1.0.1 Patch Notes

"
gh0un wrote:
"
Janqca wrote:
"
GolbezFF4 wrote:
Sad to see another game company fall into what I like to call "Blizzard syndrome."

Once you start playing "balance musical chairs" you never stop. I really hope you find some better testers who have atleast enough critical thought to tell you why you should or should not make such items, abilities x,y,z way and how it either benefits or harms gameplay.

This is becoming a game of never knowing whether or not your build is going to be viable every 2 weeks because of this never ending musical chairs fiasco. I don't know why, every company these days have adopted these MMO-esque tendencies.

One of the reasons why I couldn't continue playing World of Warcraft is because of this same "never ending musical chair syndrome"

Decide on something, keep it that way. The huge amount of indecisiveness from the dev's lately is very troubling to say the least.

i agree totaly with you devs scaming ppl not testing enough ruining time invested in chars .... and all that in active ladder season ...

Yeah its terrible.

Those "its still in beta, dont worry, your build wont be destroyed every other week once the game is released" phrases are officially useless now.
You shouldnt have promised "no more wipes!" if you cant hold true to that GGG.
Messing with abilities that make or break characters is as close to a character wipe as it gets.
You arent slightly messing with numbers, you completely change how gems work after they have been released into the game. This is unacceptable.

yea.. i think i need to be more carefull to investing morec time/money to every games now..
IGN ; DENTAGRAM
thanks to http://poe.xyz.is/
https://cldly.com/pathofexile/procument/acquisition/poexyz
"
UncleCoord wrote:
its now level 17 and it procs 3-4 times every single fight in map 66-67

You receive 3-4x 2500 dmg every single fight on level 66-67 map? LoL
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
"
leto2626 wrote:
Funny that so many people are raging about the cwdt nerf before they ever tried how it works after the patch.

It really doesnt matter how strong codt is.
The thing i am upset about the most is that they destroyed builds with this mechanics change.
Yes you heard that right, its a build destructive change.
Pretty much everyone left their codt on level 1, while leveling the supported gems to higher levels.

In my case, all the gems are on level 19 except for the two codt gems i am using, which are on level 1. My character is level 85.
Suddenly my character wont be playable anymore because the codt gems dont actually work on those level 19 gems.
In order for my character to work again, i have to level the codt gems until it reaches a level where they can actually support the other gems, until then all those skills dont work, unless i spend currencies to buy new quality gems or use scourings on those level 19 gems.

This is not just a slight change on the gem, it is a mechanical change on how the gem works, potentially making them unusable on many characters, including mine.
How can they actually think that changing how gems work (mechanically), without giving us the currencies to respec them (scourings in particular), is anything other than a character destructive move?
It really isnt much different from changing skillnodes in the skilltree, except that we get a free respec in those cases. Here we wont.

Nerfing gems is fine. Changing how they fundamentally function if it can lead to characters being unable to use them, is not acceptable.
Last edited by gh0un on Nov 12, 2013, 11:23:03 AM
Seen the CWDT nerf coming, large nerf? yes obviously

was it op as shit? yes again

Adapt or die, don't really matter what you think at this point =)
"
fleshreaverpl wrote:
"
leto2626 wrote:
Funny that so many people are raging about the cwdt nerf before they ever tried how it works after the patch. Saying it's completely useless is yes, retarded. How hard is it to be creative? I guess way too hard for most of you build copying idiots. Yes they should never have made this gem so powerful, I hope they learned from this mistake and test it more before releasing it. But that aside a nerf was absolutely needed, it really makes no sense that with a simple 4 link you almost became immortal as melee, open your god damn eyes and stop thinking about me me me my build me me now I have to think again nooo me me me.

do the simple math 2500 dmg taken will either mean:
you already killed the pack by the time u curse/EC/ MS...
You are close to death
Both those situations make CoDT pretty much useless for players that want utility from it, not dmg.

Furthermore, almost EVERY evasion based build will be pretty much screwed as they tend to have less hp and u actually have to take dmg to trigger the gem, there is no cast on damage prevented by dodge/mitigated gem in the game.

