Phase run (oh noes)

A defensive variant of Phase Run would be nice imo, something like Windrunner's 3rd skill in Dota. Maybe even a blink skill and give it an appropriate cool down like Flicker and Cold Snap.
"
Flab wrote:
So from what I could gather from the info and with my (very possibly flawed) reasoning. Phase run will be gone. Let me assume this is the case for this post.

Regardless of what anyone tries to tell me, a movement flask is not a replacement for phase run, nor is a movement attack. I know how I play the game and use phase run, why I use it and why I simply can't (and won't) replace it with a movement attack or quicksilver flask. I may have to use one of these (the flask) to replace the movement speed from phase run, but that's it.

To finish it, my reasoning for phase run disappearing is simple, too much movement speed.
Yes, phase run is being removed & then reworked, probably having the movement speed part taken out. It probably wont be called phase run when it comes back to the game unless it still has some logical reference to running... We will have to wait to find out.
Last edited by Metronomy on Dec 10, 2012, 10:20:11 AM
That's pretty much all I needed to know, thanks.
I do know that the earlier levels are going to be dramatically slower when phase run is reworked, yes I am aware there will be flasks but as with any flask, these have charges and will not be spammable.

I can kind of see where they are coming from but at the same time I think they forget how phase run in this game is a "good" thing, whether it is generic or not is irrelevant. I would of thought it might of made more sense to remove the damage modifier of phase run and just have it as a move speed skill.
Last edited by Desbris on Dec 10, 2012, 11:08:57 AM
I know what gameplay without phase run is like, it's pretty easy to simulate, also it sucks.
To be honest. I'd like if Phase Run's duration was lowered. However during it's 'on time' you could ignore unit collision. It works for a 'shifted out of phase' style skill. And Whirling Blades already removes collision anyway, given how easy it is to hammer it across groups.

It wouldn't fufill it's usual purpose, but given that's being removed, better for it to perform a new one. Easing Assassination. A prime skill for any Shadow, and a useful utility for anybody.

Which is rather close to the use of Phase Run anyway.
"Unless I'm Wrong"
----------------------------------------
Lahni ~ Sihane ~ Enywe
My god , really , so there is confirmation that PR is being removed>? Cross thread a link for me if anyone can.

I have to say - this sucks, period. Like actually , im really kinda peeved about this. Myself , i do not see any reason this skill should be removed from the game. Creating a flask that gives movement speed is lame, if it is being prioritized as the *new movement skill / ability.

I mean really , does everyone want to have a flask spot wasted on a movement potion. Ugh. Maybe im all alone , maybe im not , but i think this is one of the worst decisions i have heard of in this game. :(

Cheers.
GGG - Why you no?
It was said that Phase Run is going to be removed then reworked, not just removed.

Edit: Seeing as how Metronomy is now a moderator, I think his post serves as confirmation itself.
same name in-game
Last edited by iao on Dec 10, 2012, 6:02:15 PM
"
Desbris wrote:
yes I am aware there will be flasks but as with any flask, these have charges and will not be spammable.

not only that: you also have to have such a flask first... have to find it or be able to buy one (if offered at all, both aspects not guaranteed under race/event conditions).

Or, do we own one of these new flasks right at the start, additionally?
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Does phase run actually add .8 secs to monster responce time?

i was thinking of an item that has like +.4 responce time. so could stack with PR. Or something that turns collision off while phaserunning..
Smoother than Smooth.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info