soloed Dom on first try, I'm in Fellshrine now approaching level 70. My gear was pretty poop so it should be possible for other people doing this build.
Hey if you don't mind can I ask how much you bought that corruption twirl ring for? Just trying to gauge the price of strength items :P
I apologize if this has been answered, but what do you think about going +10 Strength and then Sentinel over the two Body and Soul nodes? Is the +2% All resist and swap of 24% ES to 24% Eva worth losing 4% Armor?
Spoiler
So, i've been leveling my first character using with the aim of using this build for group play with my friends(albeit only in domination), however I was just wondering; at what point should we switch to using FP?

I have been using bog standard gear whilst levelling for the most part, and leap slam would constantly outdps FP 3-4fold at the best of times, to the point that it literally takes about 20+seconds to kill a group of basic white mobs, that would die in 2-3 leap slams.
I figured it was simply the fact that I had terrible gear, so I purchased some temporary(but still good) Str gear, yet my FP dps still feels gimped compared.

Level 55, strength 529(missing 2 rings, gloves, chest and a belt).

lvl 11-FP@20q
lvl 12-FT@0q
lvl 12-GMP@20q
lvl 13-IW@20q
lvl 12-LS@0q
lvl 13-HS@0q

FP-IW-GMP were linked before anyone suggests that.

frozen pulse dps - 142.2
fire trap dps - 284
leap slam dps - 489.3
heavy strike dps - 1000.4

I don't quite understand. Is it simply a case of "not enough power", and I need to get the gems to level 18+, and buy more strength gear.(if this is the case also, what are some ballpark figured you suggest moving on to actually using FP? my guess would be around 800+str and lvl 18 FP? based on what I've experienced so far)
or am I missing something completely obvious that lets me actually use FP before endgame?

So... basically i'm a complete moron ^_^ just expanded my build from the level 62 build linked, instead of reworking all of the talents in place(weapon damage/resolve/alternate paths)
IGN: RezotA
Last edited by AdtEU on Dec 14, 2013, 7:03:04 AM
im gonna try this build out on my marauder hes currently lvl 73, i was wondering if there are any items required for this build? like your mace, it gives alot of increased dps doesnt it? also i tried linking iron will to fp with 500str atm (i have yet to get all the gear and respec ;) but my dps didnt go any higher? i just started playing again 3 weeks ago after taking a year break so there's probably something obvious im missing :/ i'd appreciate if someone pointed it out. I tried linking it to a lvl 1 fp since i didnt have a higher one and i have yet to lvl it but surely it cant be that its lvl 1 when i have 400+ str?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info