[2.2] Wurpo's quill rain + cast on crit build (aka stress test build) [not scion anymore]

Sry for misunderstanding you.

I made some calculations with chain already and although i am not sure about the damage output, the number of procs should get potentialy trippled, as long as there are 2 enemies present. Thats why i am stuck to using barrage. Its easier to hit with all 8 projectiles (with GMP). If you are only using spells that are not affected by chain itself, it should about triple your effective damage-output. Now the funny part is, that (for example) fireball chains as well, potentialy more than doubling the damage of the original FB Damage. Then theres also the possibility, that enemies standing close to each other, get caught in the explosion of the others projectiles. Now making a sheet for all that is kinda difficult, because to have some reliable numbers, i would have to have an approximation as to how many enemies are actually getting hit, by a gmp fireball at different ranges. And you would have to consider the AOE of fireball... Right now, i could only guess.

The thing that i am sure of is, that if there is only one enemy present, chain lowers the damage output by more than 1/3.
Last edited by dasGute on Feb 7, 2014, 5:49:42 PM
What are you guys referring to when you say "PCoC"?

Is it "Patched Cast on Crit"?
"
neurotech wrote:
What are you guys referring to when you say "PCoC"?

Is it "Patched Cast on Crit"?

power charge on critical
Playing with 70-80ms ping, which is causing long loading between zones,
resulting in 2-4 minutes disadvantage in 1 hour races.
(I was wrong, it wasn't a ping issue but something else on GGG side)
My calculation sheet is now almost done and works with the following components. The only thing not working (yet) is chain for spells.

attackspeed flat
attackspeed-%
frenzy charges
Projectiles per attack
Barrage
Chain
Accuracy %
Chance to Crit base %
Chance to Crit %
Power Charges
COC %
Spells
Spell 1 min-damage
Spell 1 max-damage
Spell 1 Spellcritical base
Spell 1 Spellcritical %
Spell 1 Chainable
Spell 2 min-damage
Spell 2 max-damage
Spell 2 Spellcritical base
Spell 2 Spellcritical %
Spell 2 Chainable
Spell 3 min-damage
Spell 3 max-damage
Spell 3 Spellcritical base
Spell 3 Spellcritical %
Spell 3 Chainable
Spelldamage %
Crit-Multiplier %

Anyone wanna take a look at it? I don´t think i made any mistakes, but i am not sure...
Last edited by dasGute on Feb 12, 2014, 7:38:13 AM
Just wanted to thank you for the Flame Totem - Kb - Blind idea!

While my CoC Barrage fellow is only progressing slowly due to only 4links and no Thiefs Torment, the Flame Totem supports work wonders on my new summoner, i can recommend it wholeheartedly to people liking to use Voidbearers, Tentacle Miscreations or the like.

Also note that if you're too poor for a 5l Volls/Quill or Thiefs Torment the build works fine enough to get some fun out of it and advance to low maps. My solution to the mana problems of getting Eldritch Battery and using only Barrage instead of Split Arrow works well enough for merciless a3, as does the single target dmg of just gmp with fball/abreath and aoe dmg via chain with coldsnap or firestorm.
"
dasGute wrote:
My calculation sheet is now almost done and works with the following components. The only thing not working (yet) is chain for spells.
Anyone wanna take a look at it? I don´t think i made any mistakes, but i am not sure...

just share the result :) which gear affix would you value from best to worst
Playing with 70-80ms ping, which is causing long loading between zones,
resulting in 2-4 minutes disadvantage in 1 hour races.
(I was wrong, it wasn't a ping issue but something else on GGG side)
I don´t have definite answer for that. It really depends on how high other factors already are and what skill-support-combinations you use.
But attackspeed is not always as good as it might seem. Especially for Barrage.
Spell damage on the other hand, is a rather "absolute" damage enhancement, that gets multiplied by critical multiplier. BUT it loses much of its impact, if paired with GMP and/or CHAIN. And i found out, that pretty much all "damage" bonuses get multiplied with pretty much the lowest possible spell-damage-version. So if you use Chain or GMP. The initial spelldamage, gets reduced by 50% (and 25% for both), while the damage+ bonus from GMP and Chain is the same as spelldamage for that matter. So the potential 39% damage are actually way lower than they apear at first glance. But to be honest, the damage is pretty ridiculous no matter what you do.

Ah yes, but Chain is pretty much the biggest single factor, that raises the damage by an insane factor. Doesn´t even matter whether or not you use spells that support it either.

[EDIT] i erased the numbers i had here, because there still was an minor Arithmetic mistake, that calculated all the damage about 10-15% to high and i realized, that fireball is probably a bad idea without gmp for crowds. Still the dimensions were about right.

These numbers are insane compared to most of my other characters and even though barrage seems really low in comparison, its actually the one, that has the most reliable numbers. Thats because its not difficult to always shot all arrows at an enemy. And thats why the SplitArrow-GMP combination is probably the weakest of them all (since the damage is only slightly higher, than the combination with 3 spells and no GMP).

And i only added a maximum of 3 spells on the sheet cause i think theres no way, that 4 spells would actually make any sense (except for dropping the FPS even lower ;).
Last edited by dasGute on Feb 15, 2014, 6:31:25 AM
Selling my full char for this build

if anyone interested pm me
Last edited by equin on Feb 19, 2014, 10:08:13 AM
Equin, I've got a slight different take on what you're currently using. I'm currently only lvl 75, but I have the next 10 levels planned out. I'm currently sitting at 43% chance to crit with my equipment and 6 power charges.

Daskar's equipment

Here's a comparison of our builds:

Daskar's stats

+150 to Strength
+160 to Dexterity
+845 to maximum Life
+4 Maximum Frenzy Charge
218% increased maximum Life
22% increased Attack Speed
220% increased Critical Strike Chance
20% increased Critical Strike Multiplier
15% increased Power Charge Duration
+30% increased Melee Physical Damage
+320 Accuracy Rating
32% increased Evasion Rating
12% increased Physical Damage

Equin's stats

+130 to Strength
+150 to Dexterity
+815 to maximum Life
+5 Maximum Frenzy Charge
202% increased maximum Life
28% increased Attack Speed
240% increased Critical Strike Chance
50% increased Critical Strike Multiplier
18% increased Frenzy Charge Duration
+26% increased Melee Physical Damage
+300 Accuracy Rating
30% increased Evasion Rating

In short, mine has higher max life, 6% slower attack speed, 20% lower increased critical strike chance, 30% lower increased critical strike multiplier, additional power charge duration, higher accuracy and 12% increased physical damage. Note: I only included the differences between our base passives in the stats above.

I think that the lower attack speed and critical strike chance is very negligible. I noticed you took the Pressure Points node, which gives 30% increase crit strike multiplier, I do not think is worth it so I did not pick it up. My build has a higher base accuracy rating as well as higher dex, for more accuracy.

I highly recommend that you go through power charge duration instead of Ferocity to get to Acrobatics. This saves 1 point, which I apply to the dex node directly under Haste, to get to the bow accuracy nodes and Conditioning. This allows for more base dex while skipping the worthless frenzy nodes. I also opted for Path of the Warrior. This increases Ethereal Knives damage, since it's physical, as well as providing more survivability.

Let me know what you think.
Last edited by Daskar84 on Feb 25, 2014, 1:19:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info