Content Update 1.0.1 Video Preview

Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
FearTHeFrO wrote:
Sad that there was no mention of Pvp tournaments season 1 in the video, hopefully there will be more info in the new patch notes? It's something I'm really looking forward to but at the same time am quite optimistic that anything will come of it to make the pvp community any better than it is now.

The new PvP season with the tournaments is starting within a few weeks. We haven't timed it to start exactly on the beginning of the race season. More details will be released as soon as they're ready.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
My understanding is that the art department is still iterating on how the charges look. As I explained in the video, I filmed it on an early unfinished version of the patch. We'll make sure they look awesome. It's worth noting that the purpose of the charge redesign is so that they can be clearly read on a very busy screen (especially if lots of players or monsters have charges). I did not present it well in the video (by zooming in with nothing else happening). Sorry!

Regarding the Purity balance changes, they seriously improve the game. When a skill is so clearly dominant then it needs to be improved so that there are more decisions related to its use. This change hopefully helps Righteous Fire players because they're able to get close to the Max Fire Resistance cap without also becoming immune to other elements at the same time.

I understand that rebalance within a ladder season has large consequences, but it's for the best of the game if we continue to improve its balance more frequently. It was far worse to leave Spork Totems so dominant for much of this year. I would rather we keep new builds flowing through balance improvements rather than letting the metagame stagnate.

There are balance changes you'll hopefully unanimously appreciate coming in the near future. We process a lot of feedback and have some neat stuff in the works. Until then, please try the new aura skills and let us know your feedback after you've played with them!
I have to agree about running content faster when solo. The community hasn't caught on yet that party play is incredibly slow in the new leagues. Without the crazy IIQ bonuses, it's pretty much the same as solo play in terms of drops - only monsters have 6 times more health, and the loot is being split six ways.

I run Piety solo: It takes 10 minutes or less, and even then I'm killing mob groups because at 79 I can still gain XP. I get a bunch of rares and a bunch of currency every run. Anything sweet that drops is mine for the taking.

I run Piety in a group: It takes 20-30 minutes, I get zero or one random currency if I'm lucky, and I get almost nothing from Piety herself. Anything orange that drops has an additional 5 out of 6 chance to allocate to someone else.

I stopped running Piety in groups when I had 14 runs in a row where not a single yellow, orange, or currency drop allocated to me upon her death. That's right: I spent roughly 5 hours running Piety, and received not a single item, instead being forced to stare helplessly at a big list of greys over and over.

Solo play is where it's at right now. Pardon my french, but party play is a goddamn trick grind, and you're wasting your time with it.
Last edited by M59Gar on Nov 11, 2013, 4:53:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info