[Release]Ingame Itemlevel and DPS Display using Autohotkey

It seems like a very good program.
Will definitely use if GGG says it's OK.
The script seems to have some nice quality of life improvements to it but until we get an official response I rather not risk it.

I mean those features should be already in the game, maybe as an advanced mode option because after all they said they didn't want to overwhelm the new players with so much information but what about the old players and the min-maxers, is it ok for them to spam /itemlevel and keep a calculator/pen and paper handy very so often ?

Don't see any unfair advantage here just convenience.
i wouldnt mind using this handy little AHK script, but i would very much like to see a GGG post validating or invalidating the "legality" (or whatever the term would be) of it. i'm dead sure i'm not the only one.

GGG mods/GMs, can you please post a ruling yea or nay as regards use of this script? the community would be very much greatful.
"
Lask001 wrote:
In the order of your comments -

False equivalency, I explained it pretty cut and dry, if you can't understand it, not my problem.

Nationality has nothing to do with education, and the fact that you would use that as evidence proves my point nicely.

It makes the game more convenient, which I clearly said in my previous comment. I'm not sure how that is a tangible benefit, it's just a quality of life thing.

Well cheers for finally getting your opinion out.

It seems humour is lost on you - I was just playing to stereotypes that the British are well educated. Which they are. Does a Chemistry degree help?

Bottom line is GGG does not allow any third-party programs to be used in conjunction with the game. Which is exactly what this is.

I'd argue that if you use the aforementioned overlay then you are doing it for some benefit. Benefit is advantage, advantage is unsporting.

well let's see:

Alt+F4 legaues use AHK for, well, alt+f4
tons of people use AHK to bind /oos.

Does GGG mind? Not that I can see.
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
"
BeardyWill wrote:
"
Lask001 wrote:
In the order of your comments -

False equivalency, I explained it pretty cut and dry, if you can't understand it, not my problem.

Nationality has nothing to do with education, and the fact that you would use that as evidence proves my point nicely.

It makes the game more convenient, which I clearly said in my previous comment. I'm not sure how that is a tangible benefit, it's just a quality of life thing.

Well cheers for finally getting your opinion out.

It seems humour is lost on you - I was just playing to stereotypes that the British are well educated. Which they are. Does a Chemistry degree help?

Bottom line is GGG does not allow any third-party programs to be used in conjunction with the game. Which is exactly what this is.

I'd argue that if you use the aforementioned overlay then you are doing it for some benefit. Benefit is advantage, advantage is unsporting.

It's not really an opinion - I mean, the script may be rules invalid by GGG, and not allowed, but that in no way makes it similar to map hack.

Humor doesn't translate well over the internet. Having a degree does not make you educated, and I wasn't using in a literal sense, more just to call your logic shitty. Maybe my word choice was poor.

I'm not arguing if the it should, or should not be allowed via GGG's rule, because bottom line, both of our opinions don't matter in this regard.

Name one actual advantage you gain that provides a tangible benefit over a player not using the script.
"
Lask001 wrote:
It's not really an opinion - I mean, the script may be rules invalid by GGG, and not allowed, but that in no way makes it similar to map hack.

Humor doesn't translate well over the internet. Having a degree does not make you educated, and I wasn't using in a literal sense, more just to call your logic shitty. Maybe my word choice was poor.

I'm not arguing if the it should, or should not be allowed via GGG's rule, because bottom line, both of our opinions don't matter in this regard.

Name one actual advantage you gain that provides a tangible benefit over a player not using the script.

I never said that this was a maphack, I was arguing that "this is freely available to everyone, therefore it is not an advantage" was false, using D2 maphack as an example.

If you don't accept degrees or wit as forms as intelligence or education then you'd have to write to my Uni and ask for a character reference.

One actual advantage would be not having to type /itemlevel for each item or spend a few seconds calculating DPS. I would've thought that would be obvious, given that you can, presumably, read?

Thanks for this much needed feature!

"
Not a good Idea to use a third Party program....

Meh. People have been using third party stuff in alot of games that doesn't change how the game is played, but only changes cosmetic things. DarkD3 for Diablo 3 is a good example of this, no one has been banned for using it.
Thx for the Script OP, its the simple things such as this that make games that much more enjoyable to play.

As for beardywill, Obviously he\she is only after an argument \ trolling... stop feeding it.
This script is no hack, not even comparable. The best reason to use it is to save your self having to type /itemlevel.
really 0.2 of a second typing /itemlevel is an advantage? lol'in next thing u know, u'll be saying GGG should limit the speed at which PoE accepts keyboard input; because, not every one can type that fast.
"
Srafty wrote:
Thx for the Script OP, its the simple things such as this that make games that much more enjoyable to play.

As for beardywill, Obviously he\she is only after an argument \ trolling... stop feeding it.
This script is no hack, not even comparable. The best reason to use it is to save your self having to type /itemlevel.
really 0.2 of a second typing /itemlevel is an advantage? lol'in next thing u know, u'll be saying GGG should limit the speed at which PoE accepts keyboard input; because, not every one can type that fast.

So nobody would use this overlay as there isn't an advantage to doing so? Then why make it?

Anyway, you just pointed out a clear advantage 'save your self [sic] having to type /itemlevel'.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info