[2.2] Wurpo's quill rain + cast on crit build (aka stress test build) [not scion anymore]

"
Renxiem wrote:
So I have some questions about the survivability of this build. I am 82 at the moment and have nearly no problem to clear most of the maps from 67 to 72 except for reflect maps.

I am using for AOE damage:
Split Arrow + Chain + CoC + EK + Cold Snap

But I have some questions, because if I achieve to get a 6Link i want to try out your Links for AOE Damage:

1. What do you do about Elemental Reflect on maps/mobs? Are you re-rolling these maps or is it possible to handle "Elemental Reflect" mobs with the LGoH from Thief's Torment ?

2. What about Lightning Thorns? I never died to these (although it's very dangerous). With my currenc Link i do not hit as often as using your links, which seems very dangerous for me if you shoot your AOE on LT mobs.

3. Can we survive high Damage in endgame maps, because you can not really stack so much life and evasion, because of using Thief's Torment and Voll's.

And because of this, is it useful to skill more "increased maximum life" nodes instead of "increased Spell/Elemental damage" nodes like i did in my current passive tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAvryC5JARiq9KyG6qtfI1kqxZiPHnY_4K8kU64aZXTeP-jzGet9bbWS2osZCDCUZxtAxb9JMnHNx_xqKjwfNtGS0fTLNQMNteJ6labSQ8p1xJURGWnaP8qw5InapirOOEY0PAUXDVcFLz6ha_h9th4l3yfjOkkROejDZVSyaVbXu1SIhrNj2lywzyBbXUI92oxqIwcUt4OkKNv1FHqriqf419Ps-95vljFfA6WAR-hxnnVCT91QDh26Gk_sgwfH8r1opv8jnUoJ8=

4. I am using Cwdt + Enduring Cry + Immortal Call + Increased Duration. Do you see any better uses for Cwdt in this build? (i currently need this, because i am using EK and this is really good surviving Physical Reflect without any problems!)

1. I reroll them, I can deal with individual packs well enough if there aren't a massive amount and they aren't clumped up like the crabs are when they unburrow.

2. I end up freezing the arcmages before they ever cast lightning thorns, this only applies if I'm the one initiating combat though, if you're in a group of players and you don't initiate on them you will probably die using the 6L with LA

3. With a jade flask always rolling you can dodge most things and with my flame totem link you can make dangerous enemies useless, but certain spell damage bosses can be trouble.

I have a similar amount of life nodes, I think you have 3 more.

4. That's pretty much the best option, especially if you use EK.
Hey Wurpo!!!

Your Build very Nice!

Do u show Offence ,Misc , Charges and Defencs for me! I need it! Thank u sir!!!

My Scion is still quite low level, but I wanted to know if there was any tangible difference between Ethereal Knives and another spell at low level. Currently, I've been experimenting with different spell combinations, but I'm looking for consistency in hits. Sometimes Arctic Breath just shoots off into its own world, or Arc fails to chain to even close mobs.

Cold Snap seems to hit everything consistently (I'm running LA as the trigger skill for AoE--maybe I should switch to Split Arrow and swap GMP for Chain), but I need better coverage once everything activates, particularly for low level/gem quality.
Last edited by Eninya on Dec 29, 2013, 11:31:34 AM
Why do you use Artic Breath + Arc for Aoe and not Artic Breath + Fireball
Last edited by AuemNigri on Dec 30, 2013, 2:10:12 AM
Does anyone speculate CoC being nerfed? I really hope they don't nerf it.
This build has been super fun so far, and every public party is like *wtf :o*, so funny xD! Thank you so much for sharing!

I could only affort two 5 links, but it is still really really powerfull, and figured i would share my version of this build.

For single targets, i do exactly as you suggested ( Barrage, CoC, GMP, Fireball, Fireball )

For AOE i use (LA, CoC, GMP, Chain, Ethereal Knives)

-EK gives alot of damage, wich makes you die instantly to reflect. To counter that, i use ( Cast on Damage Taken (lvl 1), Endurancy Cry, Endurance Cry, Immortal call)
(Dont know if 2x Endurance cry is actually nessesarry, but why not be on the safe side)

So i will take damage from my first attack, wich will trigger Immortal Call, then be immortal to the seccond, and leech my life back.. Works perfectly, no need for vall-pact.

I also use Blood-Rage to gain endurance charges.

And youre awesome flame-totem blinder!

This build is deffently viable with only 5 Linkers.

Here is my gear if enyone is curious:
Spoiler

And also, i have not taken any mana notes in the passive skill tree, dont really know why that would be needed?

Thanks again!
Last edited by BjarkeBums on Dec 30, 2013, 2:09:43 PM
@AuemNigri
I don't use arctic breath for aoe. Where does it say I do?
I use cold snap and arc. It's a very strong combo.

@Arthelon
Early on I sent chris an email about the potential of griefing using a quill rain with CoC with the laggiest skills, it hasn't been nerfed yet so maybe there's hope.

@BjarkeBums
I'm glad you enjoy :)

I'd stay away from the mana nodes.

I also used CWDT+EC+Immortal call when I was experimenting with eth knives, but I actually managed to die on a phys reflect map when the eth knives bounced so far that the immortal call wore off.

If you had Voll's Devotion you could do it safely though.
Last edited by Wurps on Dec 30, 2013, 3:37:32 PM
"
Wurps wrote:
I also used CWDT+EC+Immortal call when I was experimenting with eth knives, but I actually managed to die on a phys reflect map when the eth knives bounced so far that the immortal call wore off.

Do you think quality Immortal Call and (possibly quality) Increased Duration would prevent this from happening?
@Wurps I'm not using a voll's protector because mine isn't six link so I use tabula rasa and therefore I use Artic Breath instead. But why use Arc for Aoe over Fireball? Does it depend on what element the mobs resist? Or because Arc can shock?
Last edited by AuemNigri on Dec 30, 2013, 9:50:06 PM
Hey Wurpo!!!

Your Build very Nice!

Do u show Offence ,Misc , Charges and Defencs for me! I need it! Thank u sir!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info