1.0.1 Patch Notes

Who on earth will play a melee character and will cast Molten Shell + pull pack + cast curse + cast Enduring Cry and then attack ?
"Zazan":
*Cast On Damage Taken: The level requirement of gems augmented by Cast on Damage Taken may not exceed the level requirement of the Cast on Damage Taken gem.
*Fixed a bug where people logged in to play
I like how its called "cast WHEN damage taken" but not even Chris calls it that :P
Last edited by Grottsa on Nov 13, 2013, 3:20:58 AM
"
Jayserix wrote:
"
da_neo wrote:
CwDT was OP. 99% of all players used it not because it was hard to cast all the things manually but because it was OP.

Molten Shell @ 20 gives 2.300 damage and 1k armour. Before this change you had these permanently. A bit too much for just one passive gem. But now add other spells like Enduring Cry and Immortal Call or smth.

And if you complain that much that it's not OP, but just too much of a hassle to cast it manually, okay. Add the unerfed CwDT but dont make the skills cost nothing.

Molten Shell @ 20 = 70 Mana
Enduring Cry @ 20 = 26 Mana
Immortal Call@ 20 = 41 Mana

You procced CwDT every second pre nerf. That's 137 Mana/second you dont have to spend. My Scion is level 61 (not much, but yeah) and was the first of my chars who used CwDT. I have with Eldritch Battery like 600 Mana at most.

So you can bs me all you want, but CwDT was too OP pre nerf. Go sit in a Corner and cry. If this srsly destroyed your build, then gratz, you just proofed my point.

You just joined the ignorant wagon : Everyone agreed on the fact that it was op, on the other hand everyone also agreed that now it's useless and makes melee gameplay slow and dull

it's far feom useless now, it's still bwtter than having nothing that you actually cast in your sockets. and it is not just that, it triggers quite often still on level 20 to have molten shells, enduring cries, curses etc against most opponents.

especially the part where you argue it needs to be builddefining to make melee play fun is bullshit. ask for melee chqnges then and not for keeping a single support gem irrationally stronger than anything else in the game.
Welp. There goes my entire character, unfortunately. Nerfs to both Purity (though this is less drastic), and CoDT meaning that all the gems I'm using LINKED to CoDT are useless until I can somehow replace them / grind enough to afford the currency items to delevel them?

I think I'll just take a break from PoE. I was letting it take up too much of my time.
Reduced mana is what ? The second best support gem in game, does that mean it should be nerfed ?

And when you say the gem is "irrationally stronger", do you imply that manually casting molten shell + a curse and enduring cry makes your character "irrationally stronger" too ?
"Zazan":
*Cast On Damage Taken: The level requirement of gems augmented by Cast on Damage Taken may not exceed the level requirement of the Cast on Damage Taken gem.
"
Jayserix wrote:
Who on earth will play a melee character and will cast Molten Shell + pull pack + cast curse + cast Enduring Cry and then attack ?

any player playing Nemesis.
IGN TylordRampage
"
The item drop quantity and rarity for Map bosses has been increased.

you mean for merveil/vaal/piety/dominus and maybe brutus ... because others give the same low amount of loot.

"
While playing End-game Maps, you are now more likely to find higher level Maps.

first map for today, a 70
rare mob, potential 66-72, gave 66;
magic mob, potential 66-71, gave 67.
lol

and regarding the old purity aura it is almost useless now.
maybe it'll be shortly used just to cap resists for some chars that dont have yet capped their resists through gear/items.
It doesnt even give +1 to max resists even if you have lots of "% increased effect of buffs on you" from passive tree.
so capped resists through gear and select "elemental adaptation" for passive tree

regarding cwdt is just normal you "corrected" it somehow.
Whats mind blowing is what was going through that heads oy yours when you put it in the game in the op form that it was. I mean it was so obvious that it'll be so powerful even a 5-year old child could have seen it. But not you.
"
Malone wrote:
"
Jayserix wrote:

Just because YOU do it, doesn't mean everybody does it /rolleyes
"Zazan":
"
Jayserix wrote:

exactly, for a second there, I thought that gem actually solve this issue and I also starts to play some melee characters. but now..... sigh.......

Most melee build require specific level, or gears. But with this gem, I can actually play without worry with just normal rare gears.

I was wondering if GGG are able to collect data of % of melee/range char in domination (or, after the trigger gem release). My guess is a increase of melee players due to that gem. But of course I wouldn't know, just a guess.
"
Malone wrote:
"
Jayserix wrote:

I think what Jayserix is trying to say is, comparing to range charter, melee character gotta do all these steps more than range characters before they went into a pack of strong mobs. And it's kinda time consuming, so yeah.... if GGG want to nerf CoDT, they should at least lower the damage taken value a bit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info