[1.2.0] How to Smash Heads.Guide for a CI Facebreaker Witch with Infernal blow2

cute scrubcore build ... dont call this hc viable, thats a joke ... low es and abyssus mod make it sc only

put simply, you dont have enough es for hc / nemesis ... look at sallazang and carnage videos ... how close you got ... and those were without dmg mods. (extra ltng dmg without -max res on carnage is not nothing, but it could have been far worse with dmg / boss dmg / vuln which effect the physical part or -res to double or triple the ele dmg taken ... you were at less than 1k es)

Also, AA shield? use rathpith ... more es and spell block. AA is useless, you have like 3k armor? 4% of that is 120ES on block ... you one shot trash packs so barely anything hits you, the only worry would be bosses and some rhoa or golem packs, where 120es refresh just wont cut it.
Last edited by theamazingjojo on Nov 15, 2013, 6:18:37 AM
"
look at sallazang and carnage videos ... how close you got ... and those were without dmg mods

Sallazang was close because i was doing this map for the very first time with this build (second in total). All of the following fights with him were without even dropping below 100% Es... the key is to simply dodge his first EK cast ( which is very easy) that's all...
For the given Sallazang video pay attention that it has Elemental reflect... after this fight i've realized that i simply can't do elemental reflect maps with 40k dps.. so basicly it was me who was responsible for the situation
As for Carnage... suviving direct hit from him is hardy close to death... simply because surviving that single smash attack is enough, he won't be alive to cast it second time and even if he does.. you'll be already at full ES

As for the "and those were without dmg mods" anyone can put some brainwork into what to do and not to do... because really what's the point in doing Dual Boss ; 4 extra projectiles; -20% max resists; +100% lightning damage ; Temporal chains Temple map.. i don't feel the need to mesure my PoE p*nis.. if someone has that urge.. good for him/her

"
put simply, you dont have enough es for hc / nemesis

Well most of the videos are on low level (82-83) ... on level 87 (if the calculations are correct) i'll have around 5400 ES... and that's without GG Es chest (it's very good but 550 can't qualify as a godly chest)

"
Also, AA shield? use rathpith ... more es and spell block. AA is useless, you have like 3k armor? 4% of that is 120ES on block ... you one shot trash packs so barely anything hits you, the only worry would be bosses and some rhoa packs, where 120es refresh just wont cut it.

Really rathpith... as you can see i have no problems with spells... Extra Es.. that's cool ... but i'll lose 4% block; 10% resists ( ill need to spend skill points to cmpensate) -5% max cold (which is very helpful vs freeze); lose some armour; as for the 120ES on block it is insanely helpful in many cases ( many times i leave trash mobs to hit me when i deal with tough for the build bosses ; many fast projectile using bosses - harbinger; sallazang etc.)
And its around 3k armour without molten shell

In the end if you want to be more tanky and do everything without any poblems it's enough to just get rid of the Abyssus(you'll still have around 25k DPS) and put on a nice AR/ES Helmet...if you are an experienced hardcore player... this should be very first thing to come to your mind...
Doing only level 74+ maps... without dying ... i thought what hardcore means is that you must be able to do endgame content without dying? Well i do stay alive.. what's the problem here? Anyway i can't compare to a cool kid like you.. you're a tough hardcore player.. and i'm a scrubcore joke.. so i'm probably wrong in all points :)

P.S. I find it very disrespectful to comment with an alternative account(Made today). Atleast make your claims with your name to stand by them!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Nov 15, 2013, 7:15:28 AM
i dont want to go into a long tirade / argument / discussion, but i will stick with my points. Mainly:-

Anything with less than 6k es / hp isnt hc viable. Or anything with abyssus for that matter.

Rathpith gains of spell block and ES is huge. Losing 3 block is ok. Cold res is useless, the least dangerous element, and for freeze use pots. The es regen is too small where it would count, big hits. You have vaal pact and big dmg, I dont know why you would need it anyway.

