Why do we heal completely on levelup?

Why does leveling up heals a character completely in POE?

Back in Diablo2 (can't quite remember if Diablo had the same behavior) this made sense for new characters: You don't have to buy hundreds of potions at level 1, as you would get a heal when you hit level 2, 3, etc.

But in POE flasks removed the need to buy potions anyway. So what's the reason for healing a character completely (even recharging flasks) when he levels up?
It just feels awkward and out of place.
I beat cruel, ruthless and merciless and all I got were some maps.
XBone: the beginning of the end.
I think it's like a way to show that you leveled up, and to award the player. I don't think there is any other reason.
GGG doing it right.
It doesn't feel awkward to me, i like that aspect of leveling and would hate to see it go away. It's a reward for leveling, nothing more.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

At least it's better than killing an enemy, leveling up and somehow learning a new skill in the process. :) I don't have a problem with gaining health when we level up. And besides, this is mostly an issue in the early levels. After 20+ levels, it will take some time between each time you gain a level, so you won't notice it much.
"And that's how you die properly, sailor boy."
(The Witch)
Because levelling up should feel empowering.
Sometime level up saves my skin. I like the feature and would hate to see it dropped.
RIP Bolto
it's pretty fine by me..:D
What most others said in this thread already, its a small (or big, depending on your situation) reward for leveling up.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
There's hardly a more epic experience than to get saved by a levelup in hardcore.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
"
peachii wrote:
It doesn't feel awkward to me, i like that aspect of leveling and would hate to see it go away. It's a reward for leveling, nothing more.

Same, i like it this way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info