The free PoE Razer footprints effect offer is NO LONGER available!

Long live the Razer footprints!!!

Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Please don't derail the thread.

Please do get your free Razer Footprints! =^[.]^=

how much money does GGG get for each pair of footprints?

Razer sure does spend a lot on marketing!

too bad that money doesn't go into their products.
Last edited by Veruski on Apr 2, 2014, 4:42:15 PM
"
Veruski wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Please don't derail the thread.

Please do get your free Razer Footprints! =^[.]^=

how much money does GGG get for each pair of footprints?

Razer sure does spend a lot on marketing!

No money actually changed hands in the deal. It is purely cross-marketing. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
guess that means the exchange is under NDA

which is not surprising
"
Veruski wrote:

which is not surprising

[Removed by Support] Also, you don't have to claim the FREE MTX either. It came out LONG before you created your account anyway. I rarely see anyone else using them, so what exactly are you complaining for?
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Last edited by Simon_GGG on Apr 2, 2014, 8:03:21 PM
i didn't really "complain" about anything.

i remarked on the awfulness of razer products, and probed a bit about what GGG was getting in exchange, but that seems to be under NDA so no dice
Last edited by Veruski on Apr 2, 2014, 8:20:39 PM
"
Veruski wrote:

which is not surprising

Why would there be money involved? Marketing is valuable enough on its own.
"
Veruski wrote:

I see that claim sometimes, but in my experience, Razer products are high quality. I'm still using my first gen Razer Naga mouse (for about three years now), and in spite of heavy duty use it never gave me any problems. In fact, it's the only gaming mouse that lasted so long (the original Atari ST mouse did too, some 25+ years ago!).

Great quality. I'd never use the footprints, but their products are top-notch.
I finally Razered!
"
Veruski wrote:
i didn't really "complain" about anything.

i remarked on the awfulness of razer products, and probed a bit about what GGG was getting in exchange, but that seems to be under NDA so no dice

No, it's NOT under an NDA. I've already told you (and no, I'm not gonna dig up the quote for you) that Chris specifically stated that no money changed hands; the footprints are in the game and PoE has an ad on Razer's site.

Here's a quote of a quote from Chris which I did happen to come across:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/511482/page/12#p4554227

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are upset about the footprints being implemented. Please read this quote from Chris in regards to his stance on the issue.

"
Chris wrote:
We're very aware that many company logos wouldn't fit in the PoE game world. We've turned down offers from a lot of companies because what they asked for would upset us as gamers. Razer is different for a few reasons. Their logo fits well with the game world and their company culture is very similar to ours. I spent some time with their CEO earlier this year - he is a true gamer and an awesome guy. The software that is being promoted is actually useful for playing PoE, because we don't have voice chat built into the client at this stage.
Partnerships like this (where we can find ones that don't hurt the game) are really important for the future of PoE. I share just as much concern as you do about bad partnerships hurting the game, and will make sure that doesn't happen.

At any rate, most folks dun care if they're Razer or not; some they think they're cool. Use 'em or don't. =^[.]^=

=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Last edited by Raycheetah on Apr 2, 2014, 10:43:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info