PVE/PVP - Elemental Equilibrium Bow Templar - with Iron Grip / Iron Reflexes.

"
TheSidiouS wrote:
Im using this build now at lvl 64 and im having alot of fun with it.
Just killed 2 Hillock in a 62 map 1-hit with diamond flask :D.

let me try to explain my understanding of it:

If u hit the enemy with main attack or totem doesnt matter.

CNKalmah explained earlier that chain chooses 1 elemental damage type from elemental hit.

So lets say you hit with
physical damage
lignthing damage (because of Wrath)
and a random damage type from elemental hit (Lightning, Fire, or Cold)

The result is either -50% cold damage if u hit with fire or -50% fire damage if u hit with cold. If u hit with lightning cold and fire are -25%.

The next attack hits with another random element. and if you are lucky it is the -50% one.

And it is very important that you dont have an item that randomly adds fire or cold damage, since it messes up EE.

hope u get what i mean

Thank you :D! Very well said.

"
hellzer wrote:
Guys how do you hit someone in PvP with no attack speed passive nodes? I dont think temporal chains will be enough... No chill effect, no stun threshold... How do you protect your totems from someone who leaps, uses whirling blades, spams shitloads of sparks.. huh?

Temporal chains is more than enough.. You misunderstood the build again, there are 3 projectiles being fired at the opponent - All three can bear cold damage, and with a good crit chance this causes freeze if not chill aswell as shock stacks. As a ranged character you don't want to plant your totems infront of players.
I have played plenty of PVP and have had no problem.

This build is even more devastating in 3v3 PvP as chain takes it's full effect.
IGN Suojata
Yep, now I noticed the strength of this build, it's critical strikes. But there's no critical passives in it so we have to rely on diamond flasks purely...

And there's dexterity stat issues also. If you'll want to use unique bow with 212 dex requirements, you're going to need amulet with +99 all attributes.

Is it worth spending 15 points for +220% Increase Critical Strike Chance for this build?

Something like this:

+220% crit strike chance
+42 dex (8% evasion -> armor with iron reflexes. And +84 accuracy)
-20 int
-10% armor
-5% all resists
-9 skill points (or -5 points and +150% crit chance)
-16% life (wont make a big difference)
-20% accuracy with bows (not a big loss if you have Lioneyes bow)

Tell me what you think. If not crit chance then what else? Stacking more resists? Maybe attack speed?
Nemesis IGN: [Removed by Admin]
Last edited by hellzer on Dec 11, 2012, 1:33:50 PM
"
hellzer wrote:
Yep, now I noticed the strength of this build, it's critical strikes. But there's no critical passives in it so we have to rely on diamond flasks purely...

And there's dexterity stat issues also. If you'll want to use unique bow with 212 dex requirements, you're going to need amulet with +99 all attributes.

Is it worth spending 15 points for +220% Increase Critical Strike Chance for this build?

Something like this:

+220% crit strike chance
+42 dex (8% evasion -> armor with iron reflexes. And +84 accuracy)
-20 int
-10% armor
-5% all resists
-9 skill points (or -5 points and +150% crit chance)
-16% life (wont make a big difference)
-20% accuracy with bows (not a big loss if you have Lioneyes bow)

Tell me what you think. If not crit chance then what else? Stacking more resists? Maybe attack speed?

Once again, if you're relying on Crit Flasks then there's something off with how you've built it.

I have been playing with Blood Rage for the LL & Frenzy charges, using vitality and grabbing 2.2% Life regen from the passive tree to cancel out blood rage's drain.

As far as end game PvP, I haven't been able to test a huge amount vs. others since not many are into the whole PvP thing. Like I posted, I will be updating it regularly.
IGN Suojata
What auras do you use? Determination, Wrath, Grace and Clarity reserve 32% + 394 mana already. (with Reduced mana gem) And vitality requires extra 40% mana. For sure you cant run even first 4 auras at the same time. So what do you swap out for PvE and PvP?

IMO Wrath + Grace + Determination for PvP and Clarity + Wrath + Vitality for Pve?
I have a build slightly different but mostly the same. however i too find the ranged attack totems mostly useless unless its against slow mobs. if the mobs are quick they will run past and not get hit at all until they stop to hit you (which with low life and low armour is a bad thing).

like a rare wolf with that haste aura is going to mess you up big time

Also... IMO the time it takes to put down two totems you should have cleared the area anyway with your standard attacks. seems like the totems are gimmicks for slow bosses?

maybe i need to see a video of your guys playstyle so i can picture it properly.
"
stickman wrote:
I have a build slightly different but mostly the same. however i too find the ranged attack totems mostly useless unless its against slow mobs. if the mobs are quick they will run past and not get hit at all until they stop to hit you (which with low life and low armour is a bad thing).

Also... IMO the time it takes to put down two totems you should have cleared the area anyway with your standard attacks. seems like the totems are gimmicks for slow bosses?

maybe i need to see a video of your guys playstyle so i can picture it properly.

Yep. I also miss the effect and animations of other awesome skills, since elemental hit is just a simple projectile.
"
hellzer wrote:
What auras do you use? Determination, Wrath, Grace and Clarity reserve 32% + 394 mana already. (with Reduced mana gem) And vitality requires extra 40% mana. For sure you cant run even first 4 auras at the same time. So what do you swap out for PvE and PvP?

IMO Wrath + Grace + Determination for PvP and Clarity + Wrath + Vitality for Pve?

PVE Main hand /aura setup..

Elemental Hit + Chain + Mana Leech + Weapon Elemental Damage + Quality Added Accuracy

Auras : Grace, Wrath, Vitality (To support Blood Rage).

PVP Main hand/ aura setup

Elemental Hit + Chain* (For 3v3 OR totem users) + Weapon Elemental Damage + Quality Added Accuracy + Faster Attacks.

- If I'm playing against a non totem, 1v1 PVP match I've been swapping chain for Faster Proj.

Auras : Grace, Wrath.

I'll be updating it once I work out the direction I want the build to go ^^

IGN Suojata
Last edited by CNKalmah on Dec 12, 2012, 2:25:41 PM
"
stickman wrote:

The Totems are not a gimmick, I use them to help clear rooms/take hits for me and to take down more difficult single targets.

Also I have neither low life nor low armour.
Sitting at 3,000~ Life & 6,000~ Armour.
IGN Suojata
I've been progressing towards a similar build, and wanted to know your thoughts on Resolute Technique? I was thinking of picking it up early on, and respeccing when I manage to get more acc/dex nodes.

I was also wondering if it may be worth leaving it and using the points spent on accuracy for something else...its not like the build is focused on crit chance/dmg, and it would free up a gem slot instead of using Increased Accuracy.
Ok since I believe everything that people tell me. Truth is no matter 10k armor or 6k hp you're going to get 1 hitted in pvp. Good lord, I want a build like that so I will quit this build 10 more times probably.

Also I was thinking about going 75% shield block chance. Nobody managed to give me info on block chance so Ill take that having 75% block means you are invincible in pvp with blocking 3 of 4 attacks...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info