[0.9.13] Kripparrian's Bow Templar Build

Is this thread dead?
"
maxwolfie wrote:
"
maxwolfie wrote:
What's the consensus on bandit rewards for this build?

Anyone?

Normal - Help Oak (+40 Max Life)
Cruel - Kill all for Passive / Help Kraityn for 6% Attack speed
(IAS reward better now after recent patch. I took the passive personally.)
Merciless - Kill all for Passive

I am currently level 86, and my skill tree looks like:

If it helps anyone, this is what I've come up with for as an end result build:

I haven't had a chance to test the difference between 8% Projectile Damage and 5% Weapon Damage. I would also like to pick up Arcing Blows, but it is quite the point investment. If anyone has suggestions for me, I'd be grateful, but my current build performs very solid in endgame maps.

Current Gear:
Spoiler
IGN: Wavestrike
Last edited by Wavestrike on Mar 11, 2013, 5:29:21 AM
What type of dps are you ele-bow users getting with LA?

Using lioneyes glare my tooltip reads just over 2k on LA with hatred+anger+anger / LA + lmp + chain + weapon ele
IGN: Kastro
"
Wavestrike wrote:
"
maxwolfie wrote:
"
maxwolfie wrote:
What's the consensus on bandit rewards for this build?

Anyone?

Normal - Help Oak (+40 Max Life)
Cruel - Kill all for Passive / Help Kraityn for 6% Attack speed
(IAS reward better now after recent patch. I took the passive personally.)
Merciless - Kill all for Passive

I am currently level 86, and my skill tree looks like:

If it helps anyone, this is what I've come up with for as an end result build:

I haven't had a chance to test the difference between 8% Projectile Damage and 5% Weapon Damage. I would also like to pick up Arcing Blows, but it is quite the point investment. If anyone has suggestions for me, I'd be grateful, but my current build performs very solid in endgame maps.

Current Gear:
Spoiler

Thanks Wavestrike for the information on this. I was a little worried this was a dead thread and the build was dead. I am only level 56 and man this build rocks! Gonna continue on with your suggestions.
Last edited by mcurtis on Mar 13, 2013, 11:30:44 AM
Ive got a totally different take on bow-templar. It is NOT a HC build (though it could probably be adapted as such without a ton of trouble).

Currently at level 65 i look like this:

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswUtBVsUTRUgGS4aVSSLJ-0qTSzpMn4yiTboOlI64TwFPC09Dz8nRmlG10p9VElW-lfiWK9fP1-qYEthIWOnZKNnoGh0bPZuqnPhdO135XgNerh673y7guSDOITvh3aI8Yqvi4yQEZSgn9-iAKZXqW6uk7Xytz653cQVxPbFisau1I_YTdpi3Q3dRt-_4XPnUu0g7w7vfPAf8i_zcfeI_E78xQ==

The next batch of points is going to be spent on more life (the two 3-spot 8/8/12 nodes in the center) and picking up the 3 6% resist all nodes and Elemental Adaptation.

After that, the plan is to head into the Duelist starting area for the Projectile damage nodes - math is saying that those are calculated LAST and actually act as a DPS multiplier (as they affect total projectile damage - factored after all conversions and elemental mods have been factored in) and should provide a substantial DPS increase.

It will end up looking like this "reasonable" end-game build:

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjJ_f4XM8Be0g73xG14M4FE0Es6IA8B8yiQJxxYp35VfifLvzcSSLPQ_E9sQVPC0n7Xdixq7z3Rkutz7-CtSPerjyRbndrpNs9udj8i_vDrXybqqmV4Lk51Kpbj8nMn464ZARiq9USXgNTeMqTYjxc-HaYl8_0EdYr6xZFSD3iJSgNuhGaf6PLOlfqmh0OlLdDVs9ytPYTd-_W6_8xRm0GNtW-meg-rF08d1Gh3bqYiFgnrljp_xOSn3exkCgzZgFLb6njX5gS7e2eu907Q==

The "Full on all points spent" build looks like this: (However unlikely it is that i will ever actually reach the max level)

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjJ_f4XM8Be0g73xG14M4FE0Es6IA8B8yiQJxxYp35VfifLvzcSSLPQ_E9sQVPC0n7Xdixq7z3Rkutz7-CtSPerjyRbndrpNs9udj8i_vDrXybqqmV4Lk51Kpbj8nMn464ZARiq9USXgNTeMqTYjxc-HaYl8_0EdYr6xZFSD3iJSgNuhGaf6PLOlfqmh0OlLdDVs9ytPYTd-_W6_8xRm0GNtW-meg-rF08d1Gh3bqYiFgnrljp_xOSn3exkCgzZgFLb6njX5gS7e2eu907ew4KU-CmwHnpzAUIFBHns12504qtkFDMd9v704yCQ==

The Jaunts to Ice Bite and Lava Lash (and the 2 12% HP nodes near Lava Lash) are the absolute last things to be purchased.

A lot of people are like "why attack speed?!" - well, its a straight-up DPS multiplier. You dont need a lot of it to get decent returns, particularly with Faster Attacks socketed into your main DPS skills.

