1.0.0g Patch Notes

"
Ntk wrote:

What a whole bunch of bollocks.

All the cry babies with the same "i can't go over 72+ maps" are not even trying to go any further. An alch and a map is not enough, if you are skimping currency you'll never go any further than that. 4 Chisels every map and 3-4 chaos to roll something decent ( larger area / maze; pack size; magic ) that's all you need to do.

No , not all the maps will grant you a next tier automaticaly, that's why you need to build a pool of maps before trying to climb up the map tier.

3 inchs of forehead, and currency.

I disagree.

GGG wants to assign iLvl 78 to top end uniques... fine
GGG wants to make level 78 areas map-only... fine
GGG wants us to have to fight through/farm level 78 maps for the top end uniques/rares... fine

But then I fully expect to be able to create and build a character, level up, and play in the level 78 maps AT WILL once I have put in the time and effort to build and gear a character than can handle playing in level 78 maps.

Not being able to play in or ever see the level 78 maps unless the RNG gods shine on you, you have a good map group, and you all are expert traders... is a bunch of bologna. Being able to find the shinies is what keep people playing.

Change the map system. Reduce the map drop rates. Once you find and use a map, it's unlocked for that character. You can enter at will. Still need the map device though. Click on it, brings up your map list. Select the map, choose whether or not to spend currency before entering the zone. Spend nothing, it's a base white map. Otherwise, spend currency to get the mods/bonuses/quality you want. Solo, self-found, no trading players rejoice.
Last edited by Galtrovan on Nov 7, 2013, 9:28:56 AM
"

GGG wants us to have to fight through/farm level 78 maps for the top end uniques/rares... fine

But then I fully expect to be able to create and build a character, level up, and play in the level 78 maps AT WILL once I have put in the time and effort to build and gear a character than can handle playing in level 78 maps.

Not being able to play in or ever see the level 78 maps unless the RNG gods shine on you, you have a good map group, and you all are expert traders... is a bunch of bologna. Being able to find the shinies is what keep people playing.

Change the map system. Reduce the drop rates. Once you find a map, it's unlocked for that character. You can enter at will. Still need the map device though. Click on it, brings up your map list. Select the map, choose whether or not to spend currency before entering the zone. Spend nothing, it's a base white map. Otherwise, spend currency to get the mods/bonuses/quality you want. Solo, self-found, no trading players rejoice.

^This.
Last edited by Storm007 on Nov 7, 2013, 9:02:24 AM
please :

- remove all unique from 'map only' list...
- massively increase drop rate from map bosses
- slightlly reduce drop rate from act bosses
IGN TylordRampage
There is a reason why games don't lock content behind spending in-game currency UNLESS are things like expansion packs or micro-transactions you can buy. Hint: it's not because it's an "excellent and awesome idea no other company has thought about ever". If you think this is a good idea, well, you need to reconsider it objectively because THAT is bollocks.

BTW GGG has admitted several times in the past one of the reasons of the extremely RNG with huge variance and an horribly skewed distribution driven map system is because item progression gating. Something at which it laughably fails at (crafting materials for 1 chaos in no time after fresh leagues). The other is because they want them to be 'special', well, yeah we can consider it succeeds at that lol. Just detach item gating from map system FFS and attach it to map IIQ/IIR (add lots of mods, and reduce the probability of rolling the 'good ones', make a more complex IIR system for map properties, certain combinations should yield higher IIR when spawning together etc.). There you have your huge currency sink, rolling really hard maps that yield more items, not more maps, which the probability of dropping should be less affected by the map properties.

The uniqueness of the map should come from it's crafting, not because it's base (certainly there should still be a high scarcity, but not to the extreme it goes now, period). Just like no one cares you have a white ilvl 78 glorious plate, but you care if you roll on it high-end mods.
"
nikoon wrote:
"
KikitheKing wrote:
Where we can loot shav' please ?

I'm playing lowlife in Domination, i can't play maps without shav'.

Piety can loot it ? Domines is really hard in merciless. Don't waste my time please.

