Unable to connect to patching server

I installed the game using the PAX closed beta disc on Monday and since then I have been unable to launch the game and play due to "Unable to connect to patching server" connection issue whenever I launch the client.

Any fixes?

Can you please reply to this thread with your ISP / Location and include a trace route to pathofexile.com

Also, please make absolutely sure that your anti-virus/firewall software is not blocking the connection.
Adding an exception for the game is the best way to ensure this is not the case, disabling the software does not always have the desired effect.
Last edited by Henry_GGG on Mar 26, 2013, 7:01:31 AM
Not any firewall issues that messes it up for you ?
Disabled all of my firewalls to test it out and it still comes up.
Still having this issue with zero improvement in the slightest.
Have you tried downloading a copy from the Grinding Gear site, assuming you have access to download.
If this continues to be a problem, please email us at contact@grindinggear.com and we will sort you out!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
grahamatome wrote:
Have you tried downloading a copy from the Grinding Gear site, assuming you have access to download.

I tried this and still nothing. I even copied over files from a friend who also got the beta at PAX and launched the game using his Path of Exile folder and still the same issue arises.

I have e-mailed Grinding Gear and now waiting for a response. I'd love to have this fixed soon. This was one of the hidden gems at PAX and i'd love to spend more time playing the beta.
This is probly not going to be the cause but just incase, you dont have a peergaurdian/ip blocker on do you?
No idea. This and League of Legends are the only two games with issues with their clients (And LoL's issue with the installer is an issue that's existed for nearly a year now with no singular solution)
Have you tried running the patcher with Administrative rights? Shift + right click -> Run As

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info