The free PoE Razer footprints effect offer is NO LONGER available!

"
pneuma wrote:
"
I agree, but I have a feeling the forcing everyone to see the advertisement was part of the deal.

I assume so. No other explanation really fits. Selling out is always an option, but many people (mistakenly) thought GGG was above that.

---

"
pneuma wrote:
Hopefully people using these MTXs have ... empathy and compassion for their fellow gamer
"
TheWretch wrote:
All the tears are just pretty funny to me. So entitled.

Oh, thanks Pneuma.
#NeverGoing90
Take it up with GGG. Free MTX for all those who want it!
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
TwistedTrip wrote:

Lol, I expected as much.

lol I expected you to bow out so I guess that's a wrap :)

You think this is a fight or something? What are you a child? Pointless to reply to you further in any respect.
#NeverGoing90
"
TwistedTrip wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
TwistedTrip wrote:

Lol, I expected as much.

lol I expected you to bow out so I guess that's a wrap :)

You think this is a fight or something? What are you a child? Pointless to reply to you further in any respect.

So please, by all means, do so. Or keep bumping a thread advertising something you dislike, either way we're good.
"
TheWretch wrote:
And no, I wouldn't remove MTX's to please you.

That's fine.

My suggestion has always been for GGG to allow people to disable their view of the footprints so that nobody has to act nicely to be perceived as nice. You're right that I should take it up with GGG personally instead of posting here (and bumping this thread) -- it's been a few months since I last bothered them about this.

On the other hand, I already refuse to trade and party with people with those footprints, so maybe it's for the best that I can quickly weed out the bad apples. I suffer in the short-term from being advertised to, but I gain in the long-term by not having to deal with or support people that are trying to offend and demean others.
Last edited by pneuma on Mar 20, 2014, 7:02:54 PM
Wow. Seems like some folks are easily offended, and dun mind taking it out on those of us who aren't.

"Bad apples"? Won't party or trade with them?

Well, okay.

Hurry up and get your annoying in-game advertisements now, folks, and guarantee exclusion and social ostracism by players who are prolly too sensitive to deal with, anyway! =^[.]^=

ETA: People who rock the Razer footprints aren't trying to "offend" or "demean" anybody. they simply like the effect.
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Last edited by Raycheetah on Mar 20, 2014, 8:30:20 PM
"
pneuma wrote:
Forcing real-life advertisements on other people playing video games as a means of escapism is nothing short of griefing. It's like going to the library and putting a "Eat at Joe's!" ad pamphlet into the middle of every fiction book.

The rationale is that the Joe's-pamphlet-inserter loves the way Joe's logo looks, or loves the company, but the reality is that he's just ruining the enjoyment of people who want to be focusing on the Dragon Smaug in Middle Earth, not thinking about where they want to go for lunch or how much or how little money they have.
"
Raycheetah wrote:
ETA: People who rock the Razer footprints aren't trying to "offend" or "demean" anybody. they simply like the effect.

100% correct.
"
pneuma wrote:
"
pneuma wrote:
Forcing real-life advertisements on other people playing video games as a means of escapism is nothing short of griefing. It's like going to the library and putting a "Eat at Joe's!" ad pamphlet into the middle of every fiction book.

The rationale is that the Joe's-pamphlet-inserter loves the way Joe's logo looks, or loves the company, but the reality is that he's just ruining the enjoyment of people who want to be focusing on the Dragon Smaug in Middle Earth, not thinking about where they want to go for lunch or how much or how little money they have.

Yes, I got that.

Look, Pneuma, I like you, and generally agree with you on most points. But I just don't get how deeply this seems to offend you. It's NOT that big a deal. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
ETA: People who blow vuvuzelas into your face while you're at a concert aren't trying to "offend" anybody, they simply like the sound.

Tragedy of the commons.
Last edited by pneuma on Mar 20, 2014, 8:50:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info