[Release]Ingame Itemlevel and DPS Display using Autohotkey

"
BeardyWill wrote:
"
Lask001 wrote:
It's not really an opinion - I mean, the script may be rules invalid by GGG, and not allowed, but that in no way makes it similar to map hack.

Humor doesn't translate well over the internet. Having a degree does not make you educated, and I wasn't using in a literal sense, more just to call your logic shitty. Maybe my word choice was poor.

I'm not arguing if the it should, or should not be allowed via GGG's rule, because bottom line, both of our opinions don't matter in this regard.

Name one actual advantage you gain that provides a tangible benefit over a player not using the script.

I never said that this was a maphack, I was arguing that "this is freely available to everyone, therefore it is not an advantage" was false, using D2 maphack as an example.

If you don't accept degrees or wit as forms as intelligence or education then you'd have to write to my Uni and ask for a character reference.

One actual advantage would be not having to type /itemlevel for each item or spend a few seconds calculating DPS. I would've thought that would be obvious, given that you can, presumably, read?

How is that an advantage if it takes little to no effort to do manually?
"
Nephalim wrote:
why isnt ilvl already displayed on the gear by default. having to do a console command to see something as vital as ilvl is absolutely poor and lazy game design.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
"
BeardyWill wrote:

Bottom line is GGG does not allow any third-party programs to be used in conjunction with the game.

Can you please stop talking out of your ass. http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/473902

"
BeardyWill wrote:
Which is exactly what this is.

Again, I feel sorry for people like you. Here, let me explain it to you in a way you may understand:

The link above gives EXPLICIT permission from GGG to use AHK to send SINGLE commands *TO* the client. This already invalidates all of your posts in this thread.

Second, the script in this thread sends NOTHING to the client. But here's the kicker: it takes NOTHING FROM the client either. Making this script 100% independent of GGG's control.

Please, having a degree in a non-related subject, does not make you an expert on, nor even educated enough, to comment on a totally separate matter. Or, do you believe an epidemiologist should be making policy decisions on the economy.

EDIT:
"Checkmate Atheists" - *
Last edited by JackDangiels on Nov 11, 2013, 1:04:44 PM
"
JackDangiels wrote:
"
BeardyWill wrote:

Bottom line is GGG does not allow any third-party programs to be used in conjunction with the game.

Can you please stop talking out of your ass. http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/473902

"
BeardyWill wrote:

Again, I feel sorry for people like you. Here, let me explain it to you in a way you may understand:

The link above gives EXPLICIT permission from GGG to use AHK to send SINGLE commands *TO* the client. This already invalidates all of your posts in this thread.

Second, the script in this thread sends NOTHING to the client. But here's the kicker: it takes NOTHING FROM the client either. Making this script 100% independent of GGG's control.

Please, having a degree in a non-related subject, does not make you an expert on, nor even educated enough, to comment on a totally separate matter. Or, do you believe an epidemiologist should be making policy decisions on the economy.

You forgot to say "Checkmate Atheists" for effect.

EDIT: Such win.
Last edited by Lask001 on Nov 11, 2013, 1:03:45 PM
On the topic of Autohotkey.

I don't feel GGG is going to be lenient toward allowing players to use scripts, no matter how harmless they are, or the good intentions and features they bring.

That said, I can foresee them changing their "spoken" policy and tell users it is not allowed.
I can also foresee them removing all related topics.

Even though a lot of players have good intentions, a script is a script.
Read this carefully.
Anything that automates any process, is an unfair advantage.
Which can thus be defined as cheating. That is my fair opinion.

That includes simply using "/oos", "/itemlevel", "/remaining", and even logout scripts.

What I would like a shift in design is, allowing players to create third party applications similar to EVE online, where it can access (READ) the data without authentication.

Right now, a very favored tool in PoE is call Procurement.
It's a very useful trade tool that simplifies posting items to threads.
Although right now, even being open source, players must submit their login information.
I don't like that.

