Diablo 3 community vs. Path of exile community

Just go see Diablo 3 forums and compare it to this :D Atleast Diablo 3 europe forums are ***** compared to this.
It has to do with the size of the community. The more people you have, the more asshats you get by sheer numbers.

But the asshats get more and more noticeable because 10 quiet people make about as much noise as 100 quiet people. But 10 asshats make much less noise (and are much easier to quell) than 100 asshats (who then often compete 'who is the loudest' because there's just so much competition).
Plus, right now anonymity is diminished: You mostly know the people you're talking to, or at least recognize their names from somewhere.

I have the dim feeling that with the start of OB and influx of many new players, we will see the over-all quality of the community decline.

And I say that with full support of your claim that PoE's community right now is quite amazing.
12/12/12 - the day Germany decided boys are not quite human.
Agreed.
I would also add that POE appears to have much better forum moderation. If this forum continues the quality of forum moderators checking the threads as they are now then I am really not concerned about any loudmouths hurting the forums.
Standard Forever
Can't wait for the flood of asshats wondering why POE isn't anything like D3, lol.

Its going to be back in May all over again. Good times. Fuels up the flamethrower --------------->

Haven't used that in a while. Burn those asshats. Maybe its gonna be my protrait! Asshat burning.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
So far I see that PoE community is bigger then Diablo 3.
I read the d3 forums at work for a laugh and to cheer myself up.
If GGG chickens made an action RPG, what would it be called? Path of Eggxile, a Peck 'n' Slash RPG.
Why was the helmet spluttering? It was a coif.
Just went over to check their site and it is down for maintenance. GGG as far as I can remember never has the site or game down for hours.
down time as has been no more then a few minutes in my experience here, and other online games too, I honestly don't know why blizzard seems to need massive downtimes....

Oh and some of downtimes were very short for massive patches and new content so that can't be it either... :/
Julius's path of exile wine bundle for mac here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708/page/1
Last edited by Faerie_Storm on Dec 8, 2012, 4:08:10 PM
The Wild Hunt mayhap?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info