Build of the Week, Season 2 Episode 3 Build Submission Thread

"
deimoss wrote:
Thread is already meeting its objectives as Pneuma's build got nerfed. Continue to post.

I did request it, so I call it a success.

---

I still don't understand the fear of nerf, but to each their own.

Besides, if your OP build hinges around OP uniques, you have nothing to fear. GGG doesn't do item balance in any reasonable time frame. Skills are on lockdown, though.
Well my build is rather niche but I'll just post it here anyways. It utilizes point blank a chin sol and avatar of fire. Skillwise I use Explosive Arrows for aoe clear and burning arrow for single target damage. The damage tooltip does not represent my actuall damage due to chin sol and point blank so I can not pinpoint exact numbers. But I do feel powerfull enough to clear higher end map's and boss runs.

Build:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAdEB5wJxA8YEfgSzBS0F-QYOCfYUTRRxFfAY2xkuGjga2yFgJa0n7Si1KaUyfjKJNug6UjpYOrNAoEp9TipQUFRJValWBFb6Vw1X4lhjWfNbr18_YEtgiGFSY6dj_WaeZ6ByqXRBdO108Xbnd-V673zZhmCHGYd2jM-QCpBVlwaXtJ65ns2fy6EiogCiQKTCpzCnhKyqrLqvja_rud3AGsQVxKLE9sbY0iHUj9lh3Q3dRudS7DjuDu8O707wH_Iv8930-PZI-WP8TvzF

Items:
Spoiler

Dont mind my kaom's primacy I just use it for culling with rarity/quantity inc.

I have not done maps higher then 72 due to not having those map's dropped yet. I more of a casual player and this is one of my first characters I created right after closed beta. I mostly played selfound and solo/litle parties with friends.

ign: AmazonianBrute lvl 82
Low-life Blood-Magic Melee build.
This end-game build relies on high quality rare and unique items. Gem quality and being an attentive player is desirable.

IGN: Tempting_Madness, level 88 Duelist. I present to you: The Demigod of Madness.
Flavor Text
Pure power traversing Wraeclast:
A lone exile moves across the continent at lighting speed, hitting swiftly, leaving only smoldering body parts in his wake. Those who survive long enough to strike back find themselves facing a fierce opponent.

Then the exile desyncs and dies to a bunch of zombies.

Idea
This build makes use of Blood Magic and the recently added 'Mortal Conviction' node (40% Less Mana Reserved), which in combination with level 19 (not higher!) Reduced Mana support gem (and the '5% reduced Mana Reserved' node) allows to run 2 of 60% (Hatred and Grace) and 1 of 40% auras (Vitality or one of the Elemental purities) while retaining the unreserved Life at just below 35%.

Being at low life enables the player to make full use of Blood Rage bonuses as well as those of the Lori's Lantern unique ring and 'Panicked' life flasks. To make the 35% life a viable amount of HP the build uses a lot of life nodes, life on items and Kaom's Heart (new one will do). This yields around 2.5k to 3.0k unreserved life - which is enough.
The build also uses the Astramentis amulet to save skill points.

Advantages
- swinging Erqi 4 times a second for serious DPS [upwards of 20k];
- high mobility: like a D2 teleport [except not through walls, fix please? XD];
- chain exploding things half a screen away before the hit you (think Bazaar map statues);
- can withstand most burst damage (devourers, traps) and reflect: by default or by switching auras and skills;
- strong combination of DPS, survivability and bad-assness.

Disadvantages
- on higher level (>75) maps extreme attention is required - don't blink;
- no regen maps are somewhat problematic;
- some bosses and mode combinations will instantly kill you, which is not that big of a deal given the builds nature;
- desync.

The build is versatile, enables enjoyable clearing of high level maps and stands its ground against most bosses and mods (except 'Desync'). Its skill tree layout is best achieved by Duelist, while it is also available to Marauder and Templar with minor alterations. The build is very strong and gear-dependent, it is meant primarily for solo PvE play:

Defense

0) Life Leech as a must, high life regen as an 'is'.
1) Lori's Lantern ring (enemies are 'unlucky' when damaging you) + Enfeeble curse (usually for > 75 lvl maps and/or bosses) together give a very high boost to toughness;
2) High mobility: Lightning Warp + Reduced Duration support gem and 'Increased Movement Speed' boots (as well as the Lori's Lantern move speed bonus) enable escaping most dangers at instant speed (as well as faster clearing);
3) Offensively the build uses multistrike to reduce exposure to both Elemental and Physical reflect (also as a minor hedge against desync as it will choose new targets automatically).
4) 'Panicked' life flasks - 864 HP is a lot for this build. And what's more - it's instant!
5) A combination of Melee Splash, Erqi's and passive AoE with Heavy Strike or Infernal blow mechanics make it so that most threats are stunned/exploded long before they reach you.
6) Molten shell, +Melee Range and Decoy Totem never hurt.

