All Ears Achievement Dialogue List and Lore (verified)

"
Rhys wrote:
I just did a run-through of this achievement. I found a couple that were impossible: these will be fixed soon.

Pelife123 is correct: you need to help all three bandit lords, but you also need to kill them all to help Eramir. This is only possible with judicious use of a bandit respec book.

I will give y'all a hint that might speed this up for you: you can get 180/190 just by playing through Normal difficulty. The last 10 are from alternate quest routes and should be obvious once you have the first 180. (please wait for the patch that fixes the few impossible ones before spending too much time on this)

When did it break? Steam indicates that 0.5% of the playerbase has managed to earn it.

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/PathofExile/achievements
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
No wonder this one was seemingly so hard.. Thanks for the info!
Attempted this twice, this news is both great and depressing at the same time.
"
Rhys wrote:
I just did a run-through of this achievement. I found a couple that were impossible: these will be fixed soon.

Pelife123 is correct: you need to help all three bandit lords, but you also need to kill them all to help Eramir. This is only possible with judicious use of a bandit respec book.

I will give y'all a hint that might speed this up for you: you can get 180/190 just by playing through Normal difficulty. The last 10 are from alternate quest routes and should be obvious once you have the first 180. (please wait for the patch that fixes the few impossible ones before spending too much time on this)

You need to either make this achievement account wide or remove the bandit dialogues from it. This is not really acceptable.

I've been trying to do this. Found out some dialogues are pretty hard to find.

Found one dialogue with Tarkleigh thats only available after you have picked up the "3 sea shells" in mud flats, approached the wall you click to open submerged. But before clicking it you have to tp out and talk to him so he can tell you that you should probably click the wall.
Seriously, we need instruction, step-by-step. ;D Soneone has to write it... After getting achievement.
I got a new bit of dialogue about the fellshrine ruins from eramir post-patch, so that seems to be one of the impossible ones fixed by the patch.

Bandit respec books aren't exactly cheap so I don't really want to be using them willy nilly to test things. Can they be used midquest (I'm guessing not)? Do we only need one in theory to get all ears (one playthrough for each bandit, plus book to talk to eramir as if we killed them all), or none (killing them all not needed as indicated in the first GGG post, but apparently not the most recent), or multiple? Does the book need to be used prior to dealing with the darkness, or is that dialogue quest related so book usage could be done even after killing the oversoul? Do use of the book reset the quest entirely, or just change the reward and post-quest dialogues?

It would be nice if we knew what things exactly could trigger new dialogue (or lock us out of dialogue). Any sort of quest progress that updates our journal is one thing, as well as simply entering a new area, as well as hearing new dialogue.

Questions then:

Does the order of hearing the dialogue matter? That is, could talking to one NPC about an optional subject lock out dialogue from another, perhaps because theres special dialogue when your character is hearing about something for the first time from any character or something. If so, just clicking all dialogue until every character has no white dialogue left might be problematic.

Can environmental lore trigger dialogue choices?

Can things from a later act trigger new optional dialogue from NPCs in an earlier one? (The only thing I can recall is tarkleigh as part of the way forward quest, but that might just be quest dialogue and not optional.)

Is it necessary to avoid all optional quest progress until one has access to all NPC's in the act, or do the only people who matter with an optional quest are the ones reasonably available at the time? (e.g. no act 1 side quest progress until meeting fairgraves, no act 2 side quest progress until oak, and no act 3 side quest progress until siosa.)

Other than the bandits, what alternate quest routes are there? Does the order you find the busts in act 3 matter perhaps? I don't think there's playthroughs to get all the permutations there, so I'm skeptical, but I'm not sure what else there is to do differently.

I don't know if anyone knows the answer to any of these (except GGG folk who would be much appreciated if they answered some of them), but they seem like questions we should be considering as we try to get this achievement done with.

I'm currently going through super carefully and running around to every NPC after every bit of quest progress/dialogue/area to see how things go post patch, but particular with the respec book thing I'm not terribly optimistic.
"
Rhys wrote:

Can the in-game progress display be fixed to be displayed per-character, since the achievement is tracked per-character?

For example, I completed 182/190 on my first character, but failed to finish the achievement. When I try it again on a new character I can't track my progress because it still displays 182/190. (This should probably also be done for similar achievements such as No Stone Unturned.)
Regarding Books of Reform:

1) You cannot use a Book of Reform if you have not completed the quest.
2) You cannot use a Book of Reform if it would have no effect (i.e. you can't use a book of Eramir's favour if you already helped him and killed all the bandits).
3) Books of Reform only change your reward stat (+life, +mana, +max power charges, etc). They do not change any other quest state, such as whether or not you have killed the bandits.
4) Following from point 3, you can therefore use Books of Reform to let you kill bandits you previously helped. This is necessary to do at least once to gain the achievement.

Some other clarifications:
-Optional dialogue never makes other dialogue disappear. It does sometimes make new ones appear, though.
-Environmental lore has no effect on dialogue.
Code warrior
"
Can the in-game progress display be fixed to be displayed per-character, since the achievement is tracked per-character?
I agree with that, I'm stuck with 178 and can't see progress with new chars. It would be logical to fix it that way. And with No stone unturned too, though it's not a problem since we have a list of lores :)
"
You can therefore use Books of Reform to let you kill bandits you previously helped. This is necessary to do at least once to gain the achievement.
So I guess for achievement, we need at least 3 books (which?) for 3 difficulties. As I understood, to do the achievement, we need to go through the game until merciless, act 2. No need to go further, right?
"
Zaqwert wrote:
This achievement is retarded. You make one mistake and complete a part of a quest without talking to an NPC first and you gotta start completely over?

I'll never even try to get this one.

The sane way this achievement is normally written is to hear every piece of dialog period, not on just one character.

As written now it's not an achievement so much as an exercise in OCD.

Even fixed this achievement is retarded.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info