For this build, i actually tend to use Rain of Arrows as the primary DPS skill - single and multi-target. Concetrated Effect is almost entirely countered by the increased AoE skills in the start of the Templar tree, leaving it with a respectable AoE area. I'm currently getting, with mediocre gear, about 3500 tootip DPS on Rain, before Projectile Weakness. Currently i only have a 5-link bow (the bow itself is probably costing me 300-500 dps alone, as it is old and the only reason i still use it is because it is 5L) so Rain isn't as good as it could be - the colors on the bow fell out to not be super-optimal, so i dont have Rain supported quite the way i want it. (Added cold currently, which while it scales well would not scale as well as Added Fire given the high strength of the build). With a Life Gain on Hit gem socketed with this skill, you can face-tank entire packs of whites and blues - they simply cant do damage fast enogh to overcome the 5%+ HP regen/second + 40 life per target + Rejuv totem.

ANY elemental shot can be placed in for a good single-target dps shot - I use Ice Shot because of the 100% physical conversion on the cone behind the first target.

For Auras i only run Anger and Wrath, because reserving a large percentage of health wasnt really an option, though i am leveling a second Reduced Mana gem and may try out the cold damage aura soon, or haste, and see which one provides a higher dps gain, particularly after i have a higher health pool to spend from.

So far it is pretty durable and does great damage - and i think it could do stupendous damage if my gear wasnt so terrible. Im also currently floating (with the "level 65 current build") at around 2800 HP - and i know i could get to at least 3500 just from better gear - and with another 70% max life coming in the next few levels, it will be very survivable.

The only times i really die are when desyncing or rubberbanding happen. In fact, i dint die a single time until Piety on Cruel in Act 3 (bad rubberbanding left me standing on her melee form), and even on Merciless deaths are rare and almost always due to rubberbanding or desynching (rubberbanded into boulders during Vaal, but only died to that twice and easily put him down).

The massive life gain from % HP regen + Rejuv + the Life on Hit from Rain gives you a lot of slack in how you play.

Im curious to see what people think.
Edited post...wrong thread!
My guides
HC melee ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/507976
HC RF scion: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/666667
HC RF marauder: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/842382
RF resource guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/832331
Last edited by Necropotence on Mar 18, 2013, 2:51:54 PM
Would anyone like to discuss their preferred single-target skill(s) with this build? Elemental Hit seems like a no-brainer, but at the same time, Frenzy can get you some much-needed increased attack speed and might be better at applying shock stacks to bosses, especially if you can dig up a quality Added Lightning Damage, side with Kraityn, and go down towards the Shadow area for the +1 Frenzy charge node there.

I don't have a quality Added Lightning Damage and my LA templar is only level 60 right now, so I'm just using them both in a 4L (+ Faster Attacks & WED).

I suppose I should work out the *actual* dps I get from Elemental Hit if I want to really compare the two, but the side benefits of Frenzy (increased attack speed for LA, increased cast speed for curse(s), skelebrotem, etc.) make it difficult to compare.

Thoughts?
"
KG31459 wrote:
Would anyone like to discuss their preferred single-target skill(s) with this build? Elemental Hit seems like a no-brainer, but at the same time, Frenzy can get you some much-needed increased attack speed and might be better at applying shock stacks to bosses, especially if you can dig up a quality Added Lightning Damage, side with Kraityn, and go down towards the Shadow area for the +1 Frenzy charge node there.

Elemental hit is much better than frenzy for this build, because you have so much elemental damage potential to deal. When I do a high lightning damage hit, it really shows. You'd use quality added lightning regardless of choice, though.

Also, for any new users of this build, I won't be able to help you anymore as I've retired from the character (well, Path of Exile as a whole, not at all a fan of how GGG has been handling things recently..). Use below for reference, and good luck!

Wavestrike's Bowlar Build @ 88

AoE: Lightning Arrow (+ GMP + Chain + Weapon Elemental Damage + Life Gain on Hit + Mana Leech)
Single Target: Elemental Hit (+ Faster Attacks + Added Lightning + Weapon Elemental Damage + Life Leech)
7 Auras: Anger, Wrath, Grace, Determination, Haste, Clarity, Discipline
Support Skills: Decoy Totem, Molten Shell, Portal
Curse: Conductivity/Elemental Weakness/Enfeeble

Gear I ended up with @ Level 88:
Spoiler

Extra notes/tips:
- Molten shell is amazing with this build, because of all the % armor nodes, inner force, determination, and iron skin granite flasks all stacking their bonuses with it. I think I get around 13k armor base without granite, and ~45k armor with my granite popped which I have up a lot. You have to cast molten shell every 10 seconds but it becomes a habit after using it the first day for even like an hour. Might be able to work increased duration into your sockets with it somewhere.

- Necromancers are a pain in maps if you play in parties, so I like to use quality detonate dead Lvl 1 to clear the corpses very quickly. This doesn't really relate to the build other than if you have an extra socket.
IGN: Wavestrike
Ive parked up my lvl60 marauder for this build while i play through with some mates who have just started. Have to say its vary fast at leveling up and I have been using a bow from the start. Making a bee line to the Dex nodes now as this is the only thing holding me back. Great tip about rolling a ranger for the LA gem. Cheers
this built is dead? i play this a long time ago, and now i back to the game and i see the auras have a cost of 60% of mana reserved.... i can´t play the same built, some sugestions?
Anyone is playing this built? what gems use now? i ned a little bit of help, thx for your time.
sorry for my english

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info