Offense
Offensively it relies on Marohi Erqi due to the maul's high damage, stun duration and build's ability to compensate for its low attack speed and find additional survivability in the new maul passives. Using Concentrated effect is possible, but reflects may become insurmountable and lower AoE lessens defensive value of attacks.

Gear

Single-target and AoE damage are not differentiated in this build, you just constantly teleport across the maps (fast Lightning Warp + Blood Magic) cast Flammability, Vulnerability or Enfeeble depending on the map setup and chain explode/stun things at a very high speed. Totems, Molten Shell, Life Leech and Lori's Lantern will let you stand your ground against most bosses (don't forget to switch auras and curses).

GG.
Last edited by demon_progress on Dec 5, 2013, 6:31:36 PM
Umm love the idea of a build of the week but doesn't that imply that on Nov 19th you would have posted week 3 where is week 4 that came out on Nov. 26 and week 5 that should have come out on Dec. 3rd. I guess there aren't many good builds out there right now.
"
xtertristl wrote:
Umm love the idea of a build of the week but doesn't that imply that on Nov 19th you would have posted week 3 where is week 4 that came out on Nov. 26 and week 5 that should have come out on Dec. 3rd. I guess there aren't many good builds out there right now.

In fairness, they're busy people over at GGG and it takes time to review submissions and film the episode.

I do think the name of the series should be changed to eliminate any unreasonable expectation of weekly updates.
Hi!

i wanted to submit a melee ranger build (evasion + acrobatics) hoping its not to late...
character name: RebeccaGuay

why this name?!?
hint:

build:
Spoiler

goals:
- viable on all maps with any modifiers
- no expensive gear needed (no uniques, no 6L)
- show Acrobatics some love

note that i´m still leveling this character (two days ago he (she?) still was around level 50, today level 75) so it could be possible that its not fully optimized

cyclone is the main-skill, linked to life on hit, faster attacks and multistrike for high life retention and melee physical for dps (i still need a 20% quality cyclone for more aoe radius)
in a 6L you could also use added fire or inreased area

Spoiler
desync:
i know, cyclone + multistrike is... kind of the worst thing you could ever do concerning desync
but after some hours of playtime its manageable and you know what to do
i still recommend a /oos script with AHK or alike
Spoiler
^l::
Send {enter}
Sleep 40
Send /oos{enter}
return

you can also link a portal-gem to cast when damage taken, it will be created at your characters "real" position
this way you can right-click (for cyclone) in an open direction and don´t get stuck by spinning against a wall or any other solid world object in the middle of a desync

physical damage is only reduced by 5-6 endurance charges
but you won´t get stunned while in a cyclone

you can use any 1h weapon and evasion-only armor pieces plus a buckler

it kind of plays like MC Hammer (can´t touch this!) with a buzz saw

a video of yellow 68 maps in crap gear (will do some higher level maps later, all yellow ofc!):
Spoiler
http://www.twitch.tv/tathagatagarbha/b/484869998

edit:
new video, yellow level 69-70 maps (one blue 75 at the start):
http://de.twitch.tv/tathagatagarbha/b/484939464

yellow level 70-71 maps
http://www.twitch.tv/tathagatagarbha/b/485108970

3 more VODs (leveling and early maps):

greetings
satori
imagine peace
livestream: twitch.tv/tathagatagarbha
youtube: youtube.com/user/satoriSC
Last edited by satori7 on Dec 5, 2013, 1:17:00 PM
Knight of Fire

IGN: Righteous_Walrus

This build uses high life and fire resist combined with righteous fire to burn enemies around him often before they can even land an attack. What separates this build from other RF marauders is the inclusion of cyclone. Although it doesn't synergize with the spell power from RF it does several other useful things:

1. With the Life Gain On Hit and Faster Attacks support gem cyclone provides ample amounts of life especially in large packs.

2. Applies Elemental Equilibrium to all monster struck.

3. Ignores monster collision allowing RF to effect more monsters in large packs.

4. Keeps the character moving forward. Similar builds use spells to apply Elemental Equilibrium. That requires you to stop and cast.

5. Has a similar AoE as RF. This means 1-4 are happening while enemies are being roasted alive. They might as well be one skill!

