Dual Physical Wand Ranger (6/14/13)

I've updated the first post slightly, most notably with my current equipment.

I won't be updating this very much until Open Beta (it'll be my main character's build) as I'm no longer focused on playing my Closed Beta characters, but I'd be happy to answer questions and make separate versions for those that request them.
same name in-game
Sorry for the multiple consecutive posts.

I added two very high level skilldrasil routes for the ideal versions of this build as two different options.

I also plugged some more information here and there. For example:
"
With all the Increased Critical Strike Chance from passive tree nodes of the first option and 4 Power Charges (525% altogether) a wand with 8% base Critical Strikes Chance will have exactly 50% to perform a Critical Strike.
same name in-game
I really like your build despite not playing ranger, the ability to take dual wield passives with wands is awesome
I'm probably going to try it a bit before ob depending on 1w race rewards
I will love to test this unique build :)

am I blind or there is no skilltree linked?(answer: Yes)
Last edited by missumi on Dec 23, 2012, 5:56:25 PM
"
Pam wrote:
I really like your build despite not playing ranger, the ability to take dual wield passives with wands is awesome
I'm probably going to try it a bit before ob depending on 1w race rewards

Awesome. Tell me what you think of it after you do. =D

"
missumi wrote:
I will love to test this unique build :)

am I blind or there is no skilltree linked?(answer: Yes)

Great! Tell me what you think of it then as well. =b

The first titled spoiler in the first post contains passive skill tree links (the current version has two options, so they're linked separately).
same name in-game
I read about your Dual Wand build and got interested in it, problem is as stated that INT requirement might be a problem.

So, I make a Marauder Dual Wand build with similar concept of Frenzy with Hatred minus Point Blank as I don't really like to get up close to mobs. Hopefully you could take a look see if it's feasible.

Marauder RT Physical Wand Build:

Summary:
Pro's
-More Hp.
-Hit and Run, more safety.
-RT for 100% hit rate, Iron Grip to Compensate damage loss to Critical.
-Min Requirement for DEX Gems and INT for wands.
-Easy access to 2x 30 INT nodes for higher levels wands.
-Easy access to Templar's Discipline and Training for more Hp boost.
-Easy access to Inner Force if multiple Auras/Granite Flask are used.

Con's
-Not sure if Mana is sufficient to use.
-Not sure how Iron Grip scales projectile damage.
-Damage should be not as high as Crit base builds.
-Most of the skill gems are not available via quest.
Last edited by heatzz on Dec 26, 2012, 7:13:01 AM
I'd say it's a pretty good rendition of this idea, but I don't see much reason in going with dual wands if you only plan on taking a few dual wielding passives in the Shadow passive tree area.

Here is a version with some slight modifications using the same amount of points.
same name in-game
"
iao wrote:
I'd say it's a pretty good rendition of this idea, but I don't see much reason in going with dual wands if you only plan on taking a few dual wielding passives in the Shadow passive tree area.

Here is a version with some slight modifications using the same amount of points.

Thanks for the alternation, seems feasible. :)

If you would you could take a look on my Ranger build with some ideas of yours:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/62393

EDITED:
Marauder RT Physical Wand Build Updated:

Realize I needed IR as I need green slot for skill gems (Frenzy/LMP/Chain/Mana Leech and etc) so an evasion chest-piece is more ideal then an armor chest-piece.

I might have too much DEX, not sure if I should lose RT then put the 3 points to Deadeye for accuracy, well you could always try to take them out at late game.
Last edited by heatzz on Jan 2, 2013, 7:01:46 AM
Sorry for the late reply heatzz, I didn't realized you posted. Those seem like pretty cool builds.

I've updated the first post significantly. With the changes to the Bandit Quest Rewards, this build has had a significant buff, but Chain's nerf and the changes Mark detailed about it's interaction with Point Blank damage the build slightly. Switching to Fork or Lesser/Greater Multiple Projectiles should be good substitutes for the great area damage it once gave this build.

Lesser/Greater Multiple Projectiles with Chain might seem like a good route to go to with a six-linked chest armor, but that is more true for elemental builds than physical ones. The reason is basically that high physical damage is more effective when dealt with one hit than the same amount of damage broken up into more hits because of the way armor works.
same name in-game
Around what level do people like to switch to wands from bow? I'm lvl 37 and I still think that right now it wouldn't be a good idea. At least 10 more levels for some int nodes and dw dmg % nodes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info