PVE/PVP - Elemental Equilibrium Bow Templar - with Iron Grip / Iron Reflexes.

"
hellzer wrote:
Tested this build with all skill gems and Deaths harp around lvl 50. Result:
Totems hit slow and damage is weak. Having in mind my bow provides extra arrow it still wouldnt be easy to hit someone in pvp who's whirling around or running like crazy. And the PvP bow doesnt have any extra arrows... even worse. Also totem range is extremely short.
Very weak build for PVP because easy to avoid projectiles of this build and 1 hit them too.
Havent tried Elemental Equilibrium because I dont think it works very well in this case.

Lol, do the build properly and try again. I can easily clear whole arena's 3v3.
IGN Suojata
If you spend another 2 months for explaining this build...

I dont understand how this build can be good without having 5L items and all skill gems with shit loads of mana and mana regen.
Getting elemental hit and chain gems only for my totem was pain in the ass already. Still with 4L item its either Ranged totem + Elemental Hit + Chain + Faster attacks or Ranged totem + Elemental Hit + Chain + Weapon elemental damage. With 450 mana pool on lvl 44 Cant even run clarity alone with totems. Totems are pretty squishy also and it takes some time to drop them and if you're surrounded by mobs thats even worse.

Could you tell me what are the key points for this build to be good at low lvls? Should I focus more on totems or my main attack if I cant support both. Should I go for E.E. if I dont have 2 elemental hit and chain gems? And planning to spam lightning arrow or smth like that?

Help me out. Im freaking lost in this build.
Nemesis IGN: [Removed by Admin]
Last edited by hellzer on Dec 9, 2012, 8:58:58 AM
"
hellzer wrote:
And planning to spam lightning arrow or smth like that?

I have been using Lightning arrow with great success. I took some pointers from a ranger thread about lightning arrow where they said only to lvl it 5 max.

Edit: Decoy totem helps at the lower levels from my experience.
Last edited by Aerocell on Dec 9, 2012, 9:40:56 AM
I was doing very well until I started using E.E. and totems. Went totally off balance.
I haven't noticed a difference in getting EE or not. Not sure why. I am still a low level so I that must be it
I ran this build from 31-65 without any 5L, without dream fragments.

I had :
4L: Elemental Hit, Chain, Weapon Elemental Damage, Mana Leech.
4L: Ranged Totem, Elemental Hit, Chain, Faster Attacks.

2L: Clarity, Reduced Mana Cost. Stop Clarity at level 10.

Unsupported Gems : Elemental Weakness, Temp Chains, Phase Run.

Things you NEED on your gear.

Some kind of added lightning damage if you're not running Wrath.
Weapon Elemental Damage - This can be acquired on all your jewelery and your quiver.

That's it.

IGN Suojata
Is there a reason you have 2 elemental hit gems? 1 in your wep and 1 on your chest item.
Im using this build now at lvl 64 and im having alot of fun with it.
Just killed 2 Hillock in a 62 map 1-hit with diamond flask :D.

let me try to explain my understanding of it:

If u hit the enemy with main attack or totem doesnt matter.

CNKalmah explained earlier that chain chooses 1 elemental damage type from elemental hit.

So lets say you hit with
physical damage
lignthing damage (because of Wrath)
and a random damage type from elemental hit (Lightning, Fire, or Cold)

The result is either -50% cold damage if u hit with fire or -50% fire damage if u hit with cold. If u hit with lightning cold and fire are -25%.

The next attack hits with another random element. and if you are lucky it is the -50% one.

And it is very important that you dont have an item that randomly adds fire or cold damage, since it messes up EE.

hope u get what i mean
Oh damn, I don't know how I managed to misinterpret that part. Thanks for clearing that up!
Guys how do you hit someone in PvP with no attack speed passive nodes? I dont think temporal chains will be enough... No chill effect, no stun threshold... How do you protect your totems from someone who leaps, uses whirling blades, spams shitloads of sparks.. huh?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info