All Ears Achievement Dialogue List and Lore (verified)

You must complete the All Ears achievement on one character. This also applies to Locomancer and No Stone Unturned.

The achievement descriptions will be updated to reflect this.
Code warrior
We actually intended to show the numbers for All Ears and No Stone Unturned. That it doesn't show these numbers is a bug. Locomancer will not show the numbers, but you can see your missing waypoints on the world map.

You can just click through the text if you don't want to read/listen to it. You'll still get the achievement.

You will need multiple difficulties to get All Ears. Note that it's all optional dialogue. Most quest dialogue doesn't count. You'll still need to side with all three bandit lords, though (Eramir has no optional dialogue for helping him, but the bandits do).

The All Ears achievement is actually deceptively difficult, though seeing the numbers will help.

There are 197190 optional NPC dialogues in the game to find, and 50 49 pieces of environmental lore.

[Edit] There are only 49 pieces of environmental lore atm. Sorry.
[Edit2] As of 1.0.1, there are only 190 optional NPC dialogues.
[Edit3] Oops, you do need to help all three bandits and Eramir, too. Guess you need a bandit respec book...
Code warrior
Last edited by Rhys on Jan 23, 2014, 6:02:33 AM
"
Kirielis wrote:
are any dialogues necessary which disappear when quests are completed?

Yes, several.
Code warrior
"
Ouroboros226 wrote:
Nooo... that means killing Oak! </3

Well, once the bandit respecs are in you could theoretically do that...

They'll probably be quite expensive though.
Code warrior
Apologies. There are only 49 pieces of environmental lore. I thought one of them was in-game, but it actually isn't yet.

Also, it appears that Locomancer is counting Act 4 as well, and so is unachievable. A fix for this will be deployed in 1.0.1 next week. Once the achievement is fixed, you will need to touch any waypoint anywhere to get the achievement (if you already meet the requirements).
Code warrior
As of 1.0.1, there are only 190 optional NPC dialogues (some were reclassified), and you can now see the exact number you have in the achievement/challenges panel.

Eramir's Dark Altar spiel is not one of them. You can tell an NPC's speech is a quest one if it appears below the line when choosing what to talk about.
Code warrior
I just did a run-through of this achievement. I found a couple that were impossible: these will be fixed soon.

Pelife123 is correct: you need to help all three bandit lords, but you also need to kill them all to help Eramir. This is only possible with judicious use of a bandit respec book.

I will give y'all a hint that might speed this up for you: you can get 180/190 just by playing through Normal difficulty. The last 10 are from alternate quest routes and should be obvious once you have the first 180. (please wait for the patch that fixes the few impossible ones before spending too much time on this)
Code warrior
Last edited by Rhys on Jan 23, 2014, 6:11:06 AM
Regarding Books of Reform:

1) You cannot use a Book of Reform if you have not completed the quest.
2) You cannot use a Book of Reform if it would have no effect (i.e. you can't use a book of Eramir's favour if you already helped him and killed all the bandits).
3) Books of Reform only change your reward stat (+life, +mana, +max power charges, etc). They do not change any other quest state, such as whether or not you have killed the bandits.
4) Following from point 3, you can therefore use Books of Reform to let you kill bandits you previously helped. This is necessary to do at least once to gain the achievement.

Some other clarifications:
-Optional dialogue never makes other dialogue disappear. It does sometimes make new ones appear, though.
-Environmental lore has no effect on dialogue.
Code warrior
"
Mysticman89 wrote:
If one can just do a run through supporting each bandit and do everything else in the game and end up with 189 and finally come back in late end game to use a book to kill the bandits to get 190, then that's acceptable.

Basically this.

"
sunleonid wrote:

Have the two impossible dialogues been patched in?

Yes, in 1.0.6.
Code warrior
"
Exraven wrote:
I think one of those three is the Scion which you can't help anymore so you need to make a new account and start over :)

No, there isn't one for the Scion unlock.
Code warrior

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info