Gear
Spoiler

Offhand

Build
Spoiler
http://tinyurl.com/kdruo9p
IGN: Rumthorp
Stream Channel: www.twitch.tv/rumthorp
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Rumthorp
Last edited by Rumthorp on Dec 7, 2013, 5:26:08 AM
So in reality, this is more like Build Of The Month series yeah?
"
Melkrow wrote:
So in reality, this is more like Build Of The Month series yeah?

Usually.
And it was a year between BotW1.15 and BotW2.1.

There are definitely some good builds in this thread, though many of them use legacy items or are otherwise "fully defensive build + 20ex of gear = awesome build". Anything + extremely rare items = awesome, it's pulling off something on the cheap that's more amazing.
Last edited by pneuma on Dec 7, 2013, 11:57:32 PM
Edited: My build does not meet the Season 2 Episode 3 requirements, so I put them into spoiler tag.

Spoiler

Anger Wrath High Attack Speed Dual Weild Elemental Duelist with Lv.4 Reave

This build focuses on the Anger and Wrath aura effect, and Lava rush and Arcing Blow Notable passives, and uses the Reave gem as the primary skill. The gear requirement is quite low even for beginners and also the character is quite tanky with high DPS.

In this build I use Level.4 leave linked with Blood magic, life gain on hit, faster attack and multistrike gems. Since I foucus on Elemental damage, leveling Reave gem gives me little return, so I keep it lv.4. Weapon elemental damage gem does increases the DPS but I focus more on survivability and without the WED gem, the DPS is enough high for those story quests.

For auras, I link Anger and Wrath with Reduced mana gem, so all other gems need Blood magic gem for activation on life.

Here is the skill tree.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAmy2ZK72Bq8VHfmVNhNluab6neA2pbmxGcmwyCRHVns1256cwFCBQR-_jY3A0k7ZBWhpOKluv3Q38xWegh3ZKfVb63Ub8TmOnLOkVIHPhX6r3iIPb_EvOcWwW7g4a2wHnn8s26Fiv-WO95hXwOlgEfocZPs9RR6q4qn-NfY2_BbUM8qXLNj2IaxnX44QOSBGWcLvZEy9vYeKH25P8rs_rjrVItfJuqkrIPycqTasLcsPMBls90Ecj9u_wWkg1kqxZiPH-j03jplcxnrb3ES-ZmutjKaU=

In the tree I pick up the Lava rush and Arcing Blow Notable passives, which increase 30% of fire and lightning weapon damage each, to enhance the Anger and Wrath aura damages, Unwavering stance for stun immunity, dual wield block, attack speed and elemental damage nodes along the way, and also frenzy charge nodes.

For bandits quests, I helped Ork in Normal for life, helped Krytin for attack speed in Cruel, and will help Ork for Endurance charge in Merciless.

On choosing weapons, I only focus on the attack speed so that it enhances the damage from auras and life gain on hit effect. Since the only important mod on weapon is attack speed, I do not have much difficulties finding a decent weapon.

Also there is a unique gloves that synergy very well with this build.
Spoiler

Since I reserve almost all the mana for auras, this gloves give me a free attack speed +, without the drawback of these gloves affecting me at all. In addition, since I use frenzy charges with Blood rage gem, these gloves let share all my charges to party members. But this item is not a must for this build.

This character has decent life, decent armor from Iron-reflex notable passive node, decent dual wielding block chance from two notable dual wield blocking passive nodes, high movement speed and decent accuracy from the Weathered hunter notable passive node, and high mobility with leap slum gem.

[How do I play with this character?]

When I engage with enemies, I activate Anger and Wrath auras, and use Blood rage for Frenzy charges, endurance cry for endurance charges and attack with reave. Since the attack speed is so high, I can tank almost all the bosses.

Additional features for tough bosses here.
Spoiler
For tough bosses, I can swap those main weapons for a fast attack weapon and use the unique Prismatic Blade in off hand, and use Double strike for more life gain on hit effect. This works well because while Double attack performs two fast attacks on target enemy with your main hand melee weapon, the offhand unique Prismatic blade with Green socket enhances the main hand weapon attack speed. Thus with this set up, you have more life gain on hit and less DPS against single enemy without surrounding mobs. But this is not a mandatory at all.

With this build, new players can learn the difference between physical and elemental damages, specifically, how each of them interact with the attack speed and damage mitigation mechanism. I believe this build is very easy to try and very interesting features built in it.

And the best part of this build is playing this character is so fun!

My gears for reference (not single gear is mandatory here):
Spoiler

The final objective of this build would be
Spoiler
to find the Soul Taker Axe by myself and play with below gem setup.

Reave - Faster attack - Multistrike - Life gain on hit - Fire penetration - Lightning penetration

Last edited by JapaneseTaiwanese on Dec 13, 2013, 7:00:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info