Content Update 1.0.1 Video Preview

"
t_golgari wrote:

But the 3-4% max res You could get out of purity arent THAT important.

on the contrary, they are quite important.

so, I actually expect elemental adaptation to be removed (or similar node introduced on opposite side of the tree)

and I can see items like saffel's frame nerfed in the future.

max resist is the ONLY way to further reduce spell elemental damage in the game besides spellblock (and now mana shield). which is basically the only real way for a ton of builds that do not stack block or go EB+MS

a difference of 10% max resist is day and night. theres a reason a temple piety or magaera is MUCH easier to kill with a topaz/ruby flask. a difference of 6% is still huge. 3-4% is very good.

going from 75 to 80 max resists in elemental damage is equivalent in physical damage reduction to FIVE extra endurance charges.
thats right, FIVE endurance charges
Last edited by grepman on Nov 11, 2013, 9:11:49 PM
"
Melkrow wrote:
POE "solo" players are the most self centered and entitled assholes I've ever seen in a gaming community.

Coming from a guy that plays solo 95% of the time.

You have convinced yourself that solo is fine so it must be that way for every-1.

Hey every-1 MelKrow says solo-ing is fine we must ALL be mistaken
phew and I though the 2 years of play for little or nothing in terms of orbs or top tier uniques was a un fun thing.

sigh.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
Last edited by maxor on Nov 11, 2013, 9:41:46 PM
"
Omniclasm wrote:
Nerfing Purity absolutely hits groups harder than solo players, since an aura is a group buff.

This is by far the dumbest sentence I have ever read in this forum.

Why isn't there some sort of punishment system to deal with abject stupidity?
Last edited by elitedesolator on Nov 11, 2013, 9:46:23 PM
"
Regarding the Purity balance changes, they seriously improve the game. When a skill is so clearly dominant then it needs to be improved so that there are more decisions related to its use. This change hopefully helps Righteous Fire players because they're able to get close to the Max Fire Resistance cap without also becoming immune to other elements at the same time.

I understand that rebalance within a ladder season has large consequences, but it's for the best of the game if we continue to improve its balance more frequently. It was far worse to leave Spork Totems so dominant for much of this year. I would rather we keep new builds flowing through balance improvements rather than letting the metagame stagnate.

There are balance changes you'll hopefully unanimously appreciate coming in the near future. We process a lot of feedback and have some neat stuff in the works. Until then, please try the new aura skills and let us know your feedback after you've played with them!

still not good idea to add them chris its wast of your time making resist auras purity was good the way it is are you going to remove health pots because people use them? if you dont want people to use it make the resist cap more then 75 and add more max resist in skill tree or support gem for auras.. or make new gem that could be fun to use we dont need resist auras.. + it look like its only going to have +3 max on the resist aura you use.. And that low not worth using if its +15 to max or more then your talking people might use it like 10% of player most people are low on 2 resist and are not going to use the new gem to up the resist on 1 wen thy need more..
i would say scrap them and put out one of the other new aura gem your working on this is only another gem that will sit in my stash and never use ..

where my blood Energy gem that use es for skill like blood magic or passive point in skill tree.

one more thing mana cost on auras are to high drop it to 50% 60% way to much i need mana to attack and im not going to go all over the skill tree to get all the mana reservation nods not worth it ..

i have 100+ people in my guild and we all think its not worth it the new resist gem
Last edited by ePuff on Nov 11, 2013, 11:23:31 PM
"
D0ndarion wrote:
"
Melkrow wrote:
POE "solo" players are the most self centered and entitled assholes I've ever seen in a gaming community.

Coming from a guy that plays solo 95% of the time.

What? What a great imbecilic sweeping generalization you have applied to all solo players

But let's say that it's true

Why are they not entitled to play a video game they spend spend money on (in most cases) in a manner they deem fun. I thought entertainment was a form of self indulgence?

f2play

also, qq more.

thanks for proving my point. the entitlement continues even in a free 2 play game, nice.

Last edited by Melkrow on Nov 11, 2013, 10:51:26 PM
four thirty sixth! woot!!
Any betrayal you can see is trivial, What is truly frightening and much more lethal is the
betrayal you cannot see.ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
_____________________________________IGN is Syphiroth_
this is a respected list for reasons.
rrtson
Last edited by Tipherith on Nov 12, 2013, 12:16:14 AM
Where is the patch notes? :D
Seriously... more nerfs? I never really messed too much with auras before 1.0 BC well everyone just threw them all on and went...it was a no brainer. So I would do it with out the big ones to be different.

With 1.0 came the changes so everyone cried bc it was to difficult to stack them so I have been developing my own specs to make it happen..especially with purity...which never received the big buff. Now, like most other things you are fucking nerfing it too..... God Damn it just wasted my free respecs on several bc went away from my norm and neglected res in the tree BC I wanted to try it. Now just fuck all. Whats with all the nerfs. You guys are to fucking heavy handed.
"
Shimaran wrote:
"
Kamro wrote:
With each "Content Update" Solo Players get dismantled more.

I feel the same as you, the real problem is that playing in groups makes the game unplayable (at least for me). So i have to stick with solo play and its very poor looting system (sometimes i even miss D3 loot ><)
Yep, same here. I'm a solo player due to hardware constraints and also by choice. However it's getting harder and harder - I might have to install Diablo / LoD on an old laptop and play off-line. :-/
~DemiDemon~

Playing almost every day since Beta version 0.9.1 in 2011.
I tell ya...if this is the direction it's going and it's here to stay then I am sad to say that I feel I have wasted my money. I will contribute money no longer. Nerfing everything is no fun. Breaking builds because we planned around purity is no good. Its clear now the approach of this company. Introduce really cool and fun suit then bam sorry and screw you. No fun for you we are hardcore.

If you would want to play a game like this then honestly your taste sucks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info