If there was a system in place like EVE, we don't need to send them our login info.
The community can create useful applications for trading, crafting, tool tips, experience counters, ... essentially anything you can think of.

I hope GGG seriously considers this in their design, which could be introduced and released in future a future update.

---------------------
Getting back to the topic, this gives me an idea for creating an interface for crafting.

Basically what it would do is check what mods, prefixes and suffixes, are on an item.
Then it would tell you what level range that mod is, and what tier roll it is.
Tier 1 being highest and tier 5 being lowest, for example.

This would make crafting for some players much easier, without having to look up what rolls are good and what rolls are bad.

-----------------
The reason I bring this up, is because I recently came across a script that is borderline cheating. I won't give any details what it is, but it automates a few actions that would be deemed bannable in my opinion.

I don't think it was Chris's intention to give the green light for players to create their own scripts.

The reason being is because they lack the interface I described above, and players are currently creating their own scripts in it's place.

One of these things has to change.
Because the community will continue to use scripts, until they are deemed bannable.
Players want useful interfaces, and currently the only "allowed" way to do this is with some scripts.

There is a difference between scripts which automate a process/action, and design interfaces that merely provide users more information.

It is this distinction that is where players would be defined as cheating.
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
Last edited by Hixxie on Nov 11, 2013, 1:19:33 PM
"
On the topic of Autohotkey.

I don't feel GGG is going to be lenient toward allowing players to use scripts, no matter how harmless they are, or the good intentions and features they bring.

That said, I can foresee them changing their "spoken" policy and tell users it is not allowed.
I can also foresee them removing all related topics.

Even though a lot of players have good intentions, a script is a script.
Anything that automates any process, is an unfair advantage.
Which can thus be defined as cheating.

What I would like a shift in design is, allowing players to create third party applications similar to EVE online, where it can access (READ) the data without authentication.

Right now, a very favored tool in PoE is call Procurement.
It's a very useful trade tool that simplifies posting items to threads.
Although right now, even being open source, players must submit their login information.
I don't like that.

If there was a system in place like EVE, we don't need to send them our login info.

I hope GGG seriously considers this in their design, which could be introduced and released in future a future update.

---------------------
Getting back to the topic, this gives me an idea for creating an interface for crafting.

Basically what it would do is check what mods, prefixes and suffixes, are on an item.

This would make crafting for some players much easier, without having to look up what rolls are good and what rolls are bad.

You should read two posts above yours. It pretty much invalidates everything you have to say.
"

Being last to the party is never fun :(

http://www.exaltingpoe.com/
http://www.poemods.com/index
Last edited by JackDangiels on Nov 11, 2013, 1:12:29 PM
"
JackDangiels wrote:
"
BeardyWill wrote:

"
BeardyWill wrote:

EDIT:
"Checkmate Atheists" - *

Ah, then I am entirely wrong about third-party programs then. My understanding was anything that was used in conjunction with actual gameplay was prohibited. My bad.

I was called uneducated by someone else - I wasn't trying to justify my opinions with a chemistry degree, which would be ridiculous.

Either way, I was explaining my opinion, which is that though this may be feasible, it is not a part of the game and is used for advantage, which I feel is unsporting.

Cheers for correcting me on the third-party bits though.
"
Lask001 wrote:

You should read two posts above yours. It pretty much invalidates everything you have to say.

While Chris has given a green light, I do not feel it is justified.
I have edited my post that adds more information, regarding what is automation and what is an interface.
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
"
BeardyWill wrote:

Ah, then I am entirely wrong about third-party programs then. My understanding was anything that was used in conjunction with actual gameplay was prohibited. My bad.

I was called uneducated by someone else - I wasn't trying to justify my opinions with a chemistry degree, which would be ridiculous.

Either way, I was explaining my opinion, which is that though this may be feasible, it is not a part of the game and is used for advantage, which I feel is unsporting.

Cheers for correcting me on the third-party bits though.

Cheers for being a good sport about it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info