[2.2] Wurpo's quill rain + cast on crit build (aka stress test build) [not scion anymore]

I'm using this template for my build:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAt9bbWS2osZCDCUZxtAxb9G-enKSHE768guSQEYqvSshuqrXyqW4IsT_86GZ4DYbOIXZbr90NkAqgn2_yOdR311b6_MUx-nb31op_K73mPs9RRzB8pcsM8sLsBbWNv13yjDblGUV8l5f79bQ47LA2Pbl8jAtjQw5IOkJLeN2oMHHUIyT951T_3vPqKgtwUonTcNXh26GkBfkV8MEzdweS815F-uudqmKsbIzYTZSg2mJodELD34QC_o19I_ZNkmegh3ZKfVVLYeKrC3LDzAa0xeOEkycc3C1HUELy4TWS2L1OKloatkE=

> The build basically can't be used as a cast on crit build until at least 60, but preferably 70. Level with spectral throw or something until then.

This guide _overall_ is fantastic but this _one_ sentence is total nonsense as I've personally proven otherwise. I've leveled a Scion from level 1 using a bow + appropriate gems (i.e. poison arrow + frenzy + roa + barrage + split arrow); at level 31 you can use CoCS, each level just adds to your damage.

Is leveling up using something another skill (gem) faster? Not when you can run Docks in cruel shotgunning everything leaving people in shock and awe of how fast you are clearing. :-)

Great guide.
Updated for 2.0.
New video: https://youtu.be/wcTFogo5Zi8

This is just using cold snap, you know what? You could honestly do this with a 4L early on as long as you also had a voll's, cold snap is strong.
Do you level up Split arrow(for the extra arrows) and Barrage or no? Also, what do you think would be best, Elreon jewelry or the Thief's Torment. Thanks.
Cold Snap actually override's CoC's cooldown when used with Voll's Protector (power charge cooldown bypass), so you can actually use more than one copy of it in your links for lots of extra damage.
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
"
risko wrote:
Do you level up Split arrow(for the extra arrows) and Barrage or no? Also, what do you think would be best, Elreon jewelry or the Thief's Torment. Thanks.

Barrage stays at 1, but split arrow can be leveled up if you can handle the increase in mana cost, if you use thief's torment you should be able to handle max level split arrow, but with elreon jewelry you'll have to stop leveling it temporarily at some point to keep split arrow from costing mana.

Thief's torment is better I think, it also has massive life sustain along with the mana due to how many times you actually hit.
Last edited by Wurps on Jul 20, 2015, 5:17:01 PM
"
TheEnforcer wrote:
Cold Snap actually override's CoC's cooldown when used with Voll's Protector (power charge cooldown bypass), so you can actually use more than one copy of it in your links for lots of extra damage.

I've never seen anything about power charges being able to bypass cast on crit's inability to cast the same spell at the same time (it used to work, but they nerfed it so triple EK cyclone wouldn't work)

Do you have a source for this?
Just discovered that the Fertile Mind jewel is super nice for this build (goes in the slot left of vaal pact), there were int problems before but you get like 80 int for one jewel slot, it's worth if you don't want to get a ton of int on gear.
What is the reason you go all the way up to get Doom Cast? It doesn't add crit chance for your bow attacks, so it doesn't improve CoC, AFAIK. Aren't there more effective ways of improving spell damage? (Haven't checked surrounding nodes yet)
"
BattleLeader wrote:
What is the reason you go all the way up to get Doom Cast? It doesn't add crit chance for your bow attacks, so it doesn't improve CoC, AFAIK. Aren't there more effective ways of improving spell damage? (Haven't checked surrounding nodes yet)

Yeah, I wasn't totally sure about that area.

I updated the build to remove that section and grab more jewel sockets, since jewels are insane.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info