The bosses you fought got you within an inch of your life and they werent particularly hard mods. The video shows all, why you wanna debate this?

Since you say things like 'i dont need spell block, just avoid the hit', it shows you dont know what i am on about or have not played hc league. We have one life only there.

Ele reflect? Use life leech gem, you can leech the ele dmg and explosions, and you will never die. Vaal pact rolls on a per hit basis, and as long as you dont die in one hit before the leech is applied, you are ok. EVen with a 50k hp monster and double ele relfect and a -res map you will survive. The spell block works on the explosions btw, more reason for rathpith. And the block and physical leech will let you catch up to it.

50000 x 0.25 x 0.33 x 0.5 = 2062
"Anything with less than 6k es / hp isnt hc viable. Or anything with abyssus for that matter."

I think i was clear about that point.. if you want to Play hardcore just get rid of the Abyssus and put an ES or AR/ES helmet... at level 87 the ES is well over 6500 with such a setup

"Since you say things like 'i dont need spell block, just avoid the hit' "
manualy avoiding many things in PoE is a nobrainer. Things like Vaal Oversoul and the said Sallzzag EK attack

And yes i don't see the reason for more spell block chance ( for proof just see the Residence boss fight.. the video btw makes it perfectly clear that AA is extremely useful)

Anyway for Hardcore if someone feels the need for more spell block he can simply have the Rathpith on swap for hard hitting spellcaster.

"The bosses you fought got you within an inch of your life and they werent particularly hard mods. The video shows all, why you wanna debate this?"
Already explained that, why do you wanna debate it?

and i don't see how a 1600ES (from 4500) from a Carnage attack that he has the chance to use only once is "an inch of my life"

For the Elemental Reflect you are absolutely correct - really forgot about the life leech gem. Thank you for reminding me.

So basicly swapping Abyssus with ES helmet and having Rathpith on swap makes the build hardcore vaible... by your exact standarts... with 280 ES helmet(you know that 280 is nothing spectacular) and rathpith it's 6158 ES at level 85... at level 87 you'll have 30% more Es from the passive tree...so it would be way above 6500.. and the dps is ~23000

P.S. I still can't understand why do you use a fictive account to post comments...
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Nov 15, 2013, 9:31:55 AM
And just 2 screenshot because i like to backup my claims and i don't like to throw numbers without proof

With

Spoiler

With

Spoiler

Is this enough "hardcore" vialbe for you theamazingjojo?
Or is it still a "scrubcore" joke?
Last edited by KorgothBG on Nov 16, 2013, 4:06:22 AM
Well the thing is, without abyssus you are losing ~45% of your dps and its just not the same build anymore. Your VP leeching will suffer greatly as a result. And its just not the same build anymore. But yeah you can even get up to 8k es with good helm / chest and more ES nodes.
How does it makes it "a different" build?
Same skills. Same core item. Same idea behind the build. Same skill tree. Same offensive and defensive mechanics.
Sure i deal "only" around 23k dps... but that's more than enough to kill anyhting and to have enough for life leeching...
Last edited by KorgothBG on Nov 16, 2013, 4:11:15 AM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
How does it makes it "a different" build?
Same skills. Same core item. Same idea behind the build. Same skill tree. Same offensive and defensive mechanics.
Sure i deal "only" around 23k dps... but that's more than enough to kill anyhting and to have enough for life leeching...

yes its the same build and hc viable. well done
Sarcastic or not... thank you.
Fixed your 110 build.
Same ES and skill points,8 more res, 10% more ES cooldown recovery, 40% more evasion (that will benefit in party when someone is running grace) and 10 more DEX witch will help on itemizing.
Now you can take skill point over 8 res on normal bandit quest reward and get more ES.

And yea, I am the same guy that fixed your block in your marauder facebreaker build :).

Your welcome.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Nov 16, 2013, 10:38:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info