Don't make your game more complicated that it already is.

Dear player,

we want to make the game as easy as possible for you and have no intention to cause you any trouble and waste your time.. You can drop your shav. in locations lvl. 60 and higher which is whole act 3 merciless.. Good luck farming city of Sarn and if you have some problems to find it, we will increase drop rates in future for sure. Our intention is make your gaming experience as smooth as possible.. Have a nice day, Sir!

Some players make builds around unquies... and if an level 62 item does not drop until the level 76 map, where you already need top gear to play it, then what is the point of even building for a Shav build? The only players crying about these changes about Shav and Kaom's dropping outside of maps again have high level characters (easy to check) and will not profit as much off these changes.

"Please please please... change it back, I wanna pro-fit and make all the casual player grind exalted to finish off their builds. /sarcasm"

Maps do need some love though but having low level unqiues drop in endgame maps... sigh
Last edited by IamtheAxeMan on Nov 7, 2013, 9:14:33 AM
"
IamtheAxeMan wrote:
"
nikoon wrote:
"
KikitheKing wrote:
Where we can loot shav' please ?

I'm playing lowlife in Domination, i can't play maps without shav'.

Piety can loot it ? Domines is really hard in merciless. Don't waste my time please.

Don't make your game more complicated that it already is.

Dear player,

we want to make the game as easy as possible for you and have no intention to cause you any trouble and waste your time.. You can drop your shav. in locations lvl. 60 and higher which is whole act 3 merciless.. Good luck farming city of Sarn and if you have some problems to find it, we will increase drop rates in future for sure. Our intention is make your gaming experience as smooth as possible.. Have a nice day, Sir!

Some players make builds around unquies... and if an level 62 item does not drop until the level 76 map, where you already need top gear to play it, then what is the point of even building for a Shav build? The only players crying about these changes about Shav and Kaom's dropping outside of maps again have high level characters (easy to check) and will not profit as much off these changes.

"Please please please... change it back, I wanna pro-fit and make all the casual player grind exalted to finish off their builds. /sarcasm"

Maps do need some love though but having low level unqiues drop in endgame maps... sigh
Edit: I'm ok with you, don't pay attention to my post, i haven't read it correctly (english is not my native language)

During 6 month, i have farmed a lot lunaris and piety until, one day, i have seen brown "glorious plate" on the ground.
During this period, only 1 friend have drop shav' in the same way.

Do you really think the drop rate is too high to make profit ?

The issue of Shav' is not shav' itself but the "Chaos cannot bypass ES", this should be more accessible because builds are based around it. Why a build should have "the best item" to work ? It ridiculous.
Last edited by KikitheKing on Nov 7, 2013, 9:55:52 AM
"
Qarl wrote:
Version 1.0.0g
  • The Orb of Chance can now generate Uniques that are higher than the itemlevel of the base type you're trying to roll.

I am extremely uncertain about this change. unless the chance of rolling a unique drops as the Ilvl drops. for example an Ilvl spidersilk of 30 having a worse base chance of rolling a shavronnes than an Ilvl 60 spidersilk using a chance orb.

It seems that this will lead to more uniques floating around than is possibly good for the game. Given that there are a LOT of people willing to gamble constantly with chance orbs
"
Since release this game has felt more like a beta than ever.

+1
"
enigma1406 wrote:
"
_Nerevarine_ wrote:
Thanks. At least now I feel like I have a chance.

Dumb and dumber, the best comedy movie ever made.
"
Galtrovan wrote:

Change the map system. Reduce the map drop rates. Once you find and use a map, it's unlocked for that character. You can enter at will. Still need the map device though. Click on it, brings up your map list. Select the map, choose whether or not to spend currency before entering the zone. Spend nothing, it's a base white map. Otherwise, spend currency to get the mods/bonuses/quality you want. Solo, self-found, no trading players rejoice.

QFT

Please get the MMO mindset that you must have a party to advance, and the economic simulator trading mini game out of endgame content.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info