PVE/PVP - Elemental Equilibrium Bow Templar - with Iron Grip / Iron Reflexes.

And whats the best way to start with this build what nodes to get first? For what gems to aim for at the beginning. I imagine a templar with a bow without any support gems isnt very easy to play with. Been looking for a crazy and universal build, the only thing I dont like is that with elemental equilibrium party play is not that effective as solo play and another thing... I am not a fan of bows in this game.
Nemesis IGN: [Removed by Admin]
Last edited by hellzer on Dec 5, 2012, 1:54:30 PM
"
hellzer wrote:
And whats the best way to start with this build what nodes to get first? For what gems to aim for at the beginning. I imagine a templar with a bow without any support gems isnt very easy to play with. Been looking for a crazy and universal build, the only thing I dont like is that with elemental equilibrium party play is not that effective as solo play and another thing... I am not a fan of bows in this game.

The trick to party play is finding the right people to play with, I mostly play solo or with a couple friends, they understand my build and understand that Hatred/Anger both do strange things to my build.

The hardest part is getting to level 31, this is when chain/ranged attack totem become available. As for points in the passive tree I went straight to E.E., then filled out the rest of the Templar starting area. After this I continued and grabbed the dual totem node and worked my way to the life nodes in the center + Iron Grip. After this I bee-lined to Iron Reflexes and filled everything out.

From level 1-31 you aren't really under duress too often, and since the levels are fairly easy you can run around with an ax or staff and use heavy strike/sweep. I used a bow immediately however and started leveling elemental hit right off the bat.

IGN Suojata
Last edited by CNKalmah on Dec 5, 2012, 10:34:19 PM
Sounds like an interesting build. When I click on the links in the OP I get this message: "The build you are trying to load is using an old versions of the passive tree and will not work." Does this build work with the new skill tree?
There was a small patch, and every patch it resets every pre-made skilltree, thus the message. Just have to wait for him to re-do it, he did it a few days ago or whenever that other patch was as well. :]
Last edited by naumu on Dec 7, 2012, 3:50:08 AM
How would you deal with a boss with minions + reflect dmg? Do you just melt to those?
"
Aerocell wrote:
How would you deal with a boss with minions + reflect dmg? Do you just melt to those?

Thanks for informing me of the small patch, all three links have been fixed!

As for reflect damage, my resistances are capped at 80%, since the build focus is around reducing the target's resistance and not on having extreme amount of elemental damage reflect damage does little to me. Only time it hurts (about 1/8th of my life pool) is when I land a critical strike, which I can back off and let my totems do the work.
IGN Suojata
I dont understand how you effectively use E.E. when you have 2 totems spamming random elements over and over again. Lets say you dont do anything and your totem hits with random fire element + Wrath aura (not sure if auras apply to your totems or not), so opponent has -50%res to cold, Then next hit comes with two different elements and it switches again... anyway... im confused like hell.

Also for what rewards do you go in Bandit Lords quest?

P.S. your 1-31 lvl build link doesnt work. Also waiting to see your gameplay video.
Last edited by hellzer on Dec 7, 2012, 3:25:23 PM
Is there a point in time when you stop leveling a skill with this build? Does something become way too mana intensive at some point to not make it worth while to level up?
"
Aerocell wrote:
Is there a point in time when you stop leveling a skill with this build? Does something become way too mana intensive at some point to not make it worth while to level up?

Yes - Clarity, Depending on gearing (depending on your mana pool mostly) anywhere from level 10-15 is your stop point.

Will add to the Post thank you!
IGN Suojata
Tested this build with all skill gems and Deaths harp around lvl 50. Result:
Totems hit slow and damage is weak. Having in mind my bow provides extra arrow it still wouldnt be easy to hit someone in pvp who's whirling around or running like crazy. And the PvP bow doesnt have any extra arrows... even worse. Also totem range is extremely short.
Very weak build for PVP because easy to avoid projectiles of this build and 1 hit them too.
Havent tried Elemental Equilibrium because I dont think it works very well in this case.
Last edited by hellzer on Dec 8, 2012, 9:25:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info