[2.2] Wurpo's quill rain + cast on crit build (aka stress test build) [not scion anymore]

"
HeyterVic wrote:
Check ColbyCheeze modification of the build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/705481. He is going ia a right direction making CoC scion more viable into high maps. More life passives nods and less spell dmg ones. Eliminating Spell Dmg might help VS Ele Reflect, if you can raise accuracy and speed to get more but weaker attacks can be the wise option.

I think it's terrible, he's not utilizing attack speed double boost of quill rain. It's easier to go wand+shield and stack a lot of crit chance and it will give the chance to block for more survivability. Also if he want increase survivability he should get some chaos resistance and remove physical damage(EK)
Playing with 70-80ms ping, which is causing long loading between zones,
resulting in 2-4 minutes disadvantage in 1 hour races.
(I was wrong, it wasn't a ping issue but something else on GGG side)
I don´t think its that bad. I´d say haste (the passive node - shadowtree) is a no-brainer, and the accuracy-nodes he took in the scion tree would be better off to the far right, besides his 30Int-Node. But this build will work regardless.

@kefihrl: what attack-speed is he missing out, other than haste and a frenzy-charge?
"
dasGute wrote:

@kefihrl: what attack-speed is he missing out, other than haste and a frenzy-charge?

Finesse, 2*Bow Attack Speed and Critical Chance, 12-16% As on gloves, 10% on Starkonja's Head.

Also he's writing "Voll's is required for cold snap without using Power Charge on Crit gem." That means he didn't try using both. Cold snap is consuming all power charges and crit chance starts spiking a lot, this is not good.

I did some testing, and accuracy appears to be important :) Will have to rework my spreadsheet then and thought on stats values.
"
kefirhl wrote:
I did some testing, and accuracy appears to be important :) Will have to rework my spreadsheet then and thought on stats values.

hope I wont be banned for answering to myself :p
here is a result of my testing:
If i swap my 12% attack speed gloves to 300 accuracy gloves, swap my Starkonja's Head helm to 300 accuracy helm, swap 3x3%attack speed nodes to 20%accuracy+dex+random, my chance to hit vs lvl 75 monsters will raise from 75% to 85%, I will loose amount of barrage arrows shoots/min(from 2048 to 1744) but I will earn amount of successful CoC procs(from 22,77/100 to 29,25/100) that will increase overall dps by 6%. Not too big difference in the end) Saves some mana, since we shoot less. Proc sets will appear less frequently, but within a set of procs it will do more damage. So if you like to see procs more often - go for attack speed as I did :p
"
kefirhl wrote:

. Cold snap is consuming all power charges and crit chance starts spiking a lot, this is not good.

Cold snap isn't consuming all power charges it's a visual bug. My crit chance doesn't spike at all while shooting my LA with cold snap. Once i'm at 4(my current max) power charges my crit chance is currently 40.5% it stays at 40.5% even though im seeing anywhere from 0-4 from the charge indicator in the top left.
"
Dagnius wrote:
"
kefirhl wrote:

. Cold snap is consuming all power charges and crit chance starts spiking a lot, this is not good.

Cold snap isn't consuming all power charges it's a visual bug. My crit chance doesn't spike at all while shooting my LA with cold snap. Once i'm at 4(my current max) power charges my crit chance is currently 40.5% it stays at 40.5% even though im seeing anywhere from 0-4 from the charge indicator in the top left.

are you sure you read whole post, or just 1 phrase? Is what you've said related to PCoC with no Voll's?

"
Also he's writing "Voll's is required for cold snap without using Power Charge on Crit gem." That means he didn't try using both. Cold snap is consuming all power charges and crit chance starts spiking a lot, this is not good.

maybe with LA it doesn't consume charges, but with barrage or split arrow it does. But LA is also terrible for build since it does not give near close amount of procs we get from other 2.
Last edited by kefirhl on Feb 7, 2014, 4:12:27 AM
Do you still use lightning arrow? I thought it had been nerfed.

I have not done any calculation. But I noticed that if I replace my trigger spell(barrage level1) by a +14 split arrow that I miss far more shots even if or because? split covers a wider area. But since the goal is to hit and crit to proc the à linked spell...