And for the part where you say melee is immortal... you clearly didnt play high end maps AND u do not understand that EVERYTHING that CoDT does u can do by yourself but it;s just uncovenienet, yes you can MS/ curse and EC by yourself pretty easily (u know, thats how everybody did it like 3 weeks ago ??) as almost every melee has unnavering stance so stun midcast in no problem, so the only thing this change accomplish is making it more unpleasent and boring for melee chars to play.

Dude what level are you playing at? Because in any map I will easily take 10s of thousands of damage on a big champ pack or a couple of rares and end of map bosses dish out 100s of thousands, seriously you are just pulling this stuff out your ass, as for being close to death, you have no life steal whatsoever? That seems like a poor build.

Also, my armour barbarian can't use ES aura effectively, why do they nerf that so hard? Not every gem works for every build.
"
tmaciak wrote:
"
UncleCoord wrote:
its now level 17 and it procs 3-4 times every single fight in map 66-67

You receive 3-4x 2500 dmg every single fight on level 66-67 map? LoL

Hey if you don't then whats the issue? If you aren't taking the damage to proc it then clearly you can clear the maps well enough without it :) Either way you win.
"
gh0un wrote:

It really doesnt matter how strong codt is.
The thing i am upset about the most is that they destroyed builds with this mechanics change.
Yes you heard that right, its a build destructive change.
Pretty much everyone let their codt on level 1, while leveling the supported gems to higher levels.

In my case, all the gems are on level 19 except for the two codt gems i am using, which are on level 1. My character is level 85.
Suddenly my character wont be playable anymore because the codt gems dont actually work on those level 19 gems.
In order for my character to work again, i have to level the codt gems until it reaches a level where they can actually support the other gems, until then all those skills dont work, unless i spend currencies to buy new quality gems or use scourings on those level 19 gems.

This is not just a slight change on the gem, it is a mechanical change on how the gem works, potentially making them unusable on many characters, including mine.
How can they actually think that changing how gems work (mechanically), without giving us the currencies to respec them (scourings in particular), is anything other than a character destructive move?
It really isnt much different from changing skillnodes in the skilltree, except that we get a free respec in those cases. Here we wont.

Nerfing gems is fine. Changing how they fundamentally function if it can lead to characters being unable to use them, is not acceptable.

agree with everything, just as an fyi, you can use cast on stunned as a stopgap if you respec out of unwavering, it'll at least keep the char playable
LOL @ the people saying we survived without CVWDT but they forget that:

1. We have new areas now with higher density of monsters and a new end Boss Dominus. Many say its piece of cake but that's only true for ppl with good expensive equip and guess what? it was also possible thx to CWDT. I agree the people who used it with Discharge it was very op but ppl who made defensive builds around it are really screwed.
2. We have new rare monsters with new Mods in Nemesis. They are harder and require more defensive features for you to be able to survive, specially melee chars. What made surviving possible are the defensive skills linked to CWDT *aka molten shell and enduring cry). As of now stopping to manually cast them, specially in merciless, equals death. Also using low level versions of those defensive skills also equals death because it doesn't mitigate any damage en game. So in other words you either do range characters or try to survive by manually casting those skills. Its just a situation that obligate players to in most cases needing to re-roll their chars, which is kinda unfair.
3. The main issue that this game still has after release is the constant desync and fps lag, something that should have been fixed ages ago or at least before release but it isn't. For those of us that used CWDT whit defensive skills, it was a great way to "survive" desync.

I agree CWDT needed a nerf but not this there are many post here that give perfect examples on better ways to do balancing changes to CWDT without making it useless or affecting the viability of melee characters specially end game nemesis.
Last edited by HelSkadi on Nov 12, 2013, 11:29:35 AM
Better have an insane life pool for CWDT to be even remotely worth a damn. Really disappointing.

You guys featured it in a BotW and then nerfed it into the ground. Embarrassing.

I still don't understand how this wasn't obvious that this support was OP when you guys were testing it before release.
Nerf to CWDT was absolutely needed. Was ridiculously OP, and it will still be strong after the patch IMO.

The qq'ing over certain high end uniques only dropping in the highest ilevels was needed IMO, and thankfully GGG listened.

However many people love CWDT because it allows them to faceroll content. It elevates people to god mode. Where's the challenge in that?
IGN: _Firebitch

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info