$10 for 10 more guild spots is a farce.

"
9js wrote:
"
Peenk wrote:

It goes against everything they preach lol, in no way whatsoever should you have to pay to make use of an in-game feature. Guild A will be better than Guild B because they pay for it, simple as.

We do not even know how guild tournaments will be done. For all we know, it will be in brackets based on member capacity or have a limit on how many members can participate at once. Complaining this early is ridiculous.

The guild stash is an additional feature. It does not hinder gameplay whatsoever. It just eases transactions between guildmates. Additional utility.

People said that time and time again with the Aura updates, and that was still shit after release..
Whats wrong with the aura changes?
"
If you have a guild with over 30 people, then they can chip in to get more slots for people and also chip in to get tabs for the guild. Team effort.

You can barely get a group of people to log in at the same time same place, and release just happened, other than a few close knit - since beta type guilds you really think people are just going to send money to their guild leader to pay for the upgrades? You dont think me, as a guild leader asking for donations would sort of undermine my leadership or show lack of dedication, do you really think the AVERAGE guild leader is going to get people to throw money at him for additional content/features?

I think not, so make your comments because you're being unrealistic.

GGG deserves to make money, but I would rather them do it on the model of trying to make 5-10$ a month per person than trying to make 20-40$ a month off a lower % of the population. They've made over 3million in donations, the community is NOT holding out on them, and they should at this point not be trying to get MAX dollar for stuff, if we wanted a company all about the MAX dollar, we'd go play a Blizzard or Activision game.

It's not P2W, but it doesn't mean we can't complain the pricing seems a little whack. 10$ to make a weapon glow a certain way is alittle high considering other good structions like Riot/League of Legends sell 10$ a completely new champion or complete new entire skin/outfit.

Yes most of that is MORE optional than stash tabs, which still ultimately are optional it doesnt mean that as a consumer and fan of the game, that you don't WANT to give GGG money but WANT to do it at an exchange rate you feel is fair. If I paid 15$ a month to GGG via item shop I would get such minimal cosmetic or upgrades it is not even worth sneezing at.
Closed Beta|Open Beta|Release|League Only
Last edited by CrownOfThorns on Oct 30, 2013, 10:48:09 AM
I like the way it is. It encourages small guilds that will only expand if the people involved are really serious about it. Unless someone just has money to throw around, but there won't be too many of those people.
As I said int he other thread: If you require every member to contribute 15 points to your guild, then the first 30 members will buy a +10 member expansion, and six guild stash tabs. Every ten members thereafter will buy another guild stash tab and another +10 member expansion. In this way, guild expansion will sustain itself.

If a member absolutely cannot afford a $5 points pack (enough for 15 points to the guild +1 personal premium stash tab when on sale) or a $10 pack (enough for 15 points to the guild + four personal stash tabs when on sale), then have another member sponsor them.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Free to play games need to be fed cash to stay alive.

Eventually, people will have to pay for the game someday. whether they are small contributions like guild development or self development like the cosmetic cash shop.

How will GGG make money if we don't "throw" money at it? Again, the people who are serious about this game will throw money at it, it will probably be less than what the game would cost per person if it was boxed - or you may pay 40+ dollars - eventually that helps the devs.

I feel weird playing a free to play game without thanking the Devs SOMEHOW.

Maybe what i am saying is besides the point, but anyhow.
"
We also wanted to ensure that all of the game content is available for no charge. We don't want players to feel alienated because they have decided not to purchase anything.

You dont think this applies to people who make guilds. Have fun with 30 slots, with absolutely no guild storage for free :).

And my complaining is coming from someone whos paid 90$ already, I have a few cosmetics 9 personal tabs, few upgrades, and a whopping 1 guild tab. I think for 90$ i'd be rolling in upgrades!
Closed Beta|Open Beta|Release|League Only
"
johnKeys wrote:

Guild Stash and recruiting more members - sure does.
especially considering, Guilds will soon start competing against each other.

I think I missed the announcement of guild challenges, because this seems a little exaggerated to me.

If guild challenges are like the 4-month league Challenges, then the guild system as it currently stands is no more P2W than private stash tabs are.

If, however, there is going to be a guild ladder, or some other form of "winning" to be attributed to a guild who completes more challenges faster, or is the victor in a PvP tournament, then that is dangerously more P2W than private stash tabs are.

It depends on what GGG defines as "winning," and apparently they think that receiving a T-shirt and having public recognition of completing four-month league challenges does not constitute "winning," as I am quite sure they acknowledged that buying stash tabs grants an advantage in completing the challenges (due to the necessity of holding all the uniques for the duration of the league).

My impression was that guild challenges would be like the 4-month league Challenges, but I haven't found any information on it.

The community at large also tends to agree that private stash tabs are not P2W (even though they are, if only slightly), so if my impression (about guild Challenges) is correct, then I am very confused at why any outrage should be made about a P2W "guild system."

The point about D2 guilds was actually rather a good one, as dedicated free players can very easily emulate a guild system by designating a global chat (such as /global 39343) as guild home, and have dedicated (trusted) mulers.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
A idea for free guild bank tabs could be for every 4 challenges a guild(of the upcoming guild challenges) completes grants one guild tab.
Luke: Sorry we have to leave you here, but it just ain't right to eat your wife's and daughter's brains. Plus you're really disgusting and I don't want to spend anymore time with you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info