[0.9.13] Kripparrian's Bow Templar Build

I'm with you - I've been following this build and I was getting bored of LA. Now I'm experimenting with Ice Shot with Cold To Fire, along with other interesting stuff :)
"
ChocolateDrop wrote:
"
Cleverist wrote:
Do you guys think Iron Grip is worth while? I am considering speccing out of it and either picking up the second Body and Soul ring or an extra 30% elemental damage plus 18% fire and lightning resistances.

Iron Grip is not worth getting because this is build is mostly focused around elemental damage. Even if you have +50% projectile dmg increase from Iron Grip, your physical dmg on LA attack might be very small.

For Ex.

LA tooltip reads:

Combined Dmg 1000
Physical Dmg 20
Lightening Dmg 980

The Iron Grip +50% projectile dmg bonus only applies to the 20 physical dmg (i.e. 20*(1+.5)=30 physical dmg). The increase is miniscule. Additionally, elemental dmg currently trumps physical dmg by far.

I'm very new to the game, but I've started a Hardcore Templar and I'm doing a similar build to this. The difference is that I will be getting Iron Grip. Maybe that's a mistake, but if I'm reading the info about Lightning Arrow correctly, it should still boost damage significantly. Here is a quote from the PoE wiki:

"Converted Damage: Like all converted damage, the lightning portion of Lightning Arrow's damage will be modified by both lightning damage increases and physical damage increases."

If that is true, the large bonus to physical damage that your strength will give you with Iron Grip should be plenty to justify the few points it takes to get there.

Am I wrong here? Does anyone have any theory crafting numbers for this build?
I'm very new to the game and I apologize in advance if this has already been answered somewhere, but when exactly can I make the transition into the LA build?

I'm using a melee build right now and I'm getting wrecked by long range enemies in act 3. Judging by the fact that you need a significant amount of dex just to equip a decent bow and on top of that a good amount of element damage modifiers... am I going to end up having to farm for days/weeks or however long just to get the gear necessary to transition into the build?
IGN: gig_play
"
CaptainKraft wrote:
I'm very new to the game, but I've started a Hardcore Templar and I'm doing a similar build to this. The difference is that I will be getting Iron Grip. Maybe that's a mistake, but if I'm reading the info about Lightning Arrow correctly, it should still boost damage significantly. Here is a quote from the PoE wiki:

"Converted Damage: Like all converted damage, the lightning portion of Lightning Arrow's damage will be modified by both lightning damage increases and physical damage increases."

If that is true, the large bonus to physical damage that your strength will give you with Iron Grip should be plenty to justify the few points it takes to get there.

Am I wrong here? Does anyone have any theory crafting numbers for this build?

If you manage you find a SICK physical dmg bow (since LA converts half of it to lightning), and stack a good amount of STR, I think Iron Grip might give a good increase in dmg output. Anyways you will need elemental/lightning dmg % nodes to boost that lightning dmg so you can deal enough to proc shock status on the target.

Otherwise, I'd suggest to stack elemental dmg on gear and passive tree since is much easier with all the nodes from the templar + belt and rings with %ele dmg + auras, etc.

"
gigplay wrote:
I'm very new to the game and I apologize in advance if this has already been answered somewhere, but when exactly can I make the transition into the LA build?

I'm using a melee build right now and I'm getting wrecked by long range enemies in act 3. Judging by the fact that you need a significant amount of dex just to equip a decent bow and on top of that a good amount of element damage modifiers... am I going to end up having to farm for days/weeks or however long just to get the gear necessary to transition into the build?

You should do the transition when you're ready. That means:

1) You have the necessary gear to overcome attribute requirements.
2) You don't have to sacrifice (too much) survivability in the process.
3) You can deal the same or more damage after the change.
* Cheers from Argentina, the land of ping and packet loss *

#HYPEGATE

GMT -3
If you are just starting and want to use the bow only, this is what i did. Using the 3 items below makes you a GOD. I am level 19 and JUST using the regular bow and arrow this is my damage: 1 shot whites, 2 shot blues/purples, 5 shot yellows and 6 shot oranges. Again this is just using my bow. I think what helped was the 3 items below.

Here is my bow which is nothing great at all, but i really like the 1.55 speed on it.
Another item which can help you solve your dex problems is the following,

That is a higher roll of dex but 40+ is easy. Then get yourself a high dex roll quiver and you should be good for a while.

I made the transition after the ledge in cruel when I found I either had to upgrade my melee gear to survive or go to range. I chose ranged.
Can you guys link your bows, please.

Is Cold Damage a mod that actually hinders rather than helps, as I believe shattered targets don't spread the shock ailment?
A n00b question: do those 3 nodes slightly over IG that say +ele dmg WITH WEAPONS actually increase all my ele dmg on the skills dps final calculation (like standard generic +ele dmg does for auras,skill dmg and gear dmg)?
I'm asking this because i'm still not sure if going for straight fire dmg with the last points of my build (from lvl 75 till lvl cap). If those nodes work as i assumed they could be my last points invested in dps to reserve the remaining for hp and last res stuff.
Check out my NON CRIT PHYS SPLIT ARROW BOW GUIDE! The deeeps where you couldn't imagine!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1242996
What's the consensus on bandit rewards for this build?
"
maxwolfie wrote:
What's the consensus on bandit rewards for this build?

Anyone?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info