PoE you are a life saver!

"
nexter wrote:
Is that all you got? Naming the color of a old outdated game system and calling me an idiot? Thats it?

As Tom pointed out but feel like I should defend myself as well I was pointing out how long I have been gaming. And by your remark you're not familiar with what I'm referring to meaning I have been gaming longer than you.

And if you read my post I don't think I called you an idiot, that was you who said it was it not??

Yeah it was here's the quote :]

"
nexter wrote:
Just because a game is old doesnt mean it is dead you moron. Counter Strike, CSS, Day of defeat are still popualr games. The reason they are alive tho is becauce they dont have cash cows trying to pump every dime out of them. You sir are an idiot.

You said I was a new gamer and I only set out to prove the point that I was not "new". It was the best game of it's time and anybody who was around back then would agree. Just like Super Metroid for SNES, Super Smash Bros for N64, Occarina of Time for N64, Goldeneye for N64. I've been here for all of them and still play a lot of them!

Thanks Tom for the reinforcement. And Nexter I posted in your thread b/c you attacked a game company who is a top seller in EVERYTHING they release, so I posted my opinion. Which by no means can I say is right.. just an opinion. Just trying to open people's minds a little that's all :] Like I said before being closed minded will get you nowhere in this world.
"
Rix wrote:
Haha, funny vid.

But well, what can I say nexter and xPyrox u r both right and wrong.

First of all - nexter - u behave like a aggressive kid, its stupid to rage about someone else decisions. They ruin THEIR game, not urs sir - they need amounts, maybe most pros won't like what they do, but remember - games nowadays are aimed at masses.

Secondly - Blizzard/Activision - Yeah, the developing team of their games is what I like maybe, but the owners of that sh!* made their games go GIVE US MOAR MONEY! So well, dont rage at company but at their owners for being greedy bit**es :D.

And last thing - I've played all titles u wrote here and many many more. I hate that we can't play Starcraft 2 over lan when we make a lanparty. But well, Starcraft, CS 1.6 and other games are still alive ^^

Keep your cool, everyone ;)

Also just to elaborate a little deeper on this. The owners do make the final calls but as a public traded company (which GGG is not I'm pretty sure and Blizzard is) you have to satisfy your investors and stakeholders. You have no choice, if you don't you can drive your company underground even if you make the best game in the world! So you have to show the investors and stakeholders how you are going to make money off said game, and lately with the way the economy is just saying 'well it'll cost 60$' is not a good enough answer. That's not even the owners fault at this point.. But anyways atleast Blizzard never takes the stance to force you to buy things to have a good game experience? The only questionable option is the ability to 'buy power' in the upcoming D3. Problem is... this already happened in D2 and is unpreventable whether Blizzard approves it or not. Their stance is definately questionable but I choose to stay on their side for this one b/c if a company is going to illegally profit off their material and they can't stop it.. well I'd rather the money go to Blizzard rather than some other D3 website. B/c that means more games! :] Not arguing your point Rix b/c for the most part it's completely true.. just wanted to take a dive a little deeper into the subject.
Super way 2 long. Didnt read any of them.
"
nexter wrote:

No reason to respond then eh?
Lol hating on blizzard for being good at making games... trolls these days! pathetic dont even know why your trying to talk about them when this forums is for PoE go to the off topic forum yo
"
nexter wrote:

Your an a-hole. Sorry to say.

And why on earth do you say that Acti-Blizz is failing? How many people don't you think like their games? I played CoD, SC1-WC2/3, D1/D2, WoW and most of their other games. I've had some good times, got bored after a long while. For some reason, their games has had me hooked playing the most. But who doesn't get bored of games? Well some don't, so why shouldn't they continue?
"
nexter wrote:

And this is supposed to make us care or agree with you more?

It's interesting how much you mock someone who supports (or sees some positive at least) Blizzard as, essentially, corporate shills in exactly the same that other people mock the "sheeple." I won't expect you to find the irony in that, though.
Old Tom Bombadil is a merry fellow,
Bright blue his jacket is, and his boots are yellow.
None has ever caught him yet, for Tom, he is the master:
His songs are stronger songs, and his feet are faster.
"
TomBombadil wrote:
"
nexter wrote:

It's interesting how much you mock someone who supports (or sees some positive at least) Blizzard as, essentially, corporate shills in exactly the same that other people mock the "sheeple." I won't expect you to find the irony in that, though.

Tom you just earned my beta friend invite.. that is when I get into the beta, and then get the friend invite. :P
"
xPyrox wrote:
"
TomBombadil wrote:
"
nexter wrote:

Tom you just earned my beta friend invite.. that is when I get into the beta, and then get the friend invite. :P

Hahaha! You had me excited for a second there! :P

I certainly wouldn't say no if that situation were to arise. ;)

By the way, since old school gaming has been brought into the conversation, you ever play an Atari?
Old Tom Bombadil is a merry fellow,
Bright blue his jacket is, and his boots are yellow.
None has ever caught him yet, for Tom, he is the master:
His songs are stronger songs, and his feet are faster.
Whoa, whoa, whoa... whoa. Wait a second here... Are you THE Tom Bombadil?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info