I am not certain I see the added value of using Valls devotion here. I admit endurance charges are nice, but you cannot use another ring because of thief's torment. You get stuck with Valls protector. So you only have boots helmet and amulet to get your mods. Have I missed something?
"
edessiex wrote:
Do you still use lightning arrow? I thought it had been nerfed.

I have not done any calculation. But I noticed that if I replace my trigger spell(barrage level1) by a +14 split arrow that I miss far more shots even if or because? split covers a wider area. But since the goal is to hit and crit to proc the à linked spell...

I am not certain I see the added value of using Valls devotion here. I admit endurance charges are nice, but you cannot use another ring because of thief's torment. You get stuck with Valls protector. So you only have boots helmet and amulet to get your mods. Have I missed something?

I am a big fan of the idea and i will get Volls devotion as soon as i get into standard league. The only thing missing on this amulet to make it nearly perfect, is some accuracy (and maybe a little bit more life, but thats nagging on high level).

The best thing is that due to conduit, all of my party gets a steady stream of Power-Charges, Endurance-Charges and Frenzy-Charges. An since a friend of mine is playing a Cyclone-Discharger and our killspeed already tends to be ridiculous, i wonder what happens if i generate endurance charges as well.
But yeah, the missing accuracy might be a problem, since i am using Doedre's Tenure (and after testing i intend to keep it that way). The common offensive boosts you get from amulets are to low for my taste.

But if you are playing solo, theres probably a better amulet out there.

And split arrow has its ups and downs. I don´t use it right now, cause i am still missing a second 6l and i am not sure if i will afterwards. I guess the biggest advantage of split arrow is probably, that the desync tends to be more harmless. If you are desync by only a little bit, you might miss 2 entire barrages, before you realize and hit the /oos. If you have bad luck (and not enough life) you might be dead at this point. Other than that, you don´t have to use GMP.

@kefirhl: I was watching my power-charges and crit-chance and my crit-chance does stay the same and only VERY rarely do i see, that i dont have 5 Power charges (i did respec - no more 6 power charges). Now you might be right, and i actually DO loose one or two power charges (and their effect) once in a while, without realizing it. Anyway, using power-charge-on-crit together with Volls, seems ridiculous to me in any case. Using a Gem in a 6l, for the mere CHANCE to get (lets say) 100% more critical strike chance once in a while, is just not worth it. You would be better of with a Increased Critical Strikes gem (+105% critical strike ALWAYS). But maybe thats not what you were trying to say and i just misunderstood.
Ah yes and you wrote something about a sheet you are using to calculate your damage. I might have made something similar but since i am not 100% sure about the mathematics (it´s been some years), I´d really like to know how you actually calculate the effect of chain (especially considering using chain-able-spells).
"
dasGute wrote:
But maybe thats not what you were trying to say and i just misunderstood.

I looks to me that you are idd misunderstanding what I've wrote and what did I write about.

here are my words without cutting, like you did:
"

Both in that case was: PCoC+Cold Snap, not that kind of both: PCoC+Voll's. And you are telling about somebody using Voll's+PCoC+Cold Snap? That's nonsense. Your words "Anyway, using power-charge-on-crit together with Volls, seems ridiculous to me in any case." So to anybody else it would look ridiculous.

Again, I've said that some guys in his "mini-guide" is giving false information. Voll's is required for cold snap, Voll's is actually only option cold snap could be used for this spec. Removing Voll's and getting PCoC will also require removing Cold Snap from the spells setup.

Hope it's clear now.

"
dasGute wrote:
Ah yes and you wrote something about a sheet you are using to calculate your damage. I might have made something similar but since i am not 100% sure about the mathematics (it´s been some years), I´d really like to know how you actually calculate the effect of chain (especially considering using chain-able-spells).

In my spreadsheet I'm calculating the difference between crit chance/attack speed/accuracy stats on generating amount of spell triggers per time. Ideally I would also calculate damage per proc and dependences of spellpower/critmulti/critchance on that, maybe later I would do.
If you are already calculating those in yours I don't see what's a problem of including chain. And I'm not using chain myself, tried, didn't like.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info