Razer Footprints: Poll

Since I play with my texture quality on 5, they just look like light green footprints to match my emerald weapon effect. It's neat.
ign defnob
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are upset about the footprints being implemented. Please read this quote from Chris in regards to his stance on the issue.

You should NOT be sorry. GGG has every right to include or exclude who they want to participate in its' game.

People like or dislike numerous aspects of this game; doesn't mean you have to appease everyone.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are upset about the footprints being implemented. Please read this quote from Chris in regards to his stance on the issue.

"
Chris wrote:
We're very aware that many company logos wouldn't fit in the PoE game world. We've turned down offers from a lot of companies because what they asked for would upset us as gamers. Razer is different for a few reasons. Their logo fits well with the game world and their company culture is very similar to ours. I spent some time with their CEO earlier this year - he is a true gamer and an awesome guy. The software that is being promoted is actually useful for playing PoE, because we don't have voice chat built into the client at this stage.
Partnerships like this (where we can find ones that don't hurt the game) are really important for the future of PoE. I share just as much concern as you do about bad partnerships hurting the game, and will make sure that doesn't happen.

I've already said most of what I have to say via email, but I would like to add this in case I wasn't clear already:

The way the logo looks is irrelevant (at least to me), and if that was supposed to be the justification for it being there, I don't buy it for one second. The logo is intended to make people use Razer products, that's its purpose, and it wouldn't be there if they thought people wouldn't recognize it as being a company logo.

That's what shatters the fantasy, seeing a well known third party logo stamped across the ground in game.

From a purely aesthetic point of view, swastikas actually look pretty nice. That doesn't mean it would be ok for them to become a microtransaction. They represent something I don't want to think about or be reminded of when I'm in Wraeclast. Same applies to company logos.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Aug 30, 2013, 1:27:27 AM
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
I'm sorry to hear that some of you are upset about the footprints being implemented.

At least for me, it's not that they exist. It's chris's next post about not planning to provide a way to disable the advertisement that's really bothersome.
Today, this
Tomorrow, the world

but seriously who cares
i like this game. i mean have you seen how powerful is the barbarian
I'm disgusted at all of the people posting about this issue saying that they are disgusted.

GGG have made an awesome FREE game and I cannot believe how many people are willing to come on here to complain about every little change GGG makes. Now you're bitching about a FREE effect. (to the conspiracy theorists, it's free, meaning you don't have to pay, not free meaning you don't have to give them information *sigh*).

As a FREE game this partnership with Razer is an excellent development. You think "development" and "running" costs for this game are low? Do you think the costs are covered by the Shop? Maybe, I don't know the figures, but I doubt it. How is GGG supposed to get ahead and continue to develop PoE and to develop as a company so that they can bring us more awesome (FREE) games in the future if they don't have the support of companies just like Razer?

The game developers are people just like you and I, they have normal lives outside of the studio and have the same bills and living costs that the rest of us have. They deserve to be paid well for the awesome work they're doing on a game that we all love to play (and love to complain about apparently) so any financial support or any other support they get from third parties should be welcomed and supported by the community. I bet the annual salary for the developers isn't what it should be.

[Removed]

FARK.
Last edited by Bex_GGG on Aug 30, 2013, 1:29:49 AM
Spoiler
"
whangadan wrote:
[Removed]

Ruined what was potentially a good argument. Please do not post with your emotions in front of your point.

EDIT: It was cleaned up already.
Last edited by pneuma on Aug 30, 2013, 1:30:20 AM
"
pneuma wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
I'm sorry to hear that some of you are upset about the footprints being implemented.

At least for me, it's not that they exist. It's chris's next post about not planning to provide a way to disable the advertisement that's really bothersome.

The response I got via email suggested that ther is some consideration being given to players having the option to turn microtransactions off. The idea that I have to turn off effects that I paid for just so I don't have to look at advertisements bothers me, but it would be better than nothing.

"
whangadan wrote:
/snip

Understood, and agreed with regards to people who haven't paid anything, the company has to cover its costs somehow. The thing is, I paid $60 for Skyrim and there weren't any corporate logos stamped on the floor of Nirn, so why should there be corporate logos stamped on the floor of Wraeclast for those who paid to support it?
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Aug 30, 2013, 1:39:27 AM
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
The thing is, I paid $60 for Skyrim and there weren't any corporate logos stamped on the floor of Nirn, so why should there be corporate logos stamped on the floor of Wraeclast for those who paid to support it?

You haven't paid PoE, you just supported his development
i like this game. i mean have you seen how powerful is the barbarian
Just make it available to supporters to turn it off. It might drive some people to buy supporter packs xDDDDD.

Honestly i dont have much problem with it.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info